Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I believe we saw Tannehill’s peak last season. It was good for an AFCCG loss. More tread doesn’t matter if at your peak you can’t bring home the chip.

It doesn’t really work like that, though. Mahomes was the MVP last year, lost in the AFCCG, then won the SB this year. Brady’s best season was a SB loss. Manning’s most recent MVP season was a SB beat down. It’s not as simple as his best season was an AFCCG loss, therefore the Titans will never get further with Tannehill as the QB. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Curious what team will bite on Winston if he's walking. Chargers would suit him. 

How can the Chargers move into their shiny new stadium in LA with a QB the Bucs / Arians didn't even want ?
I think the market for Winston is gonna be pretty limited. He might have to wait until a starter gets banged up

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It doesn’t really work like that, though. Mahomes was the MVP last year, lost in the AFCCG, then won the SB this year. Brady’s best season was a SB loss. Manning’s most recent MVP season was a SB beat down. It’s not as simple as his best season was an AFCCG loss, therefore the Titans will never get further with Tannehill as the QB. 

Except you’re talking all time historically great QB’s. Of course those guys can get it done when they aren’t at their peak because even when they aren’t they’re still phenomenal. A non-peak Tannehill I think most would agree is average to maybe good depending on who you talk to. That’s not enough to get it done unless your defense is great and ours is not.

Chargers better not sign any FA, unless its Rivers. Which isnt happening. They are better off with Tyrod, who never turns the ball over. Put that on the Chargers and they are a playoff team.  If they draft anyone, it better be 1 qb and 1 qb only and it aint Tua, Burrow or Herbert. 

Chargers just need to resign all their guys in FA and not worry about any other FAs. Hardly do you see FA signings pan out. KC did last year. I think without Frank and Tyrann in the playoffs they dont win the chip. But most of the time, they dont pay those kind of dividends.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Except you’re talking all time historically great QB’s. Of course those guys can get it done when they aren’t at their peak because even when they aren’t they’re still phenomenal. A non-peak Tannehill I think most would agree is average to maybe good depending on who you talk to. That’s not enough to get it done unless your defense is great and ours is not.

The point is that any QB’s best single season performance is not necessarily tied to how far they are capable of getting in the postseason. If you want to throw out HoFers - Alex Smith made it to the NFCCG in SF, but that wasn’t his best season. Similar situation with McNair. So to say Tannehill at his best can only be an AFCCG loss, doesn’t really work. 

I don’t know if Tannehill will ever be his 2019 self again. He might regress to Dolphins-Ryan. But that doesn’t solidify the logic.

5 hours ago, TDTimes said:

Well, Winston stinks, so .....

Almost unfathomable that a team would want to bring back a QB who can toss 30 INT in the current NFL, where a 4:1 TD to INT ratio is almost commonplace 

Winston isn't a good QB, however the QBs available that can be relied upon to run a Bruce Arians scheme... they generally don't grow on trees. Bruce Arians loves his deep 30+ yard routes. There's a reason everyone says that Bruce Arians hates the Tight End position. Jameis isn't a good QB, but he's got the arm strength/arm talent to play that kind of offense, and he isn't the kind of guy to just add a bunch of easy checkdowns for a veteran QB. If you're playing for Bruce, you're going to sling the rock about 45 times a game, every game.

There's always the possibility that the Bucs do move on from Winston, but if they do that, it's because the Bucs are going to trade up to get the QB of their choosing in the draft - there isn't a FA QB available that's really equipped to run a Bruce Arians offense.

Edited by Hukos

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chargers better not sign any FA, unless its Rivers. Which isnt happening. They are better off with Tyrod, who never turns the ball over. Put that on the Chargers and they are a playoff team.  If they draft anyone, it better be 1 qb and 1 qb only and it aint Tua, Burrow or Herbert. 

Chargers just need to resign all their guys in FA and not worry about any other FAs. Hardly do you see FA signings pan out. KC did last year. I think without Frank and Tyrann in the playoffs they dont win the chip. But most of the time, they dont pay those kind of dividends.

I’d never thought I’d see the day that somebody would be happy with Tyrod as their QB. Well I guess that day has finally come. 

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’d never thought I’d see the day that somebody would be happy with Tyrod as their QB. Well I guess that day has finally come. 

Chargers are going to trade up with WAS or DET for Tua. They are moving into a new stadium and want the shiny new toy that will put butts in seats.

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Not happy.. content for 1 year and think with the roster the way it is.... meaning dont lose any skill players in free agency i think he can do well enough for the Chargers to make the playoffs. He would have superior talent to anything he has ever played with. 

Jordan Love or Trevor are the only 2 qbs i want for the future. No one else. Obviously if they take some other young guy and he pans out, ill be on board and homering the guy out for a decade.