Jump to content
Ozzy

2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 2/3/20

Recommended Posts

Browns signed J.C. Tretter center to an extension.  Our biggest needs are both off. tackles which you didn't even address. Than safety , def. line ,right guard and tight end. Line backer if we don't resign Schobert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lamar Miller and Carlos Hyde are free agents in 2020.  Assuming they are not signed, then RB is a massive need and arguably the biggest on the roster.   Sure Duke Johnson is ok but I would want another back outside of just him.

 

I will make the correction with the Houston 4th rounder still being their pick, thanks.

It's just hard to prioritize running backs in this day and age, especially with such limited draft capital over the next two seasons (thanks O'Brien!) And the biggest need by far is the secondary, it's absolute garbage. I'd just be happy with the top-rated DB on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

For the Bengals.....

Burrow is a lock for the op spot.


I'm not sold at all on Austin Jackson at 33.  I understand OT, but would take Becton, then Leatherwood over him.  And that's just the OT choices.  With Murray sitting there, I don't see how we wouldn't grab him.  If Murray was gone, I could see Malik Harrison there as well.  Darkhorse candidate could be Justin Jefferson.  Having Green on one side with Jefferson on the other and Boyd in the slot would look great to start the season.



I just don't get Jaylon Johnson at this point at all.  We have solid CBs, but they all were hurt at the end of the season, which also gave Phillips some much needed reps.  Granted it was a somewhat lethargic Browns team,, but he did have 2 INTs in the last game of the season.  I could see Devonta Smith Alabama here if we didn't go WR in the second.  The other obvious position would be LB?OT, whichever they didn't get in the second.  

 

I really like the Michael Divinity pick, even if we went LB earlier.  Pratt seems to be developing in the middle, so getting two OLBs would be ideal moving forward.  I would probably start drooling if e landed Murray and Davinity to flank Pratt for the next 4 years, and hopefully more.  Dye would also n=be in play, as would WRs.  At this point, I could also see making a move for a safety like JR Reed, who is still available at this point.

WJ3 has really underachieved lately and Dre is likely to be gone.  A day 2 CB would not surprise me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry but zero percent chance Lions take Simmons that high or a QB in rd 2. The #3 pick will be Young, Brown, Or Thomas if they stay there at 3. They will trade back with a QB needy team like LAC or MIA before they take Simmons at 3.

Edited by BZski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For LAC I like the first round pick. Tackle is one of our largest needs (and has been for many years).

I think with the second round pick, they would be better off packaging it with a future pick to jump back into the first round late to take Love so they have the 5th year option. I get the need for TE but I think they bring Henry back then sign another vet for depth. To me TE is more of a luxury pick, we have too many needs to take one this early. Trading up to get a solid QB prospect to take over is vastly more important especially to get that 5th year option.

For the 3rd round I'd prefer Denzel Mims, the drop off in talent behind Allen and Williams is immense so I think a good WR with some speed (like Tyrell Williams previous roll) would be ideal. Chargers went like 5-6 weeks without a catch from a WR not named Allen or Williams... I also think RB isn't a position they attack until very late or possibly bring in a FA bruiser for short yardage.

Fourth round pick I'd go Arnette. CB is a position of need similar to WR. Casey Hayward is awesome but aging, behind him we don't have enough talent on the outside. I see CB being a pretty big priority this offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Browns signed J.C. Tretter center to an extension.  Our biggest needs are both off. tackles which you didn't even address. Than safety , def. line ,right guard and tight end. Line backer if we don't resign Schobert.

I did not know that, guess OT would make more sense and I agree OT for them is probably the biggest need on the OL.  And looking at the board again Willis might be a better option there potentially I suppose.  Guess could switch the Bucs and Browns, Bucs taking Biadasz and moving Jensen to guard or Biadasz to guard.

 

9 hours ago, BZski said:

Sorry but zero percent chance Lions take Simmons that high or a QB in rd 2. The #3 pick will be Young, Brown, Or Thomas if they stay there at 3. They will trade back with a QB needy team like LAC or MIA before they take Simmons at 3.

People need to really realize how amazing Isaiah Simmons is as an athlete, the guy is amazing.  Thomas makes a lot of sense at OT or better yet Wirfs but don't they have most of the OL locked up for awhile in terms of contracts?  Sure LB for them is ok with Davis but he gets injured a ton, Jones is ok, Tavai, Kennard, and Reeves-Maybin.  But Simmons would help in coverage a ton and could possibly even be a safety type or third safety kind of a hybrid player.  Lions will never ever get Chase Young, that is a fact unless they trade up, no way Washington does not take him.

 

7 hours ago, Zappaz said:

For LAC I like the first round pick. Tackle is one of our largest needs (and has been for many years).

I think with the second round pick, they would be better off packaging it with a future pick to jump back into the first round late to take Love so they have the 5th year option. I get the need for TE but I think they bring Henry back then sign another vet for depth. To me TE is more of a luxury pick, we have too many needs to take one this early. Trading up to get a solid QB prospect to take over is vastly more important especially to get that 5th year option.

For the 3rd round I'd prefer Denzel Mims, the drop off in talent behind Allen and Williams is immense so I think a good WR with some speed (like Tyrell Williams previous roll) would be ideal. Chargers went like 5-6 weeks without a catch from a WR not named Allen or Williams... I also think RB isn't a position they attack until very late or possibly bring in a FA bruiser for short yardage.

