2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

5 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

For Minnesota I would have preferred DT and OL with the two firsts (although WR and CB certainly make sense), but getting Prince and Lemieux addresses OL well.

I would as well but all the quality OG are not really worth a 1st rounder, and the DTs could be no doubt but the top CBs would be gone.  I would love Prince but sadly he might be gone 2nd round as well.  I think they should trade back into the 2nd with one of those 1st round picks for a team in want of the QB that drops.  Then they could get a solid OG like Jonah Jackson and not over pay for him as a 1st rounder.  

5 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Just wanted to say that there is literally no way Trey Adams is going that high, specifically the top pick of the 3rd round. Adams tested absolutely miserably after a rather average season. 

The kid might not even get drafted at this point.

Lucky for you I have the Titans getting him now based on team needs.  I do not think as poorly of him as you do, sure he did not look great at the combine, neither did Orlando Brown Jr but he career is clearly not over because of it.  I thought Adams would look a little better than he did sure, but he was healthy this past season and has great length and is a fine pass protector with a ton of starting experience.  I think a team will take a chance on him no doubt in the 3rd or 4th round.  For a big dude he is skilled and has been for a long time.

He was 1st team All Pac-12 as a SR and a SOPH, and played well even as a true freshman so outside of the injury history the dude is freaking solid and has performed at a high level for a long time.  

On 12/31/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ozzy said:

30. Green Bay  - Justin Herbert Oregon SR QB

Don't imagine the Packers being in the market for a QB for at least a year or two, even if value is good.  If they don't go QB, Patrick Queen or a WR are a possibility here.

62. Green Bay  - Brandon Aiyuk Arizona State SR WR

Solid pick here.

94. Green Bay - Josiah Scott Michigan State JR CB

Nope.  Jaylon Johnson or Ezra Cleveland are probably more likely picks.  I think Jaylon Johnson grades out better, and Ezra fits the type of athletes that Gute likes.  Maybe Tyler Johnson if they want to double-dip at WR.

136. Green Bay - Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS SR OG

Meh.  Pick your OL of choice here or they could grab a TE here.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Don't imagine the Packers being in the market for a QB for at least a year or two, even if value is good.  If they don't go QB, Patrick Queen or a WR are a possibility here.

Solid pick here.

Nope.  Jaylon Johnson or Ezra Cleveland are probably more likely picks.  I think Jaylon Johnson grades out better, and Ezra fits the type of athletes that Gute likes.  Maybe Tyler Johnson if they want to double-dip at WR.

Meh.  Pick your OL of choice here or they could grab a TE here.

It is a tough call, if he is sitting there which he easily could be I think they would have a hard time passing on him being the next guy after Aaron in 3 years.  Rodgers does not seem like the type who will play with injuries, one more big injury for him and he is out I think, especially with how he look last year.

ILB would be hard to pass on for them with Martinez out, but I think Joe Bachie might be better for them later in the draft, that or Shaquille Quarterman or better yet Chris Orr.  I do need to edit this again after the Martinez signing recently no doubt.  

On 12/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

*141. Miami - Devin Duvernay Texas SR WR

Top 3 rounds of the draft looks acceptable. But, honestly - No. Wide. Outs.
We already have SOLID depth on our roster for WOs! Oddly one of the deepest parts of the team.

We need to dig for all the line help we can get.... So, for me, this is a better pick.
143. Baltimore - Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS SR OG

--------------------------------------------

Some little potential nitpicks/druthers? Just conversation and ideas. 
And NOT that your selections were bad, just potential better options? Again, convo/ideas to discuss....

153. Miami - Trajan Bandy Miami FL JR CB
154. Miami (From Pittsburgh/Jacksonville) - Nick Coe Auburn RS JR DE
173. Miami (From Baltimore) - Nevelle Clarke UCF RS SR CB/S

I actually like all of this, buuuuuut.. Maybe (or could) consider sacrificing Bandy or Coe for.....

....(potential) continuation of OL hunting:
159. Raiders -  Calvin Throckmorton Oregon SR OG/OT - probably the better option, based on versatility. 
163. Chicago -Michael Onwenu Michigan SR OG

If we took a chance, with the hopes of re-grabbing Bandy or Coe instead of Clarke at the bottom of the round. 
Like a QB, we need to keep working on drafting them until we find the right one(s).

185. Miami - Tyler Bass Georgia Southern RS SR K

I'm not opposed to bringing in someone to challenge and i'm OK with this, but think he can be had in R7. So maybe get more depth with Pinckney?
Good for not only for game day rotation, but also ST.

