Ron Rivera is Our New Coach

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, luckily for us, there seems to be a lot of depth at FS in this free agent class.  I'm betting we end up with Tre Boston.  He should be cheaper than some of the other options and he knows Rivera well. 

Yeah, probably bc of Rivera's familiarity with him but now that Brice Allen is gone I'm not sold that were going to go for the cheapest option if the talent is comparabl, Dan doesn't mind spending, it was Brice who was cheap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think he was starting to slow down!!!! I don’t think he wanted to Urlacher it. But man I’d love that guy at Backer!!!! I love Chase Young!!!!! That’s my pick. But Simmons is gonna be that dude from this class. He reminds me so much of Sean just the way Clemson used him this year that guys a boss

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, ripsean21 said:

I think he was starting to slow down!!!! I don’t think he wanted to Urlacher it. But man I’d love that guy at Backer!!!! I love Chase Young!!!!! That’s my pick. But Simmons is gonna be that dude from this class. He reminds me so much of Sean just the way Clemson used him this year that guys a boss

Player coach role like the Celtics did with Russell and Cowans would be cool to watch 

he reminds me of Vrabel and will be a winning head coach in short order if he wants it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I assume and would have no issue it is over the moon in order to secure one of the top coaches.  But I am curious, do we know how much Rivera's contract is? 

I haven't seen or heard it reported. I just know it's a 5 year deal.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

I assume and would have no issue it is over the moon in order to secure one of the top coaches.  But I am curious, do we know how much Rivera's contract is? 

No one has dug that up yet, at least according to my search on the Google Machine.  However, I did find this about Matt Rhule's salary with Carolina- https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carolinas-matt-rhule-is-now-the-sixth-highest-paid-coach-in-the-nfl-here-are-the-five-coaches-ahead-of-him/

One would have to assume that Rivera is somewhere in that top 10.  He would've been foolish not to extort Snyder for that kind of money, especially given the volatile history of Redskins coaches under his ownership.  Given my thoughts on Rivera though, which are well documented and I won't go into, a top 10 salary is an overpay.  Not a huge one, but an overpay nonetheless.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No one has dug that up yet, at least according to my search on the Google Machine.  However, I did find this about Matt Rhule's salary with Carolina- https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carolinas-matt-rhule-is-now-the-sixth-highest-paid-coach-in-the-nfl-here-are-the-five-coaches-ahead-of-him/

One would have to assume that Rivera is somewhere in that top 10.  He would've been foolish not to extort Snyder for that kind of money, especially given the volatile history of Redskins coaches under his ownership.  Given my thoughts on Rivera though, which are well documented and I won't go into, a top 10 salary is an overpay.  Not a huge one, but an overpay nonetheless.  

Yeah, I agree, got to think top 10.  Well Snyder has never been shy with his checkbook.  Shanahan made 7M/year.