2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

Like everything but the Trey Adams pick.  I am sick of taking sliding players due to injury who never play as rookies.

To me Glenn should be moved back inside to guard and if that is the case then OT is a major need, OG could be ok with Glenn, Jordan and John Miller.  OT then becomes a big need and they need one and 3rd round all the good ones could be gone.  

Jonah Jackson could make sense big time but that is only if they are fine leaving Glenn at OT.  Sure they could wait around in the 3rd or 4th for a OT like Peart, Heck or Charles to be around but Trey Adams is a good player and is getting a bad rap because of his injury history.  Kid played well this season and played every game outside the bowl game, kid is a fine athlete for a big dude and is well worth a 2nd round selection if not a 1st round selection.  

I like a good few of the picks for the Falcons and wouldn't change a whole lot now.  The WR pick still makes absolutely no sense that early or at all for the Falcons with having so many bigger needs that would actually contribute more.    The only pick i would change early on is the winfield pick at safety to weaver at DE.   As much as i like winfield and i do like him alot he just would be sort of a wasted pick and put at a backup safety spot.  Which in the 2nd round i think you should be drafting starters that would be on the field right away.   If we didn't already have Neal Rico, and Kazee as 3 very quality starters at safety i would be all over this pick because he is a solid player.   Where as Weaver would replace Beasley and possibly even Takk if he doesn't come around ever.  But for sure replaced Beasley as he is getting paid somewhere and it's not gonna be us unless he wants like 4 mil a year XD.

These are the 2 replacements i would make in your draft and keep the rest the same and be really happy with it.

1st - Kinlaw - DT - This is a bad dude and he would be a deadly combo with Grady.

2a - Curtis Weaver - DE - Here is beasleys replacement and we still need another one in FA as well.  But we have to target a DE early or go all out and spend BIG TIME in a stud in FA.  If we do that then i'll back off on a early round DE and settle for a later round one in the 4th or 5th.

2b - Clyde Edwards-Helaire  RB  - No complaints here we need a legit RB to replace freeman and Clyde is the next best thing if we can't get Dobbins, Swift, or taylor.

3rd - Neville Gallimore - DT  - Nothing personal at all with your OG pick in shane.  This is just a bpa guy i love pick. He is a late 1st rounder to me and i want him here no questions asked lol. 

4th - Damien Lewis  - OG - As said nothing wrong with your OG pick in the 3rd thats a good position to target.  But GALLIMORE you just can't let him go by in the 3rd round.  We would be foolish to do that and Lewis is good value here and might be better than Shane in the long run so we lucked out.

5th -Cam Brown  - OLB -  Their was nothing wrong with your pick of Joe. Just in this version i went with Weaver earlier to help fix our DE spot.  So we can go OLB here and Cam has some very nice upside for a 5th round pick.  This is Devondre Cambells replacement because that sucker needs to get off the Falcons finally it will make me very happy.

7th - Lawrence Cager - Still not a fan of a WR pick but in the 7th it's fine and Cager has alot of potential as a player and it will make the local UGA fans happy lol. 

Thats my redo of your mock based on how every fell this time and what i think we need the most in the draft.  Also with some BPA added in for players who fell so far you couldn't pass on them in Gallimore and Cager.   With this draft i would target these positions in FA  DE, TE, and CB.   TE only if hooper leaves which he very well might im not sure at this point.

Thats alot more changes than i originally was going to do on this version of your mock but the Gallimore pick i just couldn't pass on and it changed a few more picks because of it lol.    It was originally just going to be changing  Winfield to Weaver and the WR to Cam Brown or another OLB.

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

To me Glenn should be moved back inside to guard and if that is the case then OT is a major need, OG could be ok with Glenn, Jordan and John Miller.  OT then becomes a big need and they need one and 3rd round all the good ones could be gone.  

Jonah Jackson could make sense big time but that is only if they are fine leaving Glenn at OT.  Sure they could wait around in the 3rd or 4th for a OT like Peart, Heck or Charles to be around but Trey Adams is a good player and is getting a bad rap because of his injury history.  Kid played well this season and played every game outside the bowl game, kid is a fine athlete for a big dude and is well worth a 2nd round selection if not a 1st round selection.  

