2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Last time I checked that offense was great with Tevin Coleman, Freeman is getting older and the 2nd back is nothing great and JK Dobbins is a freak show.  I think it is a great value and he is the best back in the draft.  Many people can be all anti RB but this is a great RB class and to just pass on them because of what principle?  Ok do that, then another team will get those backs and run them down your favorite teams throat!

Coleman and Freeman were no where near as effective once Kyle Shanahan left. Scheme has more to do with RB success than RBs do. I keep saying, Dobbins would run for -3 yards behind the line every time he got it, so it'd be a wasted pick. No running back is going to have success in our offense.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The Patriots just won a Super bowl last year based on running the football and the Ravens are poised to do it this year.  Not to mention the Packers, Vikings, Titans, 49ers and Bills are all good teams because of their focus on running the football and all outside of the Titans have a 2nd or 3rd RB on the roster who has been productive.  

Offensive line/scheme are vastly more influential in running the ball than actual running backs are. Why do you think Coleman/Freeman fell off after Kyle left? If we draft Dobbins, he'll constantly get -3 yard carries and everyone will wonder why he isn't playing well. Running Backs just don't have any real value. I don't have a problem with running the ball, but the way you're going about it is wrong - get yourself a real offensive line if you want to run the ball. Also, Dirk Koetter is our offensive coordinator and he can't scheme open running lanes for Running Backs to save his life.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They just drafted two offensive lineman last year in Lindstrom and McGary, signed Jamon Brown and Ty Sambrailo.  Maybe if they want a new center but Biadasz is gone.

Jamon Brown and Ty Sambrailo have been FA busts, they're horrible. I expect them to be cut this offseason.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

PS sometimes I take the advice of the posts where I see the issue, other times I do not based on how the draft board falls.  Say I have them draw a DB, Shaun Wade, AJ Terrell, Xavier McKinney?  Those would all be massive reaches at the 16th spot and none really deserve to be drafted that high honestly.  JK Dobbins is a better prospect and in terms of elite DBs Okudah is gone and so is Delpit.    What want to reach for Bryce Hall, CJ Henderson or Kristian Fulton at that spot?  Go ahead but it is a reach based on their play this year and the injuries Hall has currently and Fulton has had in his career.

I mean I can get that and I don't think doing mocks this deep is easy, but taking a RB in the first round would be the worst draft pick in the history of the Atlanta Falcons franchise. You seriously underestimate just how HORRIBLE this defense is. They're straight up atrocious. and They need help in pretty much every position on defense ASAP. During the 1st half of the season, they were on pace to be one of the worst defenses in NFL history. I don't take the 2nd half improvement seriously as it was mostly due to the pass rush playing better - I don't expect it to hold. If we take a RB and the defense is horrible again, do you know how bad of a look that would be for a coach office/front office that has the hottest seat in the NFL? It reeks of arrogance and hubris to me, to think taking a RB is the difference for the Falcons. It's like saying, if you take a RB, you really don't think the defensive issues are all that important - meanwhile opposing teams are dropping 40-50 points on us every week.

I don't care how elite the RB is, Barry Sanders would get nothing running for the Falcons. Literally no Running Back in the NFL can have success with us as long as Koetter is our OC. There's no justifying taking a RB, especially in this offense.

Edited by Hukos

36 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Can’t complain too much on the positions for the Chiefs.    Would hate not to address the OL in the first 4 Rounds though. 

Nick Harris in Round 3 would be a nice pairing for Andy’s OL skill set 

Yeah interior OL is a big option for the Chiefs also I agree.  Not sure they draft one high with Cam Erving and Rankins still options.  Nick Harris would be a choice but I could see them waiting and getting a guy like Jake Hanson and developing him into a starting center down the road. Or Landon Dickerson who has OG potential but has been really solid at center for Bama this year and could be a late round pick. 

