Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

My picks with Brady:

1. Cowboys
2. Raiders
3. Chargers
4. Titans

And although I believe a lot more teams will make the call I think Brady wouldn't look past the above four. The Titans being in the AFC South and having that run game with Vrabel coaching have an arguement but it's not as strong as the other 3. I don't think playing in the same division as the Chiefs bothers Brady all too much. But I do think it's hard to look past the Cowboys for their talent and weak division along with it being in the NFC and Jerry Jones the owner. There's also a ton of money to be made outside football.

29 minutes ago, x0x said:

My picks with Brady:

1. Cowboys
2. Raiders
3. Chargers
4. Titans

And although I believe a lot more teams will make the call I think Brady wouldn't look past the above four. The Titans being in the AFC South and having that run game with Vrabel coaching have an arguement but it's not as strong as the other 3. I don't think playing in the same division as the Chiefs bothers Brady all too much. But I do think it's hard to look past the Cowboys for their talent and weak division along with it being in the NFC and Jerry Jones the owner. There's also a ton of money to be made outside football.

I just really, really can't see Tom Brady's last pass in New England being a game losing pick 6.

57 minutes ago, BZski said:

I dont see it. Then again I didnt see Trey Flowers getting a 18 mil a year either. Maybe you guys are right. I guess I should have said there is noway I would pay him that as a GM.

Frank Clark literally got 5 yrs, 105M last year.

Really good young players continuously set the new market price for positions. Whoever is up after Yan will get paid more/reset it again. That's how this works.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Literally when Tannehill came in the whole offense surged.

Literally you didn't watch the games at all if you're coming to this conclusion. When he played the second half against Denver he led our offense to a grand total of 0 points. The next 3 weeks we averaged 23 ppg. That's hardly surging, that's like a middle of the pack offense lol.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

If you want to use that for chemistry between a couple OL transcending the offense then I guess so be it...but I disagree.

You're changing the subject, we were talking about Henry not the offense in it's entirety. 

If it was simply Tannehill entering the scene that caused Henry to take off then explain why Henry performed so poorly in weeks 7-9 in comparison to weeks 10-17? Why did he go from averaging 4.47 ypc the first 3 games Tannehill started to 6.44 ypc the rest of the way?

If you watched our games (you didn't) the beginning of the entire offense transcending started to take root in the second half of week 9 against Carolina when we opened the half by handing the ball off to Henry 7 out of 8 plays en route to a TD. The o-line synchronized, our OC learned it was Henry who our offense needed to lean on regardless of a defense's strength, and Tannehill played off of Henry sucking the defense in.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Brady had a couple young/decent running backs, NKeal Harry, Edelman, and some solid guys on the OL. Let's not act like there was zero talent. He didn't elevate those guys, and clearly needs good talent to get the job done at this point clearly.

New England's RB's are all below average runners...James White is the only one worth anything because of his pass catching abilities. And Nkeal Harry? The guy who Brady didn't trust at all because he was running wrong routes and could hardly create separation? It was one of the least talented offenses in the entire league. Like I already said multiple times, he's not a QB that can elevate players with little to no talent anymore, I don't know why you keep bringing it back up. The guys who do have talent though he clearly can still get the job done with (White and Edelman) and he'll have plenty of talent here so it's a non-issue for us.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Tannehill going in had Henry and who? AJ bursted onto the scene, as did several others once he took over. 

AJ Brown bursted on to the scene multiple times with Mariota lol, another case of you not watching the games. He became a consistent producer with Tannehill late in the season, but it was clear who AJ was before Tannehill entered the scene. Who are these several other players that bursted on to the scene after Tannehill took the reigns?

Edited by dtait93

I mentioned this about a month ago, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on the possibilities that Alex Smith could be a legit option for someone still. Assuming he is healthy enough to play again and if Tom Brady leaves the Patriots, I think Alex Smith would be the perfect 1-2 year QB for B.B

Alex is a true professional, doesn't turn the ball over much, and was a heck of an athlete (Not sure how well he will move around now) 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Frank Clark literally got 5 yrs, 105M last year.

Really good young players continuously set the new market price for positions. Whoever is up after Yan will get paid more/reset it again. That's how this works.

I think Frank Clark is substantially better though. 

