Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

On 4/9/2020 at 5:18 PM, Zalixar said:

I am usually on the side of the players in most situations, but this is just trashy.  Especially what's going with everyone losing jobs, businesses, and so on, on a public forum via Twitter.  I don't care how "nice" it is intended.  Trash.

If he is owed money, this might be the last option he has sort of suing the man.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:35 PM, Zalixar said:

If I was a multi-millionaire, I wouldn't be whining about money owed to me on Twitter.  I wouldn't even If I wasn't a multi-millionaire, as I have already been in that situation.

Given the added state of everything, it's trashy.

I don't believe you for a second. If you felt a billionaire was holding millions back from you while you are on a 1 year deal with no guarantee of any future pay, you'd take the high road and say "Meh, oh well?"? Horse ****.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't believe you for a second. If you felt a billionaire was holding millions back from you while you are on a 1 year deal with no guarantee of any future pay, you'd take the high road and say "Meh, oh well?"? Horse ****.

Confused as to where I said the attitude would be "Meh, oh well?"

It was explicit that it wouldn't be aired over social media, it would be dealt with in house, one way or another.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zalixar said:

Confused as to where I said the attitude would be "Meh, oh well?"

It was explicit that it wouldn't be aired over social media, it would be dealt with in house, one way or another.

and if those avenues proved fruitless? Although I cant prove it, I'm sure gurley called them before sending a tweet. I also have a hard time seeing Clay Mathews saying anything like this publicly without first saying a lot privately. The guy has always carried himself like a professional. Tweeting before calling goes against everything we know about clay Mathews. 

I have a hard time believing that if someone owed you * seven million dollars * or rather $7,000,000 that you would not use any (legal) means necessary to get them to pay. but hey, I don't know you at all. so, whatever. stay on your high horse all you want. 

I think its hilarious, personally. Lets keep in mind that Kronke is a real estate billionaire and then married Walmart money. drop in the bucket to them, but now its a public embarrassment. 

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, N4L said:

and if those avenues proved fruitless? Although I cant prove it, I'm sure gurley called them before sending a tweet. I also have a hard time seeing Clay Mathews saying anything like this publicly without first saying a lot privately. The guy has always carried himself like a professional. Tweeting before calling goes against everything we know about clay Mathews. 

I have a hard time believing that if someone owed you * seven million dollars * or rather $7,000,000 that you would not use any (legal) means necessary to get them to pay. but hey, I don't know you at all. so, whatever. stay on your high horse all you want. 

I think its hilarious, personally. Lets keep in mind that Kronke is a real estate billionaire and then married Walmart money. drop in the bucket to them, but now its a public embarrassment. 

Not complaining on social media about private matters is considered being on a high horse?

Standards have really dropped these days.

13 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Not complaining on social media about private matters is considered being on a high horse?

Standards have really dropped these days.

No, being on a high horse is looking in judgement upon others based on some supposed moral high ground, which is typically baseless or misguided 

You aren't complaining about something 'private' on social media, but you are complaining about something someone said on Twitter over a football forum. A big part of it is the way you said it and how you responded to it. Do you see why multiple people have told you that your stance is a little misguided?  

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but lets not pretend that what you are saying is not said from a high horse 

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

No, being on a high horse is looking in judgement upon others based on some supposed moral high ground, which is typically baseless or misguided 

You aren't complaining about something 'private' on social media, but you are complaining about something someone said on Twitter over a football forum. A big part of it is the way you said it and how you responded to it. Do you see why multiple people have told you that your stance is a little misguided?  

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but lets not pretend that what you are saying is not said from a high horse 

Not really, no.

I would expect/believe most people would keep certain things in house, at least in certain issues.  I don't think it's some rare quality. 

Life existed before social media, people dealt with stuff on their own terms without drawing attention to thousands of people.

It was also in conjunction with the current world dealings, a very wealthy person calling out missing payments over social media (however true or not, or joking or not) while many are struggling to keep their lives afloat.  Just a bit tone deaf, but celebrities live in different world than us (example of celebrities comparing their quarantine in their luxurious house a "prison").  Have to have the attention.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, Falconof Shadows said:

I bet if the shoe was on the other foot you thoughts would be different

As someone who lives just above paycheck to paycheck this is insulting. That moron made more last year than most americans will in their lives and he wants to post about wanting his money this second? Even if it was a joke he comes off as an ***.

1 hour ago, Vorsutus said:

As someone who lives just above paycheck to paycheck this is insulting. That moron made more last year than most americans will in their lives and he wants to post about wanting his money this second? Even if it was a joke he comes off as an ***.

I’ve never thought about Todd Gurley while applying for a job. Never thought about him while checking my schedule or depositing my check. I’ve never thought of him when negotiating for a pay raise or paying my bills. Why do you think he should think about me?

• Like 1