Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Ngakoue has 37.5 sacks and 85 hits in his 4 years.

Clark has 40 sacks and 80 hits the last 4 years.

Khalil Mack has 42.5 and 80 the last 4 years.

Ngakoue is getting paid. 

Everyone is welcome to live in a pretend alternate reality where he won't get paid in 3 weeks.

If you try to make your pretend world real on a message board you may find people that disagree with you.

It's like because he plays in JAX and doesn't get the publicity due to being on a bad team he can't be on their tier.

Watch some of his game before acting as if he isn't one of the premier edge rushers right now, at 24 years old.

Edit: Not to mention Clark has some serious off the field issues and still got that contract.

Edited by .Buzz

17 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That’s fine. But don’t act like you know what you’re talking about when you didn’t even watch the games and don’t know what you’re talking about. Pretty silly to accuse other people for not watching games when you’re guilty of it yourself.

I watch plenty of TEN. Just because I don't have their game by game memorized doesn't mean it wasnt highly evident what Tanny was doing was special, AND elevating everything around him when he did get his feet under him.

Let's not act like Brown, Henry, and the rest of the guys that took off didn't greatly improve due to having top 5 QB play...which largely was there the entire time when he was a starter.

But again, go ahead, let him go and go back to looking for a QB in the immediate future as I stated. It's super fun to be in that situation.

Edited by .Buzz

6 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol he wants out so bad

25% of the grievances filed by players in the league with the NFL PA against their team come from Jacksonville. It's nothing that has yet to make it out publicly but there's definitely reason to believe Shad Khan and ownership routinely do something to piss the players off.

4 hours ago, BZski said:

I dont see it. Then again I didnt see Trey Flowers getting a 18 mil a year either. Maybe you guys are right. I guess I should have said there is noway I would pay him that as a GM.

Pass rushers who can get 9-10+ sacks rarely hit the market, it's a position like LT - if you can get one as a FA, you pay out the nose for it. 

He's not commanding an Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack deal, he's not as good as those two. Heck, he might not even get a Jadevion Clowney deal, and he's probably as good as Clowney (Clowney is better against the run, Yan is better against the pass). But he's going to get paid, because edge rushers who can get to the QB are worth a ton.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I watch plenty of TEN. Just because I don't have their game by game memorized because they're not my team doesn't mean it wasnt highly evident what Tanny was doing was special, AND elevating everything around him when he did get his feet under him.

Let's not act like Brown, Henry, and the rest of the guys that took off didn't greatly improve due to having top 5 QB play...which largely was there the entire time when he was a starter.

But again, go ahead, let him go and go back to looking for a QB in the immediate future as I stated. It's super fun to be in that situation.

You can’t honestly say you watch plenty of Titans games if you’re claiming our offense took off the moment Tannehill became the starter man. You don’t have to have the games memorized to see that there was a near month stretch with Tannehill under center that our offense was average. It was a collection of the o-line coming together, our first time OC figuring out what worked and what didn’t, and Henry being great combined with Tannehill playing at a ridiculous level that made our our offense great. You’re ignoring all the context by saying it was simply the insertion of Tannehill when it was a lot more than that.

Brown took off once it all clicked sure because WR production is mostly dependent on QB play, but Henry took off before Tannehill was playing out of his mind and continued playing that way during Tannehill’s regular season run and then kept it going in to the playoffs when he cooled off. As for the, “rest of the guys” that took off I still don’t know who you’re talking about. You can’t name anybody because you don’t really know what you’re talking about and if your being honest you didn’t watch.

5 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You can’t honestly say you watch plenty of Titans games if you’re claiming our offense took off the moment Tannehill became the starter man. You don’t have to have the games memorized to see that there was a near month stretch with Tannehill under center that our offense was average. It was a collection of the o-line coming together, our first time OC figuring out what worked and what didn’t, and Henry being great combined with Tannehill playing at a ridiculous level that made our our offense great. You’re ignoring all the context by saying it was simply the insertion of Tannehill when it was a lot more than that.

Brown took off once it all clicked sure because WR production is mostly dependent on QB play, but Henry took off before Tannehill was playing out of his mind and continued playing that way during Tannehill’s regular season run and then kept it going in to the playoffs when he cooled off. As for the, “rest of the guys” that took off I still don’t know who you’re talking about. You can’t name anybody because you don’t really know what you’re talking about and if your being honest you didn’t watch.

You can't claim to have watched Titans games and not noticed that Mariota was a bad QB with pretty stats and that the instant he was benched the team got better.

They scored 20+ in all 13 games that Tannehill started.

He had a 120 rating in his first start with 312 yards passing, Is that the slow start you meant? xD

They scored 20+ in 2 of 6 Mariota starts.

Here were Tannehill's passer ratings in his 10 regular season starts:

• 331 yards passing, 38 rushing with a TD passing and a TD rushing (yes, a couple picks as well)

Out of those 10 games he threw for 300+ 3 times and 250+ 6 times.

In the 4 games he threw for under 200 yards he combined for 9 TDs and 1 pick.

He struggled in New England against one of the 10 best pass defenses in NFL history with a 61 rating.

• Feel free to do your own research if you are too stubborn to concede their greatness.
  • Then he was back to 109.5 and 108.1 ratings in the next 2 games with 4 TDs and no picks.

