Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

Dak, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Tannehill, Jameis, Teddy, Mariota, Eli

Gordon, Ekeler, Drake, Henry, Hunt, Jordan Howard

Cooper, AJG, Emmanuel, Anderson, Agholor, Amendola, Perriman, Demarcus Robinson, Dorsett

Hooper, Henry, Ebron

Scherff, Thuney, Castonzo?, Conklin, Bulaga, Humphries, Whitworth, Beachum, Greg Robinson, Darryl Williams, Demar Dotson, Andrus Peat, Glasgow, Blythe

Clowney, Chris Jones, Yannick, Armstead, Fowler, Barrett, JPP, Nassib, Dupree, Judon, Leonard Williams, DJ Reader, Hargrave, McCoy, Suh, Robert Quinn, Shelby Harris, Jarran Reed, Brockers, Maliek Collins, Wolfe, Sheard, Jordan Phillips, Vic Beasley, Michael Pierce, Shaq Lawson, Quinton Jefferson, Ogbah, A'Shawn Robinson, Jordan Jenkins

Van Noy, Collins, DeVondre Campbell, Schobert, Littleton, Trevathan, Kwiatkowski, Blake Martinez

Byron Jones, Kendall Fuller, Bradberry, Justin Simmons, Chris Harris, Anthony Harris, Ha Ha, Devin McCourty, Apple, Von Bell, Janoris, Jalen Mills, Darby, McLeod, Jimmy Smith, Talib, Roby, Dennard, Jimmie Ward, Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Karl Joseph, Clayton Geathers, Damarius Randall, Mackensie Alexander

• Like 2

Not a ranking just names that popped when looking at the full list. 

Should be some veteran QB options, thin WR market will lead to someone like Robby Anderson overpaid. Same thing at OL, expect Scherff and Thuney to get huge deals. LB is thin with Van Noy or Littleton the best option?

DL/EDGE and DB has a lot of depth and talent. I expect a few to receive franchise tag. 

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

New HC will want his own QB. Tag Cooper, re-sign Byron, get a 2021 3rd round comp for Dak. Cowboys roll with Mariota on a 1 year prove it deal, but secretly know he's even worse than Dak and are just using him to get to Justin Fields.

If history has taught us anything, it's that if Jerruh wants Dak then the new HC will be selected based upon his willingness to sign off on Dak being his ride or die.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

All things considered, Yannick is more of a 4-3 guy, right? He wouldn't translate well as a 34 OLB or a 5 Tech, right?

I'll admit, I box score scout him at most.

5-Tech, no.  But he's played more LEO and OLB for the Jags than 4T or either of the DT positions, to my knowledge.  Assuming you guys stick with the 3-4 if/once RAC gets put on the curb where he belongs (would be hilarious if the Browns hired McDaniels and he turned around and brought Romeo back to Cleveland for a 3rd tour), he'd likely slot in on the EDGE for you guys.

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

With Dak coming crashing back to earth do they use the tag on him and let Cooper walk?  

Split Value G W L T Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A A/G Y/G Att Yds Y/A TD A/G Y/G TD Pts Fmb FL FF FR Yds TD
Month September 4 3 1 0 92 127 35 72.44 1143 9 3 113.7 3 24 9.00 9.35 31.8 285.8 12 95 7.92 1 3.0 23.8 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0
  October 3 1 2 0 76 111 35 68.47 980 3 4 89.9 7 56 8.83 7.75 37.0 326.7 12 68 5.67 2 4.0 22.7 2 12 1 0 0 0 0 0
  November 5 2 3 0 130 209 79 62.20 1665 11 4 96.7 6 46 7.97 8.16 41.8 333.0 14 59 4.21 0 2.8 11.8 0 0 3 1 0 1 -5 0
  December 4 2 2 0 90 149 59 60.40 1114 7 0 99.2 7 25 7.48 8.42 37.3 278.5 14 55 3.93 0 3.5 13.8 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 0

"Crashing back to earth"? His 4th qrt of the season was a 99.2 QB rating. If you just take the December and spread it for the entire year:

360/596 60.4 4456 yards 28 TDs 0 INTs 99.2

And remember, the first game of December he broke a finger in each hand and the second game of December he sprained his AC joint and couldnt practice/throw for a week. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

This.  What we might see is a last-minute caving on (over)paying Cooper because doing so would still be less expensive (and probably less impactful long-term if things turn south) than overpaying Dak on a long-term deal.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean, they may not have a choice if they can't get something done with one of them. I agree with LBC though....if it gets to the end of the line, I wouldn't at all be shocked if they ended up caving and giving Cooper a massive almost Michael Thomas level deal. 

To the above two: We have $86m in cap space and 1 almost virtual lock to be cut (Crawford) adds $8m more. So assuming everyone goes at market rakes, we should be fine.

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

New HC will want his own QB. Tag Cooper, re-sign Byron, get a 2021 3rd round comp for Dak. Cowboys roll with Mariota on a 1 year prove it deal, but secretly know he's even worse than Dak and are just using him to get to Justin Fields.

That is a ridiculous thing to say. 

In fact, the rest of the post is completely ridiculous also. I guarantee you got EVERY SINGLE THING WRONG. Except maybe tag cooper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

To the above two: We have $86m in cap space and 1 almost virtual lock to be cut (Crawford) adds $8m more. So assuming everyone goes at market rakes, we should be fine.

I won't disbelieve it.  But Cody Wasserman - the head the agency that Cooper's agent moved to in November - boasts 5 of the last year's most powerful sports agents in the business - including the guys who got Giancarlo Stanton, Russell Westbrook, and Andrew Luck paid like kings.  There's a standard expected at that agency, which is market-setting rates as well as not dismissing leverage when you have it.  Armstead is also Cooper's agent's clients, so he doesn't want to be setting the precedent that his clients are willing to accept less-than-market deals.  Yes, you guys should be fine and able to cover.  But, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to pay a little extra to get Cooper over the finish line before free agency officially kicks off, because his agent knows that's he's got leverage.  Dak's agent is Todd France, the same guy who handles Aaron Donald, and he's not budging from seeking a market-setting deal.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

But, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up having to pay a little extra to get Cooper over the finish line before free agency officially kicks off, because his agent knows that's he's got leverage.  Dak's agent is Todd France, the same guy who handles Aaron Donald, and he's not budging from seeking a market-setting deal.

Also the same Agent that just got Carson Wentz his Mega deal. It's going to be hilarious to watch Jerry and Stephen try justifying the Franchise Tag, Not Long term contract Dak is about to get. It's Coming!!!

Lets see if the Highest Paid Trio in the NFL next year, actually make the Playoffs??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

I wonder what his price would look like - Anderson would be able to take on that Will Fuller "deep speed" role, and he'd actually stay somewhat healthy.

While Fuller is probably going to be dirt cheap in terms of re-signing him, he's basically locked into missing 4-8 games a season. After a while, it's pointless to give him any money...

Robby misses games too where he’s just nonexistent.