Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone else find it amusing how Passionate Rams fans in this forum were about Todd Gurley being the best RB in the NFL, worth every penny of that contract, future HOF RB ,could be best ever and now less then 16 months later boasting about how glad they are his contract is off the books, good riddance and making jokes about his knees?

Ahh the good ole' days of late 2018, early 2019! Man how time flys. 🍺

I think you're forgetting how good he actually was before he went down. He was a legit MVP caliber RB, and one that turned that helped turn that offense into a juggernaut. It's possible to say that he was worth every penny before the injury and that it was a good thing to move on after.

Also, let's stop with the exaggeration. Show me some evidence of any Rams fan saying that they thought he was going to be the best ever or stop creating fake information. I'll never understand why people love to put words in others' mouths to tear them down. 

7 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

He was the best RB in football and worth the contract while healthy. I don't believe anyone said or thought he could be the best ever as that seems extreme. He certainly was on a HOF track. 2 straight All-Pro seasons indicate that. 

The person above isn't a Rams fan. 

Kareem Hunt was better in '17 and Saquon was better in '18. Gurley was never the best RB in the NFL. He was 2nd best during those two seasons though.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Morale of the story is, don't overpay RB, even if it hurts in the short term.  If Mixon won't accept 4/40, then the Bengals should let him go after this year.

RB's deserve the dough as much as anybody, but a salary-capped league makes them not worth the investment. Once every 3 or 4 years should be an un-capped year. Or not. What the hell do I know?

Just now, Jeezla said:

RB's deserve the dough as much as anybody, but a salary-capped league makes them not worth the investment. Once every 3 or 4 years should be an un-capped year. Or not. What the hell do I know?

I agree they deserve to be paid for their value, but like you said, in a salary cap league you have to allocate resources, and RB's just don't last.  The solution that makes sense to me, but the NFLPA will NEVER EVER go for it, is to move to a more incentive based pay structure for rookie contracts that eat up more of the salary cap than currently and pay those who produce.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree they deserve to be paid for their value, but like you said, in a salary cap league you have to allocate resources, and RB's just don't last.  The solution that makes sense to me, but the NFLPA will NEVER EVER go for it, is to move to a more incentive based pay structure for rookie contracts that eat up more of the salary cap than currently and pay those who produce.

Both nflpa and owners wouldn't want that. There is Mutual interest in both sides to pay rookies the peanuts, and they don't get to vote

11 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

He was the best RB in football and worth the contract while healthy. I don't believe anyone said or thought he could be the best ever as that seems extreme. He certainly was on a HOF track. 2 straight All-Pro seasons indicate that. 

The person above isn't a Rams fan. 

He did like the St Louis version of Gurley lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I think it’d be interesting if the league set up an independent fund that gave payouts for players that got top 5/10 in specific stats. Would never really work for a multitude of reasons, plus I’m sure some teams would use it against the good players in negotiations. But it’d allow great producers on rookie deals to make a little extra doe if they’re earning it. 

Again, I don’t think it’d work like that but I do think there’s room for some sort system that gives monetary rewards for top performing players.

34 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If an NFL team was a car, Running Backs would be? The tires? No matter how expensive they get they will wear down eventually and should consistently be replaced for ones with less tread. 

I'd love to see the overall performance of a Lamborghini after a tire change if given a set of Douglas All Seasons instead?