Fourth round pick I'd go Arnette. CB is a position of need similar to WR. Casey Hayward is awesome but aging, behind him we don't have enough talent on the outside. I see CB being a pretty big priority this offseason.

I guess they could get Niang late 2nd round but most of the good OTs will be gone by then most likely by then.  

 

 

13 hours ago, Longhorns90 said:

It's just hard to prioritize running backs in this day and age, especially with such limited draft capital over the next two seasons (thanks O'Brien!) And the biggest need by far is the secondary, it's absolute garbage. I'd just be happy with the top-rated DB on the board.

I still think RB is a play there but maybe DB will see.  Zach Moss might be more a 3rd or 4th round pick now that I look at it, had a rough game last night but the blocking on Utah was awful so hard for him to do anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I guess they could get Niang late 2nd round but most of the good OTs will be gone by then most likely by then.  

Yeah that's why I like your pick of Thomas at 6. So it would be something like...

 

1st rnd 6. Thomas OT Georgia

1st rnd 32. Love QB Utah St (trade up 5 spots w/ Ravens, 2020 2nd + future pick)

3rd rnd 71. Mims WR Baylor

4th rnd 103 Arnette CB OSU

 

I think that fills out top needs. From there we can go more line help, TE depth, LB, bruiser RB late or something along those lines. 

Edited by Zappaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

10. Cleveland  - Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin RS JR C

41. Cleveland  - Xavier McKinney Alabama JR S

74. Cleveland - Gabriel Davis UCF JR WR

89. Cleveland (From Houston)  - Bravvion Roy Baylor SR DT

106. Cleveland - Troy Dye Oregon SR LB

Ozzy - I will never put anyone under the bus for doing these mocks. They take a lot of effort and a lot of thought. So well done for taking on that challenge.

But I do think you Browns picks were a big swing and a miss. If you watched many Browns games last year, the biggest problem was poor offensive line play - particularly from the outside in. LT Greg Robinson was inconsistent at best, but a number of times, left the team in a very bad spot due to mental errors and penalties. RT Chris Hubbard was just terribad.

Tyler Biadasz is a hell of a center, but as @cattleman78 mentioned we just locked up JC Tretter. He was far from the biggest problem on the line. Wirfs and Thomas are gone already (drat!), but Wills and Leatherwood from Alabama are still there, Iowa's Alaric Jackson are there, Austin Jackson of USC is there, and finally Mekhi Becton of Louisville is avalable. All are off the board by the Browns 2nd round pick.

They miss out in your mock an opportunity to significantly upgrade a weak area of the team.

Edited by brooks1957

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indifferent about the Bears picks. Allen Robinson/Anthony Miller have potential to be one of the better young WR duos in the league. Although the offense just needs as many playmakers as possible and Shenault is good value there. 
Desperately need a TE though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Indifferent about the Bears picks. Allen Robinson/Anthony Miller have potential to be one of the better young WR duos in the league. Although the offense just needs as many playmakers as possible and Shenault is good value there. 
Desperately need a TE though 

I agree they need a TE big time but Shaheen has potential just does not stay healthy at all, JP Holtz has some upside long term also.  Really they need to change that offense back to more ground and pound but doubt that happens with their HC.  The defense would greatly benefit from a more ball control offense that runs it more and honestly it is an insult how bad that team was with so many great defensive players.

Crazy disappointing season but the year before was obviously a little too good, take away those big plays, TDs on D and turnovers and things look a lot different.  Lead the NFL last year in total takeaways and this year are under the bottom half of the league. 

Shenault is not a huge need but they got to get some weapons out there, nickle corner could be a good pickup as well.  

 

They will have some big choices to make, Ha Ha is a free agent and more importantly Kwiatkoski and Trevathan doubt they sign both.  Then they have Nick Wililams and Robertson-Harris so they could have some big needs potentially.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You usually hit it out of the park for Miami but.... Seems and sounds like Tua is going back to Bama. If that's the case they should run that Okudah card up. Adams with a pick that high is something that a team in contention would do, I don't think Miami is in position to make that kind of pick. I also think that Miami would prefer Swift or Dobbins before Harris. 

Hall isn't the best in man but he's a playmaker so that's a good pick. I'm not sure why Miami would target a DT in the 2nd considering they have two young solid DTs already on their roster. Uche is a perfect scheme fit; his height may be an issue. Miami doesn't have a 4th round pick.

If the board falls that way:

1a. Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State JR CB

1b. K'Lavon Chaisson LSU RS SOPH OLB

1c. Jordan Love Utah State RS JR QB

2a. Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH S

2b. John Simpson Clemson SR OG

3. Lucas Niang TCU SR OT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29. Kansas City  - Travis Etienne Clemson JR RB
61. Kansas City  - Jonathan Garvin Miami FL JR DE
93. Kansas City - Shaquille Quarterman Miami FL SR ILB
125. Kansas City - Greg Eiland Miss State RS JR OT 

 Etienne is a reach. Fulton is there and CB is never deep enough.
Garvin is a good fit. The Chiefs like the long, lean sort that can play inside if needed. That said, half a round early at least. 
Quarterman is fantastic value, but he won't last this long. Switch rounds two and three and it makes more sense. 
Eiland is the right position, but a late rounder. 

Not great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about a draft having us not addressing the OL in our first three picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×