Titans PFF Rankings

TitanLegend

Love them or hate them, PFF rankings are just something extra to evaluate and discuss. Figured I'd list how each notable player graded out and where that ranked them. Using a played at least 20% of the snaps(or targets in the case of say WRs) requirement.

Offense:

QB - Tannehill - 92.5 Overall grade, #1 of 39 QBs.

RB - Henry - 76.0 Overall grade, #14 of 61 RBs

WR - Brown - 84.0 Overall grade, #9 of 102 WRs

WR - Davis - 69.9 Overall grade, #51 of 102 WRs

WR - Humphries - 69.6 Overall grade, #54 of 102 WRs

TE - Smith - 71.6 Overall grade, #16 of 44 TEs

OT - Lewan - 73.4 Overall grade, #23 of 88 OTs(This is counting both LTs and RTs)

OT - Conklin - 78.3 Overall grade, #12 of 88 OTs(Again, of course, counting both LT and RT)

OG - Saffold - 70.6 Overall grade, #15 of 87 OGs(Both LG and RG)

OG - Davis - 41.2 Overall grade, #85 of 87 OGs

C - Jones - 77.2 Overall grade, #3 of 38 Cs

Defense:

DI(Def Interior) - Casey - 74.2 Overall grade, #26 of 124 DI

DI - Jones - 77.4 Overall grade, #17 of 124 DI

DI - Simmons - 70.4 Overall grade, #44 of 124 DI

ED(Edge) - Landry - 68.6 Overall grade, #46 of 120 ED

ED - Correa - 67.8 Overall grade, #51 of 120 ED

ED - Gilbert - 67.6 Overall grade, #52 of 120 ED

LB - Brown - 71.6 Overall grade, #17 of 99 LB

LB - Evans - 49.8 Overall grade, #80 of 99 LB

CB - Jackson - 76.3 Overall grade, #14 of 134 CBs

CB - Ryan - 64.9 Overall grade, #60 of 134 CBs

CB - Butler - 65.5 Overall grade, #56 of 134 CBs

S - Byard - 78.0 Overall grade, #15 of 101 S

S - Vaccarro - 63.9 Overall grade, #65 of 101 S

S - Hooker - 66.0 Overall grade, #55 of 101 S

Special Teams:

P - Kern - 90.3 Overall grade, #1 of 32 P

No kicker qualified, but Joseph so far has a 67.5 overall grade which places him 12th among 42 kickers, albeit that's only based on his XPs so far.

Davis is going to be a stud at RG for years to come;I can sense it. Davis just needs a offseason in the strength & conditioning programming & to refine his technique, one thing I luv about the kid is he gets to the 2nd level. Evans in my opinion needs to put on weight, he’s not a thumper you would hope in the run game & his zone coverage is horrible. So many times I witness him blowing assignments or getting turned around easily I’m coverage. 
Adoree what can I say, if he ever grasp route concepts & work on the lil things he’ll be a shutdown corner which we know 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Adoree what can I say, if he ever grasp route concepts & work on the lil things he’ll be a shutdown corner which we know 

Yeah Adoree's looking better and better but I can't help but imagine what could have been if we drafted the corner we should have drafted

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Davis is going to be a stud at RG for years to come;I can sense it. Davis just needs a offseason in the strength & conditioning programming & to refine his technique, one thing I luv about the kid is he gets to the 2nd level. Evans in my opinion needs to put on weight, he’s not a thumper you would hope in the run game & his zone coverage is horrible. So many times I witness him blowing assignments or getting turned around easily I’m coverage. 

To Davis' credit(as far as PFF is concerned anyway), he's coming off his best 3 game stretch of the season where he got better each game according to them.

JeXrWKU.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah Adoree's looking better and better but I can't help but imagine what could have been if we drafted the corner we should have drafted

Adoree actually has a (very slightly) higher PFF grade than White. Jackson's 76.3 to White's 75.6. PFF has them pretty much as the exact same quality of player in terms of coverage grade(Jackson at 75.3, White at 75.2), however the other grades go:

Run defense: Adoree 74.7/White 67.6

Tackling: Adoree 61.8/White 38.4

Pass rush: Adoree 52.1/White 71.4

Worth noting that PFF has Adoree at 4 pass rush snaps all season and White at just 6 so I dunno how much that really factors in to their overall grade.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Adoree actually has a (very slightly) higher PFF grade than White. Jackson's 76.3 to White's 75.6. PFF has them pretty much as the exact same quality of player in terms of coverage grade(Jackson at 75.3, White at 75.2), however the other grades go:

Run defense: Adoree 74.7/White 67.6

Tackling: Adoree 61.8/White 38.4

Pass rush: Adoree 52.1/White 71.4

Worth noting that PFF has Adoree at 4 pass rush snaps all season and White at just 6 so I dunno how much that really factors in to their overall grade.

