Ron Rivera is Our New Coach

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I think at the moment the only one out of those 3 that are safe for surr is O'Connell, but like you I wouldn't mind bringing all 3 back if they agree.

I like Callahan, can’t credit him enough for turning around Flowers, and developing Moses and Roullier, but the penalties need to come down. Holdings and false starts kill too many drives. Wouldn’t mind him back but I’d be fine if he’s gone. Rare to keep an interim HC on the staff

• Like 2

I'm liking what you guys are doing. Rivera isn't a sexy hire but he's the tough as nails kind of guy a dwindling franchise like yours and ours needs. I was high on him for the Giants. And if you add Del Rio..give him the Predator to work with. Could be a recipe for some much better times for you guys. I'm kinda jealous right now lol :$

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I like Callahan, can’t credit him enough for turning around Flowers, and developing Moses and Roullier, but the penalties need to come down. Holdings and false starts kill too many drives. Wouldn’t mind him back but I’d be fine if he’s gone. Rare to keep an interim HC on the staff

I Didn't think about the penalties. That for sure would have to improve. 

Just now, Shockey1979 said:

I'm liking what you guys are doing. Rivera isn't a sexy hire but he's the tough as nails kind of guy a dwindling franchise like yours and ours needs. I was high on him for the Giants. And if you add Del Rio..give him the Predator to work with. Could be a recipe for some much better times for you guys. I'm kinda jealous right now lol :$

Rivera is exactly what that entire building needs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I think Rivera is going to stick with O'Connel as the OC, but don't be surprised to see Jack Del Rio as the DC. This could spurn the switch to the 4-3. 

Spurn= reject . I thought I'd read JDR was a 4-3 guy. I'm confused .

Some info on JDR

In 10 seasons, his defenses have ranked in the top 10 in yards allowed five times, and have ranked in the top 10 in scoring average six times.

- In 5/10 seasons, his defenses have allowed an average of less than 20 PPG , with his defenses allowing under 20.7 PPG seven times.

- Overall his defenses against the run have played extremely well allowing less than a 105 YPG six times and under 100 YPG three times. Three times his defenses have allowed over 110 YPG rushing, which the Broncoshave done every season for the last six years (more on that later).

- If we use 200 YPG Passing as our benchmark, his defenses have allowed over that mark six times, and under that mark four times. Only 3 times in his coaching career have his defenses allowed over a 213 YPG passing average.

-In his last year as HC, his defense ranked 6th in total yards allowed and 10th in points allowed. This defense was on the field quite a bit folks, defensively his team had a fantastic year.

I THINK THIS DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE NASTY!

Edited by ARTMONK HOF