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I mentioned this about a month ago, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on the possibilities that Alex Smith could be a legit option for someone still. Assuming he is healthy enough to play again and if Tom Brady leaves the Patriots, I think Alex Smith would be the perfect 1-2 year QB for B.B

Alex is a true professional, doesn't turn the ball over much, and was a heck of an athlete (Not sure how well he will move around now) 

He can barely walk. 

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I just really, really can't see Tom Brady's last pass in New England being a game losing pick 6.

Brett Favre's last pass in Green Bay was a game-losing INT.  It can happen to anyone.  My guess is that Brady's biggest concern is that his last career pass is not a game-losing pick-6.  His legacy is cemented about as well is anyone could ever do it in New England.  It's like if Michael Jordan missed a game tying shot in his attempt at a 7th championship in Chicago.  Even if that happened, he is still a legend. 

If he has a run with another team that is similar to what Montana had with the Chiefs, or Favre had with the Vikings, that would be a good enough way to go out.  Of course, he would love to win a Super Bowl, but that is never a foregone conclusion, even for the GOAT.

Edited by Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Literally you didn't watch the games at all if you're coming to this conclusion. When he played the second half against Denver he led our offense to a grand total of 0 points. The next 3 weeks we averaged 23 ppg. That's hardly surging, that's like a middle of the pack offense lol.

You're changing the subject, we were talking about Henry not the offense in it's entirety. 

If it was simply Tannehill entering the scene that caused Henry to take off then explain why Henry performed so poorly in weeks 7-9 in comparison to weeks 10-17? Why did he go from averaging 4.47 ypc the first 3 games Tannehill started to 6.44 ypc the rest of the way?

If you watched our games (you didn't) the beginning of the entire offense transcending started to take root in the second half of week 9 against Carolina when we opened the half by handing the ball off to Henry 7 out of 8 plays en route to a TD. The o-line synchronized, our OC learned it was Henry who our offense needed to lean on regardless of a defense's strength, and Tannehill played off of Henry sucking the defense in.

New England's RB's are all below average runners...James White is the only one worth anything because of his pass catching abilities. And Nkeal Harry? The guy who Brady didn't trust at all because he was running wrong routes and could hardly create separation? It was one of the least talented offenses in the entire league. Like I already said multiple times, he's not a QB that can elevate players with little to no talent anymore, I don't know why you keep bringing it back up. The guys who do have talent though he clearly can still get the job done with (White and Edelman) and he'll have plenty of talent here so it's a non-issue for us.

AJ Brown bursted on to the scene multiple times with Mariota lol, another case of you not watching the games. He became a consistent producer with Tannehill late in the season, but it was clear who AJ was before Tannehill entered the scene. Who are these several other players that bursted on to the scene after Tannehill took the reigns?

Not going to get in some huge argument over the Titans. Tannehill from when he started to the end of the reg season played like a top 5 QB and was off the charts. If you wanna turn him away and get a QB that's 42 years old and be right back needing a QB in the next year or two then go for it.

1 hour ago, BZski said:

I think Frank Clark is substantially better though. 

Well then I'm assuming you don't watch him, because as a pass rusher that isn't the case whatsoever.

Only thing Clark has is he can set the edge better in the run game. 

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I would love for Alex to play again. But the man needs to retire and maybe get into coaching.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not going to get in some huge argument over the Titans. Tannehill from when he started to the end of the reg season played like a top 5 QB and was off the charts. If you wanna turn him away and get a QB that's 42 years old and be right back needing a QB in the next year or two then go for it.

That’s fine. But don’t act like you know what you’re talking about when you didn’t even watch the games and don’t know what you’re talking about. Pretty silly to accuse other people for not watching games when you’re guilty of it yourself.

Ngakoue has 37.5 sacks and 85 hits in his 4 years.

Clark has 40 sacks and 80 hits the last 4 years.

Khalil Mack has 42.5 and 80 the last 4 years.

Ngakoue is getting paid. 

Everyone is welcome to live in a pretend alternate reality where he won't get paid in 3 weeks.

If you try to make your pretend world real on a message board you may find people that disagree with you.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm assuming you didn't watch Clark

Funny, because I've watched plenty of the Chiefs. I live in Iowa and am surrounded by Chiefs fans. Also saw plenty of him in Seattle. 

Acting as if I'm throwing a dig. Yannick is a gifted pass rusher. He has his issues due to size in the run game, but his pass rush repertoire is tremendous.