44 minutes ago, Danand said:

The only part where I think you are wrong is about Chuck Clark. He has been a big upgrade from Tony Jefferson and is the guy going forward. We could need some depth anyway as DeShon Elliot has had difficulties staying healthy (broken arm and torn ACL), but in this case I think Curtis Weaver is by far the most interesting option if our 1. round pick would see the field.

RG would also be an option, even if we have a guy in Ben Powers. We just can't afford to have a worse oline when we want to run the ball this much.

Tony Jefferson I really liked coming out of OU and he has had a good career but is more a slot safety and a good tackler, not so good in deep coverage.  I agree interior OL is a concern no doubt about it.  Stenberg fits that bill and got them getting him in the 2nd round and he fits the run scheme perfectly.  

Weaver is just not the athlete a guy like Judon is, will be curious if they can resign him.  Again not sure Weaver is a fit for a 3/4 D but maybe, see how he times, he seems a little slow and if anything is a smaller 3/4 DE.  ILB is a massive need also for them and if they let some guys go in free agency.  Evan Weaver would be a nice pickup because he has 3/4 OLB pass rush ability as well, same with Markus Bailey, they could play both spots.  Jordan Mack could be a good fit same with Shaquille Quarterman and Chris Orr not to mention Joe Bachie.  

But would be hard for them to pass on an edge guy like Anfernee Jennings or Jonathan Greenard also.  

We never utilized Tony Jefferson the way we should. I think most ravens fans agree with me. Now he is coming off injury, can be cut fairly easy due to a hefty contract and we have our starters in place. Chuck Clark has also taken the role as the guy who calls the place so his role seems solidified. A McKinney could come in on certain packages so I won't deny safety could be in play, but everything we hear is that the front office are looking at edge rushers. 

I am a huge fan of Weaver and think most of what he does translates to the NFL. I think he could reshape his body a bit to give him some more twitch, but that is a guess. If we could pair him with a guy like Josh Uche later in the draft, we have the solid 3 downs guy and the situational/developmental pass rusher. Weaver would see plenty of snaps coming from both 3 point and standing up.

A Markus Bailey which just seems solid all over is a guy I agree the Ravens should look at in those round 3-5. 

Neither Anfernee Jennings or Greenard are among my favorites. If you are going to make more mocks and look for tendencies, then Ravens are quite big on production

54 minutes ago, Danand said:

We never utilized Tony Jefferson the way we should. I think most ravens fans agree with me. Now he is coming off injury, can be cut fairly easy due to a hefty contract and we have our starters in place. Chuck Clark has also taken the role as the guy who calls the place so his role seems solidified. A McKinney could come in on certain packages so I won't deny safety could be in play, but everything we hear is that the front office are looking at edge rushers. 

I am a huge fan of Weaver and think most of what he does translates to the NFL. I think he could reshape his body a bit to give him some more twitch, but that is a guess. If we could pair him with a guy like Josh Uche later in the draft, we have the solid 3 downs guy and the situational/developmental pass rusher. Weaver would see plenty of snaps coming from both 3 point and standing up.

A Markus Bailey which just seems solid all over is a guy I agree the Ravens should look at in those round 3-5. 

Neither Anfernee Jennings or Greenard are among my favorites. If you are going to make more mocks and look for tendencies, then Ravens are quite big on production

Uche I agree could be a hell of a 3/4 edge rusher and would be a nice pickup.  In terms of production Jennings played well last season and had 8 sacks this year, only negative about him is his injury history.  Greenard is pretty new to the scene but blew up this year with 9.5 sacks and was easily the best pass rusher on Florida this season.  Little raw and small but he can get after the QB and bend the edge.  

Still not totally sold on Weaver being athletic enough or quick enough off the ball to play a 3/4 OLB but will see how he times out.  In terms of production yeah few have Weaver beat as a pass rusher late in the 1st round 2nd round range.  I forgot about Zach Baun, he might be another interesting 3/4 OLB option as well.

