Should Redskins Trade Kirk for Andy Dalton?

mar29020

Is Gruden the head coach? Are all of the various components of the team the responsibilities of the head coach? Have we lost every season opener under Gruden? Does the always seem to have a complete failure of one of the three phase of the game in each opener?

Since the answer to all of these questions is yes, at some point you have to look at the common factor.

That would be Gruden.

18 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol still we would of gotten picks or a pick and Romo was an upside if he  as healthy ! Romo retired tho so I can't speak otherwise .

Romo is possibly one sack away from never walking again. If you are going to go for that idiocy, save the money and start Limp Noodle McCoy.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Just turn the dang Wyoming-Oregon game on and watch our future QB go to work. 

So ... it's probably best I missed this game, huh? I don't think I can think of another college game where the quarterback had a higher yards per carry stat (8 carries for 25 yards, 3.1 YPC) than yards per attempt stat (9 of 24 for 64 yards, 2.7 YPA). Maybe one of the option teams a la Navy or Georgia Tech? I guess they're possible candidates, but their QBs generally aren't considered top draft prospects.

49 minutes ago, Woz said:

So ... it's probably best I missed this game, huh? I don't think I can think of another college game where the quarterback had a higher yards per carry stat (8 carries for 25 yards, 3.1 YPC) than yards per attempt stat (9 of 24 for 64 yards, 2.7 YPA). Maybe one of the option teams a la Navy or Georgia Tech? I guess they're possible candidates, but their QBs generally aren't considered top draft prospects.

He's basically the only good player on the team. He was putting the ball on the money and they were dropping everything. 

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

All seriousness tho let's wait half the season ...we are bashing Kirk who just came out of a probowl season and we must wait and see what will happen to Kirk .

Kirk is leaving. This isn't about bashing Kirk. He's gone after this season so we have to start looking at replacements. 

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He's basically the only good player on the team. He was putting the ball on the money and they were dropping everything. 

Wait, I thought the qb was supposed to make the players around him better,. Right? Allen may have talent but he seems pretty raw to me. He's going to be a project. I've never had the impression that you are patient with qb development.

I mean one of your biggest arguments against retaining Kirk for the last 3 years has been he doesn't make other around him better and I don't see Allen doing much of that. 

And I could have bet a million $ that the first time that Kirk had a bad game you'd come out and say the things you've been saying all week. You're like a cat waiting to pounce on the first sight of Kirk not having a 300 plus yard and 2 or 3 TD game with no ints.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kirk is leaving. This isn't about bashing Kirk. He's gone after this season so we have to start looking at replacements. 

Can we at least wait until November? I have no problem with scouting QBs as I'm checking them all out also. If you want to do that, make a thread about the draft or about QBs in the draft and we can focus all of our discussion there.

On September 15, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Dashing202 said:

Lol still we would of gotten picks or a pick and Romo was an upside if he  as healthy ! Romo retired tho so I can't speak otherwise .

Romo had no upside left in his career. He was a 36 year old qb with a bad back. And no way we're we giving up on a 29 year old 100% healthy QB who actually has more upside and just had two Romo like seasons back to back for a 36 year old qb with a bad back.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Romo had no upside left in his career. He was a 36 year old qb with a bad back. And no way we're we giving up on a 29 year old 100% healthy QB who actually has more upside and just had two Romo like seasons back to back for a 36 year old qb with a bad back.

Romo been injured 3 times since 2006 .. he showed during the eagles game that he easily still had a lot of juice left . He didn't sign with a team because well like you said his durability had issues but if we know Kirk isn't coming back than u where better off getting picks and starting Romo.

i was ok with Cutler to 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wait, I thought the qb was supposed to make the players around him better,. Right? Allen may have talent but he seems pretty raw to me. He's going to be a project. I've never had the impression that you are patient with qb development.

I mean one of your biggest arguments against retaining Kirk for the last 3 years has been he doesn't make other around him better and I don't see Allen doing much of that. 

And I could have bet a million $ that the first time that Kirk had a bad game you'd come out and say the things you've been saying all week. You're like a cat waiting to pounce on the first sight of Kirk not having a 300 plus yard and 2 or 3 TD game with no ints.

Rosen, Jackson and Allen were all bad yesterday. Darnold threw two picks in the game before his last one and just nearly lost to Texas. The only Power 5 QB who's a potential top pick that looked great yesterday was Mason Rudolph. Allen struggled quite a bit but I watched the game and if he wasn't immediately running for his life his receivers were dropping passes. Their offense also could barely get on the field because Oregon was just running it down their defenses thrown. 

The live arm is there, he was threading the needle and making NFL throws. He's not some slouch he just literally plays with absolutely no talent around him and they're busting his balls for making a bad throw after he hurt his arm because again, an Oregon player came clean and he had to step up in the pocket, another NFL skill he has down pat, and hit his arm as he was throwing. This is the same stupid crap they did to Carson Wentz when his hype started to grow.

Twitter is a cesspool of morons. The single reason I no longer have twitter is due to the amount of stupid people who don't know the sport at all trying to chime in. Allen had a rough day I'll give you that. That doesn't wipe out his good play because twitter thinks so though. 

Archived