206. Jacksonville (From Seattle) - Michael Pinckney Miami FL SR OLB

Thoughts? Feedback on my responses R4-7? Thank you and overall good job, man! Better than most that I've seen! :)

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Lucky for you I have the Titans getting him now based on team needs.  I do not think as poorly of him as you do, sure he did not look great at the combine, neither did Orlando Brown Jr but he career is clearly not over because of it.  I thought Adams would look a little better than he did sure, but he was healthy this past season and has great length and is a fine pass protector with a ton of starting experience.  I think a team will take a chance on him no doubt in the 3rd or 4th round.  For a big dude he is skilled and has been for a long time.

He was 1st team All Pac-12 as a SR and a SOPH, and played well even as a true freshman so outside of the injury history the dude is freaking solid and has performed at a high level for a long time.  

Would you want to do a bet on Trey Adams going top 100? I am not trying to be a jerk as most people when they say that, I just honestly see 0.1% chance he goes top 100. I believe you're vastly overrating his on-field play last year and hyping accolades that have no basis on actual projection while vastly underrating just how bad his Combine was. Comparing him to Orlando Brown - who is 30 lbs. heavier, didn't have major injury concerns, and despite being lighter, Adams had a worse vertical than Orlando an identical 10-yard split - is grasping at straws in a major way IMO.

If you want to make a wager then you can PM me. You can set the financial mark since I am open to basically anything because I just completely do not see this happening.

Edited by Da_Ducktator

9 hours ago, Shashiaj70 said:

Top 3 rounds of the draft looks acceptable. But, honestly - No. Wide. Outs.
We already have SOLID depth on our roster for WOs! Oddly one of the deepest parts of the team.

We need to dig for all the line help we can get.... So, for me, this is a better pick.
143. Baltimore - Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS SR OG

--------------------------------------------

Some little potential nitpicks/druthers? Just conversation and ideas. 
And NOT that your selections were bad, just potential better options? Again, convo/ideas to discuss....

I actually like all of this, buuuuuut.. Maybe (or could) consider sacrificing Bandy or Coe for.....

....(potential) continuation of OL hunting:
159. Raiders -  Calvin Throckmorton Oregon SR OG/OT - probably the better option, based on versatility. 
163. Chicago -Michael Onwenu Michigan SR OG

If we took a chance, with the hopes of re-grabbing Bandy or Coe instead of Clarke at the bottom of the round. 
Like a QB, we need to keep working on drafting them until we find the right one(s).

I'm not opposed to bringing in someone to challenge and i'm OK with this, but think he can be had in R7. So maybe get more depth with Pinckney?
Good for not only for game day rotation, but also ST.

206. Jacksonville (From Seattle) - Michael Pinckney Miami FL SR OLB

Thoughts? Feedback on my responses R4-7? Thank you and overall good job, man! Better than most that I've seen! :)

I have changed it since you have seen it, not sure when you have seen it last but before I read this I have them now getting 3 OL in the top 40 picks of the draft.  Center and two tackles so if that goes down no need to address it later on.  And sure WR is not a huge need but never have too much speed and Duvernay has that.  Also RB is not a huge need since they signed Howard but would be nice and why not, they got to pick someone with all those picks unless they trade up but I do not see that happening often because they already have three 1st round picks.  Only way they trade is if Tua is gone by then because Washington wants Miami to give them picks to get him.  

The Dolphins have made some great signings with Byron Jones at CB, the two Patriot Linebackers, OG help, edge help with Lawson and Ogbah.  They have done very well and should do quite well at the draft also.  

8 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Would you want to do a bet on Trey Adams going top 100? I am not trying to be a jerk as most people when they say that, I just honestly see 0.1% chance he goes top 100. I believe you're vastly overrating his on-field play last year and hyping accolades that have no basis on actual projection while vastly underrating just how bad his Combine was. Comparing him to Orlando Brown - who is 30 lbs. heavier, didn't have major injury concerns, and despite being lighter, Adams had a worse vertical than Orlando an identical 10-yard split - is grasping at straws in a major way IMO.

If you want to make a wager then you can PM me. You can set the financial mark since I am open to basically anything because I just completely do not see this happening.

I am not in the mood to be betting money on draft pick selections in a time like this honestly.  You think he will not be drafted, I think he will and believe he could become a decent pro.  If anything he will be a wanted OT in this draft 3rd or 4th round I think with his size and length.  Will see who closer to being correct I suppose.  Who are all these other OTs who are far better than he is in this draft who are more accomplished in college and have played at a high level for over 5 years.  Maybe the injuries made him lose a little bit but not sure I saw that this past season completely.  

Hey MN fan here. I can see how that first round would be easy to slap Justin Jefferson in there for the first round 22. But I hate the pick. We would want people more in the trenches and we are a run first team as much as it sucks. we don't want to over spend on a receiver. We're a take 4 in the late rounds and see which blossom type team.