Yeah I mean I'm definitely glad to see that considering I'm a Titans fan, but I take their grades with a grain of salt (Henry as their 14th ranked RB for example is asinine). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah I mean I'm definitely glad to see that considering I'm a Titans fan, but I take their grades with a grain of salt (Henry as their 14th ranked RB for example is asinine). 

White is clearly better than Adoree ion care what PFF says 😩 reason being he take chances & get picks as Rod Woodson once said as a corner you’re going to get beat especially if you’re a ball hawk 

I think Ben Jones has had his best year as a Titan by far. He doesn't have an elite grade or anything, they just don't have any centers with great grades. He's been really solid.

Henry is too low for me also, but PFF highly values the passing game, even for RBs. Everytime I've looked for his grade he's had a low pass-blocking grade and I'm sure his receiving grades aren't high. I still think he has been outstanding enough as a runner to have a higher grade. Especially when they have him with like 1200+ yards after contact on the season.

One thing worth noting about Jonnu Smith and his breakout year is that he is bad in pass protection. He's came a long way as a run-blocker, but still struggles heavily as a pass-blocker and his PFF grades usually show this.

I've been saying Conklin was a good RT all year and there was no chance we let him walk. 25 year old good player at a premium position. Makes no sense. Average pass-blocker and great run-blocker. 

Landry had a strong start to the year and has been no better than Correa as of late. He's been disappointing the last half of the year.

I thought DaQuon Jones had his best season as a pro and he's got a pretty strong grade. A few weeks ago when I looked he was #3 in the NFL in double-team percentage and still above average in his pass rush win rate.

I thought Evans was better as a rookie than he's been this year. I think he's a good player, but he seems to have stuggled the last half of the season, just as Landry has. Curious if he had a better PFF grade last year.

Nate Davis isn't much of a surprise. He was really bad his first few games. I would say he's been solid the last 6 weeks, whereas PFF only thinks the last 3 weeks were okay. I think he's a long term starter, but next year will tell.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think Ben Jones has had his best year as a Titan by far. He doesn't have an elite grade or anything, they just don't have any centers with great grades. He's been really solid.

Henry is too low for me also, but PFF highly values the passing game, even for RBs. Everytime I've looked for his grade he's had a low pass-blocking grade and I'm sure his receiving grades aren't high. I still think he has been outstanding enough as a runner to have a higher grade. Especially when they have him with like 1200+ yards after contact on the season.

One thing worth noting about Jonnu Smith and his breakout year is that he is bad in pass protection. He's came a long way as a run-blocker, but still struggles heavily as a pass-blocker and his PFF grades usually show this.

I've been saying Conklin was a good RT all year and there was no chance we let him walk. 25 year old good player at a premium position. Makes no sense. Average pass-blocker and great run-blocker. 

Landry had a strong start to the year and has been no better than Correa as of late. He's been disappointing the last half of the year.

I thought DaQuon Jones had his best season as a pro and he's got a pretty strong grade. A few weeks ago when I looked he was #3 in the NFL in double-team percentage and still above average in his pass rush win rate.

I thought Evans was better as a rookie than he's been this year. I think he's a good player, but he seems to have stuggled the last half of the season, just as Landry has. Curious if he had a better PFF grade last year.

Nate Davis isn't much of a surprise. He was really bad his first few games. I would say he's been solid the last 6 weeks, whereas PFF only thinks the last 3 weeks were okay. I think he's a long term starter, but next year will tell.

I don’t see it in DaQuon yes he eats up blockers but I don’t see him get TFL or push the pocket though he’s very solid in the run game, but I agree with you on Evans he’s not looking as promised as he did his rookie year, he constantly blows assignment in coverage & misses so many tackles he think he needs to put on some weight cause he’s too light playing inside.