Outside of Chaisson who has really came on strong of late, the 3/4 OLB class in general is pretty weak it seems.  Unless one considers Chase Young, Epenesa and Gross-Matos 3/4 OLBs which I do not.  

Where as I don't agree with everything hukos is saying and actually disagree with a bit of it.  I do agree taking a RB in the top 16 picks that's not good value when we have much bigger needs is not a good move.  In the 2nd round where they are good value for me I would go for it but only if a 1st round quality guy fell to be a solid value and us also picking a 1st round guy at a bigger position of need for better value in the 1st round already. 

As for you saying anything about us looking good with Coleman he looked like straight garbage just like Freeman has once Shanny left.  Letting Coleman go was one of the best things I thought the Falcons done and I hope they finish the job this offseason letting Freeman go.  

Kinlaw and Gross are both still available at our pick in the 1st round and im jumping on either one of them all day long before a RB or a CB.

I do like the change to nick harris later though he's a pretty good player.   Still not seeing Creed in the draft though or did I miss him again?  Did he decide to go back to school or something and I didn't know about it.

Edited by FalconFan13

On 12/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

1st
5. Miami  - Tua Tagovailoa Alabama JR QB
18. Miami (From Pittsburgh) - Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State JR DE
25. Miami (From Houston) - Najee Harris Alabama JR RB

2nd
39. Miami  - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma JR OLB
62. Miami (From New Orleans) - Leki Fotu Utah SR DT -- change to NIANG

3rd
70. Miami - John Simpson Clemson SR OG -- change to Diggs or Quarterman

4th
118. Miami (From Tennessee) - Greg Eiland Miss State RS JR OT -- change to Prince Tega Wanogho

Round 1 --
As much as I don't think Tua isn't the right fit. They will draft him anyways..... if no one leap frog's into pick 4 to take him (Raiders?). 
I really, really can't see MIA taking Harris over Swift.  If we take a RB in round 1, based on the way things fell -- MIA takes Swift.
Don't get me wrong....I like Dobbins, but I don't think he will go that high. I would be surprised to see '1' RB taken in the first round at all. 2nd is where I see them going. At best, low 1st round for '1' RB. Swift, Etienne and Dobbins. in that order, is how I think they will fall. But, for MIA, no way I see them pass on Swift to take Harris.
As for Yetur, i'm ok with him or K'Lavon. Albeit, I wouldn't be surprised if MIA like Chaisson better, but I'm ok with either.

Round 2 --
I can be ok with the Murray, but not ok with Fotu. Since we did NOT take a single OL in the first round OR the 1st pick in the 2nd round, there is NO WAY we continue to pass on that. Niang over another DT. 

Round 3 -- 
I see more Diggs as an option than Simpson. Not a bad pick, but we need someone to pair with X.Howard. 

Round 4 -- 
I'd rather have Prince Tega Wanogho over Eiland. I think Prince has more upside than Eiland. Currently they are essentially the same player, but Price for growth. 

Not a bad start....
Tua Tagovailoa/QB
Yetur Gross-Matos or K'Lavon Chaisson/DE
D'Andre Swift/RB
Kenneth Murray/LB
Lucas Niang/OG
Tevon Diggs/CB
Prince Tega Wanogho/OG

Edited by Shashiaj70

19 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Where as I don't agree with everything hukos is saying and actually disagree with a bit of it.  I do agree taking a RB in the top 16 picks that's not good value when we have much bigger needs is not a good move.  In the 2nd round where they are good value for me I would go for it but only if a 1st round quality guy fell to be a solid value and us also picking a 1st round guy at a bigger position of need for better value in the 1st round already. 

As for you saying anything about us looking good with Coleman he looked like straight garbage just like Freeman has once Shanny left.  Letting Coleman go was one of the best things I thought the Falcons done and I hope they finish the job this offseason letting Freeman go.  

Kinlaw and Gross are both still available at our pick in the 1st round and im jumping on either one of them all day long before a RB or a CB.