I don't think Glenn plays another down here, especially after the self reported concussion that lasted three or four months.  

I want a tackle, just not Trey Adams.  I guess I could have made that a bit clearer.   I'm just sick and tired of watching our top picks, mostly first rounders, come in and not play their rookie year due to injury.  No way I take a guy like Adams.  If we had the third or fourth pick instead of #1 overall, I'd pass on Tua for the same reason.

I still think another safety is a bit too high for our first round and while Weaver might be a good pro, I think we need more upside. I like the pick of Gibson in the 5. round and if we pick a runningback, we need someone who is scheme diverse and a flexible move piece.

Anae fit the bill I usually like, but I fear he is too unathletic to succeed. I put some suggestions for alternative options for us. Especially picks in the 2 and 3 round I think we would get better value for the Ravens

1. Xavier McKinney (alternate choices: Josh Uche/Raekwon Davis)

2. Evan Weaver (alternate choice: Jalen Reagor/Trevon Diggs)

3. Bradlaee Anae (alternate choice: Patrick Queen, KJ Hill, Ross Blacklock, Lloyd Cushenberry)

4. Damien Lewis (alternate choice: No objection here)

4. Chase Claypool (alternate choice: No objection here)

4. Trajan Bandy (alternate choice: Jabari Zuniga, K’Von Wallace, Alohi Gilman)

4. Binjimen Victor (alternate choice: Julian Okwara, Darnay Holmes)

5. Calvin Taylor (don’t know him) (alternative choice: Khalid Kareem, Van Jefferson)

5. Antonio Gibson (alternate choice: No objection here, quite a good fit)

6. Trevis Gipson (don’t know him)

8 hours ago, Danand said:

I still think another safety is a bit too high for our first round and while Weaver might be a good pro, I think we need more upside. I like the pick of Gibson in the 5. round and if we pick a runningback, we need someone who is scheme diverse and a flexible move piece.

Anae fit the bill I usually like, but I fear he is too unathletic to succeed. I put some suggestions for alternative options for us. Especially picks in the 2 and 3 round I think we would get better value for the Ravens

1. Xavier McKinney (alternate choices: Josh Uche/Raekwon Davis)

2. Evan Weaver (alternate choice: Jalen Reagor/Trevon Diggs)

3. Bradlaee Anae (alternate choice: Patrick Queen, KJ Hill, Ross Blacklock, Lloyd Cushenberry)

4. Damien Lewis (alternate choice: No objection here)

4. Chase Claypool (alternate choice: No objection here)

4. Trajan Bandy (alternate choice: Jabari Zuniga, K’Von Wallace, Alohi Gilman)

4. Binjimen Victor (alternate choice: Julian Okwara, Darnay Holmes)

5. Calvin Taylor (don’t know him) (alternative choice: Khalid Kareem, Van Jefferson)

5. Antonio Gibson (alternate choice: No objection here, quite a good fit)

6. Trevis Gipson (don’t know him)

In the 7th round I have Baltimore getting RB James Robinson from Illinois State, he would be a great value and is a perfect fit, is a little bowling ball and could be a nice 3rd or 4th back especially if Ingram gets hurt he could fill in as a low to the ground power runner.

Uche actually makes a ton of sense 1st round, sure the Titans would hate that but Uche would fit great and would be perfect in that 3/4 defense and is better than Anae as a 3/4 edge rusher.  Looking at it now might have one too many receivers for them no question, doubt they get that many and Gibson I think is a receiver in the NFL with YAC ability but some have him as a RB only.  Victor probably could be passed on I think potentially.  Raekwon makes sense but not 1st round that is a reach for him, and Weaver sure some teams will pass on the guy because of coverage but what he lacks there he makes up for in effort, passion, intelligence, toughness and tackling.  The guy would be a great 3/4 ILB and possibly could even be a 3/4 OLB as well and is a tackling machine.

