Ron Rivera is Our New Coach

Ghostnote

Like it a lot not sure I love it

-Well Respected
-Discipline From what little research I do Panther been good penalties wise
-Defensive minded

Not sure I like keeping O'Connell nothing against him but prefer new Coach bringing in his guys to avoid split down the road.I worry if we do good and someone comes after O'Connell is Dan going to let him walk or fire Rivera like Giants did for Mcadoo and throw the whole team into disarray

21 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Don't know how I feel about this yet.  Honestly Ron Rivera never impressed me as someone elite.  

I agree - that oh so stoic sideline expression only goes so far , but what are/ were the alternatives ? Other teams are going young O C as head coach ( several from our team ) and we go old school defense with and old coach , age 57 I think .

27 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Don't know how I feel about this yet.  Honestly Ron Rivera never impressed me as someone elite.  

I agree, but what makes you think the Redskins can get an “elite” coach at this juncture. They’ve been one of the NFL’s bottom feeders and a laughing stock of an organization. Need to be realistic here.

I think he is the right guy for the job at this time. The organization needs a culture change before anything happens on the field. 

• Like 3

I’m loving it! It’s been two good days! No more Bruce Allen and a proven coach.

Ron is a disciplined coach, defensive, where we sucked for years and a culture changer.

With all the draft capital invested on the defensive side, it should be better.

I would prefer to keep O’Connel and Bill Callahan. Both have been good coaches in my opinion. 

The season of hope has started great (that’s the only season we can win since Snyder is the owner)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I agree, but what makes you think the Redskins can get an “elite” coach at this juncture. They’ve been one of the NFL’s bottom feeders and a laughing stock of an organization. Need to be realistic here.

I think he is the right guy for the job at this time. The organization needs a culture change before anything happens on the field. 

True, with the clown show Synder has here I guess we are lucky to at least get someone that has had success and is serious.  I will reserve judgment when I see who his DC will be, because I think under the clown we had this D has performed 70% of capabilities at best.

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

True, with the clown show Synder has here I guess we are lucky to at least get someone that has had success and is serious.  I will reserve judgment when I see who his DC will be, because I think under the clown we had this D has performed 70% of capabilities at best.

They rumor has been Steve Wilks for D C .

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

They rumor has been Steve Wilks for D C .

yea and I would be very much down with this.  Lets see if it happens.  Rivera and Wilks will get the most of our guys and if we land Chase I can see us having close to elite front 7, probably the best in football next year.