Passer rating seasons better than 2019 Tannehill:

• Rodgers 2011
  • Manning 2004
  • Foles 2013

END OF LIST

He did all of this without an NFL level FG kicker in the last 11 of his 13 starts so it was pretty much TD or no points.

You may have watched lots of Titans football this year. You comprehended none of it.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You can't claim to have watched Titans games and not noticed that Mariota was a bad QB with pretty stats and that the instant he was benched the team got better.

They scored 20+ in all 13 games that Tannehill started.

He had a 120 rating in his first start with 312 yards passing, Is that the slow start you meant? xD

They scored 20+ in 2 of 6 Mariota starts.

Here were Tannehill's passer ratings in his 10 regular season starts:

• 331 yards passing, 38 rushing with a TD passing and a TD rushing (yes, a couple picks as well)

Out of those 10 games he threw for 300+ 3 times and 250+ 6 times.

In the 4 games he threw for under 200 yards he combined for 9 TDs and 1 pick.

He struggled in New England against one of the 10 best pass defenses in NFL history with a 61 rating.

• Feel free to do your own research if you are too stubborn to concede their greatness.
  • Then he was back to 109.5 and 108.1 ratings in the next 2 games with 4 TDs and no picks.

Passer rating seasons better than 2019 Tannehill:

• Rodgers 2011
  • Manning 2004
  • Foles 2013

END OF LIST

He did all of this without an NFL level FG kicker in the last 11 of his 13 starts so it was pretty much TD or no points.

You may have watched lots of Titans football this year. You comprehended none of it.

Awesome box score scouting. 

You don’t even comprehend the stance I took, but don’t worry I’m here to help you understand.

Our offense led by Tannehill in weeks 7-9 was average. 23 ppg in that span would rank 16th in 2019. That has nothing to do with Mariota.

It took 3 other components coming together in order for Tannehill to play at the ridiculous level he did to make the offense as great as it was - the o-line coming together, our first time OC learning what worked and what didn’t, and Henry going bananas. Those 3 components began to take root in the second half of week 9 vs Carolina (first half we were shutout with the offense relying heavily on Tannehill because our OC only ran Henry 3 times) and came to fruition in week 10 against KC. Notice his passer rating was considerably higher in 6 of his 7 final starts than his highest passer rating in his first 3 starts? Yeah, that’s because the 3 things I mentioned all came together to help Tannehill reach the level he did.

For someone like you who likes to box score scout and make a 20 bullet point presentation of a player on a team you didn’t even watch or understand the nuances of, I can understand why this would be hard for you to grasp.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Danger said:

25% of the grievances filed by players in the league with the NFL PA against their team come from Jacksonville. It's nothing that has yet to make it out publicly but there's definitely reason to believe Shad Khan and ownership routinely do something to piss the players off.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2019/12/18/jacksonville-jaguars-tom-couglin-fired-after-nflpa-warning-players/2693692001/

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Awesome box score scouting. 

You don’t even comprehend the stance I took, but don’t worry I’m here to help you understand.

Our offense led by Tannehill in weeks 7-9 was average. 23 ppg in that span would rank 16th in 2019. That has nothing to do with Mariota.

It took 3 other components coming together in order for Tannehill to play at the ridiculous level he did to make the offense as great as it was - the o-line coming together, our first time OC learning what worked and what didn’t, and Henry going bananas. Those 3 components began to take root in the second half of week 9 vs Carolina (first half we were shutout with the offense relying heavily on Tannehill because our OC only ran Henry 3 times) and came to fruition in week 10 against KC. Notice his passer rating was considerably higher in 6 of his 7 final starts than his highest passer rating in his first 3 starts? Yeah, that’s because the 3 things I mentioned all came together to help Tannehill reach the level he did.

For someone like you who likes to box score scout and make a 20 bullet point presentation of a player on a team you didn’t even watch or understand the nuances of, I can understand why this would be hard for you to grasp.

Just because I'm saying the offense took off doesn't mean he stepped in and took you to a top 5 offense. You guys were brutal offensively largely until he came in. He came in with a hand that wasn't great outside of Henry (AJ was a rookie, Davis hasn't done much, Delaine was hurt, etc.) and helped make it look competent with a first time OC that most of you were clamoring to fire early on.

Never said he came in and your offense was dominant from the get go. But it definitely looked like a whole lot better and smooth offense with guys picking up their play.

The Rams and Jordan Reed have been in contact about a potential signing. It would likely mean the end of Gerald Everett. He could be had for a 4th, but loads of upside. Solid player, but Rams committed to Higbee as TE1.

Reed is talented, but concussion case. Would be interested to see what he has in a TE2 role reuniting with McVay.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams and Jordan Reed have been in contact about a potential signing. It would likely mean the end of Gerald Everett. He could be had for a 4th, but loads of upside. Solid player, but Rams committed to Higbee as TE1.

Reed is talented, but concussion case. Would be interested to see what he has in a TE2 role reuniting with McVay.

I dont think it would be the end of Everett. Reed would be a good get and with his injury concerns he would not only be a cheap deal for the Rams but they wont be compromised if Reed gets hurt because the Rams have Everett and Higbee. Its a similar situation with the Seahawks who have Dissly, Hollister, and Wilson but still went out and signed Olsen who was cut from the Panthers. Plus I think if there is a guy who can teach Everett how to be Reed in McVay system, its Reed himself.