2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Why a guard for the eagles so early? I mean we can use depth there but that's it. 

My mistake, I thought Vaitai played OG for them but was a OT.  Not super familiar with Seumalo but if they are happy with him sure OT might be an option but only as a backup.  Will have to make some changes.

6 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Hubbard was probably the worst starter on our Offensive line last season, I’m surprised he still on the roster. 

Good to know, might have to change some things then.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

My mistake, I thought Vaitai played OG for them but was a OT.  Not super familiar with Seumalo but if they are happy with him sure OT might be an option but only as a backup.  Will have to make some changes.

vaitai only played guard to fill in for injuries Seumalo is a good not great player that is young and under a team friendly deal. I doubt they try to move on from him. 

4 hours ago, indifference said:

Derrick brown is way too good to pass up at 14 good job. Dont think we wait to R4 to address RT need though.

I did not want Derrick Brown to fall that far honestly but Kinlaw I think might be taken because he is more versatile for the 49ers than Brown.  I agree OT is a need but they have no chance to sign Dotson?  I suppose possibly they will pass on one of those other positions but I think Clyde would be an awesome fit at RB and worth it and CB is a huge need as well.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I did not want Derrick Brown to fall that far honestly but Kinlaw I think might be taken because he is more versatile for the 49ers than Brown.  I agree OT is a need but they have no chance to sign Dotson?  I suppose possibly they will pass on one of those other positions but I think Clyde would be an awesome fit at RB and worth it and CB is a huge need as well.  

Dotson is old and over the hill. The way this draft was set up...the players were appropriate. Didnt see the value R2 for a RT or 3. CB depth at nickel is a good move too

For Giants they went big in FA with defense. They also need offense. I would have done this much different. 

Rd 1   OT Wills.   Got to get the Left Tackle. Need to prioritize the future protection of Jones. Solder is only a placeholder. You need to start to groom a starting LT. I'm okay with others. More trust in him than others.  

Rd 2  WR Shenault   Next year Engram is FA. Forget paying big bucks ot sign him. Shepherd is one light hit away from calling it quits. Thus long term they don't have a legit top tier receiver. In year 1 Shenault could learn from the experienced WR crew. 

Rd 3  S   Love your Burgess pick! Love it! Potential starter here. 

Rd 4  OL   Ben Bredeson.   Giants lost their starting Center Halapio. Ben might be able to play there instead of Pulley. If not, he still is good value. 

Rd 5  LB    Justin Strnard   Giants LB crew stinks., They picked up 2 FA's but one is on a prove it deal. 

Rd 6  LB/Edge   Derek Tuszaka.   Giants LB crew stinks. If he isn't available they can go for Safety JR Reed. Maybe between Burgess, Love and Reed they won't need to re-sign Peppers in 2021. 

Rd 7  CB  Dane Jackson. Giants secondary was awful. The pickup of Bradberry was huge. Jackson could be better though than some of the current CB's on this roster. Jackson  big value here.  If he isn't available then another total value play - WR  Kalijia Lipscomb.      Lot of value here for a 7th rd pick. 

5 hours ago, JStar221 said:

For Giants they went big in FA with defense. They also need offense. I would have done this much different. 

Rd 1   OT Wills.   Got to get the Left Tackle. Need to prioritize the future protection of Jones. Solder is only a placeholder. You need to start to groom a starting LT. I'm okay with others. More trust in him than others.  

Rd 2  WR Shenault   Next year Engram is FA. Forget paying big bucks ot sign him. Shepherd is one light hit away from calling it quits. Thus long term they don't have a legit top tier receiver. In year 1 Shenault could learn from the experienced WR crew. 

Rd 3  S   Love your Burgess pick! Love it! Potential starter here. 

Rd 4  OL   Ben Bredeson.   Giants lost their starting Center Halapio. Ben might be able to play there instead of Pulley. If not, he still is good value. 

Rd 5  LB    Justin Strnard   Giants LB crew stinks., They picked up 2 FA's but one is on a prove it deal. 

Rd 6  LB/Edge   Derek Tuszaka.   Giants LB crew stinks. If he isn't available they can go for Safety JR Reed. Maybe between Burgess, Love and Reed they won't need to re-sign Peppers in 2021. 

Rd 7  CB  Dane Jackson. Giants secondary was awful. The pickup of Bradberry was huge. Jackson could be better though than some of the current CB's on this roster. Jackson  big value here.  If he isn't available then another total value play - WR  Kalijia Lipscomb.      Lot of value here for a 7th rd pick. 

To me if the Giants do not take Wirfs it is a mistake, OL has to be the pick there I think and Wirfs is the best one regardless.  He can play LT, RT or OG, Wills could not do that and Wirfs has more upside than Wills as well.  But sure Wills would make sense outside of the fact Wirfs is more athletic, stronger and has more upside.  

That edge rush for them is crap I think, and Fackrell gets injured constantly so not sure he will be consistent.  Martinez is an ok signing but they would be lucky to get Baun 2nd round I think, very lucky.  I agree the LB crew sucks and that has to be the main priority outside of OL.  

I think they need to clearly address OT, OLB and then maybe another DB and potentially backup QB and backup RB but did sign Lewis so that was a solid move and I guess Colt McCoy changes that also.  So I do probably need to include a center like you said and a receiver no doubt.  The Bradberry signing was just so so, he is an average player I think and Jenkins is a far better corner they clearly let go to the Saints last year.  Maybe another OL makes sense no doubt.  

The only pick I don't like for the Falcons is the punter in the 7th. I don't think they'll draft a punter after bringing back Ryan Allen, who did a good job last year, and Sam Irwin-Hill, who is an Australian rules guy who can compete with Allen for the job.

But overall, great job with the Falcons picks and the mock overall.

Edited by scar988

• 4 weeks later...