RaidersAreOne

Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

54 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

I am usually on the side of the players in most situations, but this is just trashy.  Especially what's going with everyone losing jobs, businesses, and so on, on a public forum via Twitter.  I don't care how "nice" it is intended.  Trash.

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you thoughts would be different

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I wouldn’t put it out there on Twitter but I don’t think NFL owners are hurting all that bad for cash, lol.

No, but that's between you and your employer.  Especially as he isn't hurting for cash either.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you thoughts would be different

If I was a multi-millionaire, I wouldn't be whining about money owed to me on Twitter.  I wouldn't even If I wasn't a multi-millionaire, as I have already been in that situation.

Given the added state of everything, it's trashy.

Edited by Zalixar

13 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

No, but that's between you and your employer.  Especially as he isn't hurting for cash either.

I agree with putting it out there, but isn’t delaying payment (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) also trashy? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I agree with putting it out there, but isn’t delaying payment (giving them the benefit of the doubt here) also trashy? 

Do we know that to be a fact?  Was this checked by his agent/lawyer with the teams?  Did they specifically say they won't pay?  I highly doubt any team would refuse to pay unless there is some debate over contract language in which it would go to additional meetings or whatever arbitration.

Either way, not even knowing all details, whether he deserves to get paid is irrelevant. 

I am saying in the context of the situation.  He isn't hurting for money.  If he is owed he will most likely get paid.  When people are losing everything left and right, he feels so entitled to play the victim here, even if he is 100% right. Just like the famous entertainers comparing their time isolating to "jail" or any other stupid stuff highly paid people complain about. 

What, whoever is doing the Twitter is in charge of handling payment to players?  Please, it's for attention and nothing else - and not the good kind.

Edited by Zalixar

7 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Do we know that to be a fact?  Was this checked by his agent/lawyer with the teams?  Did they specifically say they won't pay?  I highly doubt any team would refuse to pay unless there is some debate over contract language in which it would go to additional meetings or whatever arbitration.

I mean, no. I pretty clearly stated “giving them the benefit of the doubt here”. 

Either way, not even knowing all details, whether he deserves to get paid is irrelevant. 

I am saying in the context of the situation.  He isn't hurting for money.  If he is owed he will most likely get paid.  When people are losing everything left and right, he feels so entitled to play the victim here, even if he is 100% right. Just like the famous entertainers comparing their time isolating to "jail" or any other stupid stuff highly paid people complain about. 

Play victim? Sounds like a joke, to me. 

FYI: being rich doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to be paid on time like anyone else would. 

What, whoever is doing the Twitter is in charge of handling payment to players?  Please, it's for attention and nothing else - and not the good kind.

Shrug. I thought it was more of a joke than a statement actually demanding payment, which I’m sure is based in some sort of truth (why else say it?). Sounds like you’re taking it a bit too seriously.

The Texans are going to be in a salary cap nightmare in the near future.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, no. I pretty clearly stated “giving them the benefit of the doubt here”. 

Play victim? Sounds like a joke, to me. 

FYI: being rich doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to be paid on time like anyone else would. 

Shrug. I thought it was more of a joke than a statement actually demanding payment, which I’m sure is based in some sort of truth (why else say it?). Sounds like you’re taking it a bit too seriously.

Anything can be a "joke" afterwards.   You can do and say anything and be like "just joking bro, haha" and all is forgiven it seems.  From what I've seen, people "joke" about things they are serious about, not actually joking, but you know "just joking haha."

Never said he didn't deserve to get paid.  I think it's a read the room scenario, if we are going with the joke angle.  I think anything can be funny, even dead babies jokes are hilarious, but you know, I wouldn't say that in a room of parents that had unfortunate miscarriages sort of thing. 

*Disclaimer* just to say that anything can be funny in context, not that certain issues should be laughed at, just using a more "extreme example" to make a point.

Either way.  My opinion of him doesn't drop. 

Edited by Zalixar
Spelling

If the Browns pair Clowney with Myles Garrett. Oh my.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, wackywabbit said:

After a certain day in early May, free agent signings no longer count for the compensatory formula. Is there any chance that Clowney is actually building his value by not costing the team that signs him an offsetting pick? 

Seattle will probably be pissed if they lose out on a 3rd round pick that they thought was in the bank when they traded for him xD

They probably already lost out on the comp pick because they signed Bruce Irvin and Benson Mayowa. 

sGGf603sKvaudW0FmI4SaKKSpp_UjRXhr1IxefC1

• Like 1

Not a lot to add to Clowney rumors.

Browns GM Andrew Berry on Jadeveon Clowney: "I'm not going to get into the habit of commenting on players that aren't on our roster. Jadeveon, he's a good football player... we're going to be aggressive and adding talent to the roster... we're actively always looking"

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenAxelrod/status/1248613886976131072

The NFL should take away the Rams #52 pick for not paying Gurley and tell them they lose #57 if they don't pay him by Wednesday.

It was a stupid contract with stupid guarantees but they signed it in good faith so pay him or face the consequences.

Also, it should be standard practice that any player signing offset contracts gets paid in full by the team who releases them and then the new team pays the old team instead of the player for the offset portion. This would mean that Gurley and Matthews get their money now and can worry about offset later.

On 4/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, MD4L said:

If the Browns pair Clowney with Myles Garrett. Oh my.

What ever happened to Oliver Vernon?

4 hours ago, Kirill said:

What ever happened to Oliver Vernon?

He is always hurt and lost a ton of juice since he was you g