2020 equals new Uniforms

hornbybrown

Also here are 2 things we do know that Haslem said. 1) They have a 'nothing fancy' mindset and 2) There will be no new colors added.

To me, this means one of two things. Either they are just going back to the old uniforms from 2005-2015 or they are designing something similar to the color rush uniforms that are very clean and subtle because fans loved them. The color rush uniforms are nothing fancy, have the same colors, but they are different than either of the previous 2 uniforms the Browns have had.

My question is (and I posed this before). Why dont the Browns come up with 4 different options and let the fans decide in a poll on their website? If I remember correctly this is what the Cavs did when they rebranded in 2003 when LBJ got drafted. They put a poll up on their site with different color combonations and let the fans vote on what they wanted. The Buckeyes did this last year for their basketball program where they were trying to pick what design on the court to use. They let the student body pick from a poll of 6 options on social media

If the fans are responsible for the jersey sales and this is all about what the fans want the unis to look like--why not give them 4 rough sketches from Nike and have them vote on what they want to see.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

I thought I wanted unique and fancy uniforms until I saw them. Major disappointment.

Hopefully we opt for a much simpler look.

Brown on Orange (1970's)
Orange on White (Early 2000's ALT)
Brown on Brown (Color Rush 2018)
Pure White on Pure White (Penn State Plain)

That's what I'd like to see us rotate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought I wanted unique and fancy uniforms until I saw them. Major disappointment.

Hopefully we opt for a much simpler look.

Brown on Orange (1970's)
Orange on White (Early 2000's ALT)
Brown on Brown (Color Rush 2018)
Pure White on Pure White (Penn State Plain)

That's what I'd like to see us rotate.

Copying early Atlanta would be sickkkkkkkk

or like that old thanksgiving day Lions grey jersey

just simple and cleann

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:03 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m sure the Haslam’s will knock this decision out of the park.

How could they not?

Yep, they'll hire a commission headed by Louis Vuitton and Calvin Klein, then on the way to the unveiling take the word of a fired janitor that worked at Old Navy's advice and run with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Problem is that they tried to do that with the current uniforms and go for a extreme shake up and thats how we got into this uniform mess. While I 100% agree that the old throwback uniforms are stale, boring and out of touch with the year 2020--I think there is a way to make them look good and modern without going over the top.

The biggest issue is the colorway. Brown is just a extremely hard color to make look good on any uniform. A small tweak they could make is to have Brown be the accent 3rd color and go much heavier with white/orange as the 2 primary colors with Brown only being used for accent striping. Bowling Green has a few alternate uniforms that do this and I think its the best looking ones they have.

Brown is just such a hard color to make look good in a uniform you almost have to hide it or make it minimally used. Outside of the Padres throwbacks I cant think of another pro sports team that has brown as a main color and thats probably for a reason.

4bbb24469db612d0babeedd0bbc75d60--cardin

BGSU (my undergrad alma mater) is exactly what I was thinking of when making my post. I hope we go with this style and a fair number of options/alternatives.

• Like 1

Love me some uniform talk. Seriously, I could talk about uniform designs and concepts all day.

I have 2 options that I would want:

1) Bring back the jerseys we had before these with Kardiac Kids-style orange pants. This would be good if we want to go old school.

2) Design a set based on the color rush. The helmet stays the same except the white stripe on top is made orange (now the striping is brown-orange-brown) The home jersey would be the current color rush. The away jersey would be our old away jersey. Our alt jersey is a color-swapped color rush (orange jersey, brown #'s and stripes). Our pants are the color rush pants (brown with orange-brown-orange stripes), a color-swapped color rush  (orange with brown-orange-brown stripes: like the helmet) and white (with brown-orange-brown stripes). All jerseys and pants are interchangeable. I actually made a mock up of this but I'm at work and can't post it. Maybe I will later.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also, when is the timetable for this do you think? After the draft? I can't remember when they revealed the uniforms the last time. I feel like it was June-ish.

Great memories of Dwayne Bowe showing off his cool new digs.

From what I heard it'll be before the draft. Probably sometime during March-April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Keep it simple.

Don’t care for the Oregon Ducks crap. I prefer my Penn State and Alabama unis.

I respect your opinion but I have no idea how anybody looks at Alabama/Penn St. or any other ultra traditional uniforms and likes them. To me they literally look like practice uniforms or uniforms that the designer forgot to finish making lol

I think there is a way to blend a traditional look with a modern touch and not have uniforms that look like we are trying to always look in the past to 1960.

Also, with how the fans reacted (positively) to the color rush uniforms--I would bet they are using those as some sort of template with the redesign. Remember the Browns asked the league if they could play in those color rush uniforms 4+ times because the fans liked them so much and thats riiiiiight around the time we started hearing design concepts leaked of 'nothing fancy' and 'no new colors'

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We could be the XFL version of the neon Seahawks and I wouldn’t give two nickels as long as we start winning football games.

Yep. They can wear orange and brown speedos and I’d be good if they win. 

No homo

Edited by Bonanza23
We allowed to say that in this hyper sensitive world?