Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There is none, none at all.

I get it'd be cool/exciting to get the GOAT and probably sell a lot of tickets. But as far as who the better QB is? Idk how that isn't Tannehill.

Thank you.

I feel like I've been in bizzaro land the past month over in Titans land with those touting for Brady. I'm not even nuts about Tannehill but I think him vs Brady for our situation in 2020 and beyond is a no brainer.

As I said multiple times in our forum, I just can't get excited over a regressing immobile 43 year old QB, who'd be learning a new offensive system for the first time in years and will be playing behind an average(at best) pass blocking OL. I don't care who that QB is.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

So he's not a QB that can carry a team/greatly improve the offense around him?

Why is he better to get than Tanny outside of his past? Henry greatly improved once Mariota got benched. It's not like he carried ehhh QB play. Brown took off with the greatly improved QB play too. None of that happened with players/young guys around Brady.

He’s not the same QB that can turn a terd in to gold, we’ve already established that. He can’t elevate a receiving core that can’t separate, or a 40 year old TE, or a rushing attack that averages 3.8 ypc, or an o-line that’s dismantled. But that doesn’t make him worse than Tannehill.

The players/young guys around Brady were bad and Brady isn’t at the stage of his career where he can elevate bad players anymore. You would have seen AJ and Henry both improve if Mariota was benched for Brady.

Also for the record, Henry didn’t take off as soon as Tannehill came on to the scene. That happened after Lewan and Saffold’s chemistry clicked a few games after Lewans suspension and Nate Davis finally got his rookie feet under him. Henry also has a history of carrying us with bad QB play, he’s not reliant on Tannehill. As for AJ, he showed flashes of the player he was with Mariota. The point is that Tannehill had talent to work with, Brady did not.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He’s not the same QB that can turn a terd in to gold, we’ve already established that. He can’t elevate a receiving core that can’t separate, or a 40 year old TE, or a rushing attack that averages 3.8 ypc, or an o-line that’s dismantled. But that doesn’t make him worse than Tannehill.

The players/young guys around Brady were bad and Brady isn’t at the stage of his career where he can elevate bad players anymore. You would have seen AJ and Henry both improve if Mariota was benched for Brady.

Also for the record, Henry didn’t take off as soon as Tannehill came on to the scene. That happened after Lewan and Saffold’s chemistry clicked a few games after Lewans suspension and Nate Davis finally got his rookie feet under him. Henry also has a history of carrying us with bad QB play, he’s not reliant on Tannehill. As for AJ, he showed flashes of the player he was with Mariota. The point is that Tannehill had talent to work with, Brady did not.

Literally when Tannehill came in the whole offense surged. If you want to use that for chemistry between a couple OL transcending the offense then I guess so be it...but I disagree. Henry was good before Tanny, but he went on a historic run after having a QB go on an elite stretch and improvement in the passing game that opened things up.

Brady had a couple young/decent running backs, NKeal Harry, Edelman, and some solid guys on the OL. Let's not act like there was zero talent. He didn't elevate those guys, and clearly needs good talent to get the job done at this point clearly.

Tannehill going in had Henry and who? AJ bursted onto the scene, as did several others once he took over. 

Put Tannehill in NE and who knows what the RB ypc averages. Who knows if Harry and co. jump onto the scene sooner with elite level QB play.

Think you're banking on Tanny falling on his face and Brady just needing good talent and he'll be back to SB Brady.

50 minutes ago, BZski said:

He better take that contrat that buzz was saying the Jags offered. Nobody else will pay him that contract.

Everyone will pay him that contract. You're not familiar with Yan if you think he's not getting a Frank Clark-type deal.

If the Texans could sign him for that much, I'd be very excited.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Everyone will pay him that contract. You're not familiar with Yan if you think he's not getting a Frank Clark-type deal.

If the Texans could sign him for that much, I'd be very excited.

I dont see it. Then again I didnt see Trey Flowers getting a 18 mil a year either. Maybe you guys are right. I guess I should have said there is noway I would pay him that as a GM.