1 minute ago, HeydudemanG said:

Hey MN fan here. I can see how that first round would be easy to slap Justin Jefferson in there for the first round 22. But I hate the pick. We would want people more in the trenches and we are a run first team as much as it sucks. we don't want to over spend on a receiver. We're a take 4 in the late rounds and see which blossom type team.

I think it is a massive need no question about it.  And apparently they have a lot of faith in Samia at OG so maybe he is a future starter there, but I agree get some OG or DL talent but did just sign Pierce so that helps at DT.  DE talent depends on if Griffen is back or not.  Justin Jefferson is one of the best receivers in the draft and would be a good fit and is a solid route runner who could play a variety of different WR positions.

The OG talent in the draft is more 2nd round type guys.  Hopefully they trade back to the 2nd with one of the 1st rounders, I would not mind that and get a CB 1st round and address the OL and DL 2nd round with more value and not so expensive.  

If they play a lot of two WR like they did last year they need a legit 2nd receiver and not sure Bisi is that guy or Chad Beebe so WR is a massive need.  And Reagor I have them getting for more the deep threat and his special teams return ability which is also a need, Mike Hughes should not be back there doing that if he is the starting CB potentially.  And you really think taking 4 receivers in the later rounds is a good idea at all?  I would rather spread things around, part of me thought 2 was a bit much but 4 would be nuts I think.  

Pretty good one for the Titans overall, but CB is probably the big need.  Pride that late is a great value, and I'd roll with that, but I think I'm higher on him than most.

DT is now a pretty big need with Jurrell Casey gone.  But that could change by the end of free agency.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I think it is a massive need no question about it.  And apparently they have a lot of faith in Samia at OG so maybe he is a future starter there, but I agree get some OG or DL talent but did just sign Pierce so that helps at DT.  DE talent depends on if Griffen is back or not.  Justin Jefferson is one of the best receivers in the draft and would be a good fit and is a solid route runner who could play a variety of different WR positions.

The OG talent in the draft is more 2nd round type guys.  Hopefully they trade back to the 2nd with one of the 1st rounders, I would not mind that and get a CB 1st round and address the OL and DL 2nd round with more value and not so expensive.  

If they play a lot of two WR like they did last year they need a legit 2nd receiver and not sure Bisi is that guy or Chad Beebe so WR is a massive need.  And Reagor I have them getting for more the deep threat and his special teams return ability which is also a need, Mike Hughes should not be back there doing that if he is the starting CB potentially.  And you really think taking 4 receivers in the later rounds is a good idea at all?  I would rather spread things around, part of me thought 2 was a bit much but 4 would be nuts I think.  

Oh it's not a horrible pick. We have no faith in Samia. If he couldn't take the job from Pat Elflein he doesn't need to be in the NFL. Justin Jefferson seems like he could be a great number two for us exactly what we need, but with how much depth the draft is at WR it probably won't be our first pick. I like the reasoning you got to the pick though which is more important. It just looks bad when you trade a player and draft the same position first with a guy you know isn't going to be as good. I'd rather have the best guard then the second or third best receiver.

8 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

Oh it's not a horrible pick. We have no faith in Samia. If he couldn't take the job from Pat Elflein he doesn't need to be in the NFL. Justin Jefferson seems like he could be a great number two for us exactly what we need, but with how much depth the draft is at WR it probably won't be our first pick. I like the reasoning you got to the pick though which is more important. It just looks bad when you trade a player and draft the same position first with a guy you know isn't going to be as good. I'd rather have the best guard then the second or third best receiver.

This is what Zimmer said this so hopefully he is correct, he is referencing Samia in this quote apparently.  

"I think we've got some young guys that basically redshirted this year that I think are going to have opportunities to be good football players," Zimmer said. "I'm hoping that becomes even more of a strength for us next year, and we'll be looking to continually improve not just that position, but all of them."

Sure we could wait for a WR in the 2nd round but with two first round picks I could see it happening.  Unless Griffen is gone then we got DE and CB 1st round.  If not a Jefferson is there might as well take him because there is a good chance he might not even be around when they pick.  And Jonah Jackson/John Simpson are arguably not worth a 1st round pick so that is the problem in picking them that high, they are more early to mid 2nd rounders.

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I am not in the mood to be betting money on draft pick selections in a time like this honestly.  You think he will not be drafted, I think he will and believe he could become a decent pro.  If anything he will be a wanted OT in this draft 3rd or 4th round I think with his size and length.  Will see who closer to being correct I suppose.  Who are all these other OTs who are far better than he is in this draft who are more accomplished in college and have played at a high level for over 5 years.  Maybe the injuries made him lose a little bit but not sure I saw that this past season completely.  

Offer to take a bet will stay open for the rest of the month. The kid isn't special and his Combine performance was awful.

You seem to think it's a lock he will go top 100 so not sure why you wouldn't take supposed free money.