I do like the change to nick harris later though he's a pretty good player.   Still not seeing Creed in the draft though or did I miss him again?  Did he decide to go back to school or something and I didn't know about it.

I do not have Creed Humphrey declaring early, same with Trey Smith.  Now that could change but my gut tells me both return similar what Dylan Moses did.  I did not have Moses in a mock draft all season and thought he would return to school.  Kind of surprised Wade is going back but then again he had injuries this year and was never able to show his ability as a outside corner where next he should be able to and could be a top pick because of it.  

I also have Greg Eisworth, Sam Ehlinger, Charles Snowden and some others returning but will see if that is the case on the 17th.  

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I do not have Creed Humphrey declaring early, same with Trey Smith.  Now that could change but my gut tells me both return similar what Dylan Moses did.  I did not have Moses in a mock draft all season and thought he would return to school.  Kind of surprised Wade is going back but then again he had injuries this year and was never able to show his ability as a outside corner where next he should be able to and could be a top pick because of it.  

I also have Greg Eisworth, Sam Ehlinger, Charles Snowden and some others returning but will see if that is the case on the 17th.  

Ah fair enough on the Creed one then if he does declare i want him in the 2nd round though after a D-lineman or Isaiah simmons in the 1st :D

No Ashtyn Davis?

1a. Tua - fine (if he declares)

1b.EDGE fine

1c..RB Harris - would rather go OT here.

2a. LB Murray - thats fine. We need a 3-down LB. McMillan and Baker aren't those.

2b. DT. The position is unlikely. 

3. Would love to see Akers here.

27. New England  - Trey Adams Washington RS SR OT

Like the position. Hate the player because he lives in the hospital.  Hopkins TE we have ZERO on the roster !!!!!!!

New England - KJ Hamler Penn State RS SOPH

Excellent choice. Just what we need. And a kick returner !!!!!!

123. New England - Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS JR ILB
124. Green Bay -Ross Blacklock TCU RS JR DT
125. Kansas City - AJ Green Ok State SR CB
126. New Orleans - Jacob Breeland Oregon RS SR TE
127. Denver (From San Francisco) - Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn RS SR OT

Major needs sitting there at pick 124 and 127.  IMO Paddy  Fisher  ST/Jag at the next level.

Just now, m haynes said:

Like the position. Hate the player because he lives in the hospital.  Hopkins TE we have ZERO on the roster !!!!!!!

Excellent choice. Just what we need. And a kick returner !!!!!!

Major needs sitting there at pick 124 and 127.  IMO Paddy  Fisher  ST/Jag at the next level.

Yeah the first Mock I did I had them taking Hopkins and that does make a lot of sense, now with Cole Kmet in the draft he would be another option and is a better blocker than Hopkins who is mostly just a receiving TE.  But Wynn I am not sold of as a OT and should be moved to OG but not sure how they would make that work with Mason and Thuney there already.  QB could be a massive need if Tom leaves so Jordan Love becomes almost a must at the QB spot and would be a good pickup.  

Safety could be a massive need also and McKinney late 1st round makes a lot of sense as well.  Chung is not getting any younger.  I have them getting Curtis Weaver and stealing him which to me could make a ton of sense, great value and a need.  Not sure he is a 3/4 OLB but they switch back form 4/3 and 3/4 so much not sure it matters just matters on the personnel.  

They have the best and deepest secondary in the NFL and it is not even close, and none outside of McCourty and Bethel are free agents, and really Bethel did not see the field much because of their great depth at CB.  So they should be fine, but do have some big free agents in Thuney, Van Noy, Collins, Shelton and Roberts outside of Brady it will be interesting what they do with especially at the LB position.

Sleeper pick could be Lynn Bowden, kid is a super star and is crazy tough, could see them stealing him late 1st round and him becoming a great player, or they trade up in the 2nd to take him away from a team which is more likely.