Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's been reported we've been open to calls for a bit now, just have yet to get formal offers.

Good to know though, was just nice to see someone from outside JAX report on it.

I believe the getting calls part. I'd just be wary of the "sources say the price starts at a first" line from him, unless it is corroborated from others. He lost a lot of credibility a few years ago when Jerry Reese got fired and whoever was feeding him insider information for the Giants from that regime left. He's been pretty clueless ever since.

16 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I believe the getting calls part. I'd just be wary of the "sources say the price starts at a first" line from him, unless it is corroborated from others. He lost a lot of credibility a few years ago when Jerry Reese got fired and whoever was feeding him insider information for the Giants from that regime left. He's been pretty clueless ever since.

It's been reported by local media. Mike Garafolo also said that a 1st+ is likely where the Jaguars stand on price on NFLN the other day I believe as well.

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's been reported we've been open to calls for a bit now, just have yet to get formal offers.

Good to know though, was just nice to see someone from outside JAX report on it.

I expect Seattle to stay involved until we hear about any resolution with Jadeveon Clowney and Everson Griffen. Considering how steep the decline is from Chase Young to any of the other pass rushers in this class (at least based off of my assessment), it seems like good timing for Jacksonville to be shopping him. 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I expect Seattle to stay involved until we hear about any resolution with Jadeveon Clowney and Everson Griffen. Considering how steep the decline is from Chase Young to any of the other pass rushers in this class (at least based off of my assessment), it seems like good timing for Jacksonville to be shopping him. 

Yeah, there's talk that report from Garafolo was sparked by Seattle posturing with Clowney. Not sure if that's true or not, but a possibility.

Pauline reported Seattle was thinking about offered their 1 and 2 for Yan and our 2 + potentially a mid round pick. That's not quite ideal but interesting at least. But that was weeks ago.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It's been reported by local media. Mike Garafolo also said that a 1st+ is likely where the Jaguars stand on price on NFLN the other day I believe as well.

I do not think the Jags get a 1st rd pick unless it is late 20s or 30s. 

11 minutes ago, BZski said:

I do not think the Jags get a 1st rd pick unless it is late 20s or 30s. 

We'll see.

Frank Clark went for a 1 and 2 right before the draft. Yan may not be quite the run stopper, but teams are trading for these guys for the pass rush ability. As you can see with those images above, not many have been better who have gotten paid recently, especially at Yan's age.

The Jags would be crazy not to trade him. They need to rebuild and learn what they have with Minshew, Allen, and their draft class.

Here are the games they won last year

• vs 2-6 Flacco
  • vs 2-4 Mariota
  • vs 2-11 Dalton
  • vs 7-6 Darnold (think of the Jets as a 7-6 team and forget the awful 0-3 that was Faulk/Siemian)

At this point they were 4-9 and finished out with 3 teams streaking to end the season.

• 7-9 Indy and Oakland both finished out 1-5  (Jags wins)
  • 7-9 Atlanta was on a 6-2 streak and beat the Jags

Thinking of building up from 6 wins might not be the best strategy.

35 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Jags would be crazy not to trade him. They need to rebuild and learn what they have with Minshew, Allen, and their draft class.

Here are the games they won last year

• vs 2-6 Flacco
  • vs 2-4 Mariota
  • vs 2-11 Dalton
  • vs 7-6 Darnold (think of the Jets as a 7-6 team and forget the awful 0-3 that was Faulk/Siemian)

At this point they were 4-9 and finished out with 3 teams streaking to end the season.

• 7-9 Indy and Oakland both finished out 1-5  (Jags wins)
  • 7-9 Atlanta was on a 6-2 streak and beat the Jags

Thinking of building up from 6 wins might not be the best strategy.

All hinges on Minshew in the W/L category regardless of Yan.

If he builds on last year 7+ wins is feasible. If not then we probably win 3-5.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:49 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

Yes we did(see how fun this is)

Just because YOU cant see a quality starter doesn't mean we haven't set ourselves up to improve. It's easy to grab Conklin, Byron Jones, trade for Hopkins and Buckner. But we've been down that road. We've added depth, players who play without hurting the team(low penalties), guys with talent who just need to find consistency. You guys want teams to sign names but that's not the approach the best teams have used over the years. I'm assuming you think giving Leonard Floyd 10M was the way to go about things when we brought back Poole and Jenkins and added Desir for 15M total.

I'm not worried about cliches like moving the needle. We added talent, potential, depth and did not hinder our ability to utilize our cap space now nor in the future. That's how you utilize free agency.

Welcome to BB world !

We've added depth, players who play without hurting the team(low penalties), guys with talent who just need to find consistency. You guys want teams to sign names but that's not the approach the best teams have used over the years.

It still amazes me that GM pay big money to players to BUILD a team. Clowney 20+ is Fools Gold!!! Never. BB takes that 20 and brings in 5 players!

Edited by m haynes

I missed the Cowboys kicker signing.

They had the 32nd best kicker in FG% so they went out and signed the guy with the 28th best % to a big deal.

Lets think about this. Could it just be a 1 time bad year or did he have some huge event that messed with his psyche?

How about missing a FG in the SB while down 10, ending any shot your team had of a miracle?

This is such a Cowboys move.

Guess who signed Vanderjagt after his Colts meltdown?