This is my top 10

1) Bengals - Joe Burrow (QB - LSU)

2) Redskins - Chase Young (DE - Ohio State)

3) Lions - Isiah Simmons (LB - Clemson)

4) Giants - Andrew Thomas (OT - Georgia)

5) Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa (QB - Alabama)

6) Chargers - Justin Herbert (QB - Oregon)

7) Panthers - Jerry Jeudy (WR - Alabama)

8) Cardinals - Jerrick Wills (OT - Alabama)

9) Jaguars - Derrick Brown (DT - Auburn)

10) Browns - Jeff Okudah (CB - Ohio State)

Just now, Bolts223 said:

This is my top 10

1) Bengals - Joe Burrow (QB - LSU)

2) Redskins - Chase Young (DE - Ohio State)

3) Lions - Isiah Simmons (LB - Clemson)

4) Giants - Andrew Thomas (OT - Georgia)

5) Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa (QB - Alabama)

6) Chargers - Justin Herbert (QB - Oregon)

7) Panthers - Jerry Jeudy (WR - Alabama)

8) Cardinals - Jerrick Wills (OT - Alabama)

9) Jaguars - Derrick Brown (DT - Auburn)

10) Browns - Jeff Okudah (CB - Ohio State)

No Wirfs for me does not make sense but people are sleeping on him for whatever reason.  Panthers with Jeudy is ok but CB is a big problem for them I think and Okudah makes a ton of sense.  Sure Carolina would love Simmons to fall that would be the ideal without Luke anymore.  Herbert to the Chargers makes sense but I think Love in the 2nd round is their ideal pickup.  Brown to the Jaguars makes a ton of sense but I have Arizona taking him because that DL is just crap but OT is a need also no doubt.

Real thing would be if the Dolphins do not take Tua what happens, because with Fitz back and Rosen they could easily pass on a QB and take Willis or Wirfs instead which they need badly.  Then what would the Chargers, Panthers, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, Tampa Bay do etc...  A lot would be pressed to get him I am sure especially if he falls a ways.  Talk about a steal if he fell right to the Colts.  

Have to say I'm not crazy about the draft for the Vikings.  You're a lot higher on James Lynch than anyone else I've seen.  A LOT higher.  Highest I've seen him going anywhere else is 3rd round I think.  And in the 2nd you could have Trevon Diggs but go with an OT that's going to take some time to start.  Josh Jones in the first was the better pick imo.  

I do realize you've done a lot of work and I commend you for it.  I'm just giving you constructive critical input for the future.  Now, go and do as I say!  LOL

1 hour ago, Hyperborean said:

Have to say I'm not crazy about the draft for the Vikings.  You're a lot higher on James Lynch than anyone else I've seen.  A LOT higher.  Highest I've seen him going anywhere else is 3rd round I think.  And in the 2nd you could have Trevon Diggs but go with an OT that's going to take some time to start.  Josh Jones in the first was the better pick imo.  

I do realize you've done a lot of work and I commend you for it.  I'm just giving you constructive critical input for the future.  Now, go and do as I say!  LOL

The love for Trevon Diggs I do not get, especially the 1st round pick talk, did people not watch the Bama defense this year?  They sucked for Bama standards and Diggs sure is good at times but is very weak as a tackler, gets hurt a lot and is not all that physical.  Yeah he is Stefon's brother and all but if he has half the attitude Stefon has forget it.  Have not seen from him in college really but who knows.

James Lynch is a fine DL prospect and a decent late 1st to high 2nd round value.  Who else you take?  Weaver, sure he could fit but Lynch is stronger at the point of attack and could play a pass rusher DT spot and transition to that, Weaver could not play DT I feel.  Davis from Bama makes some sense but he really did not have a good season this year and was not very good last year either and cannot get off blocks like Lynch can.

I would love Prince Tega Wanogho for the Vikings, he is a better athlete than Josh Jones and is a better value but he could easily be gone by late 2nd round and arguably a better fit for a zone blocking scheme.  Jones is still pretty raw I feel and Vikings need interior OL a lot more but will see what happens.

Heck I would rather trade that 1st round pick and get Prince in the 2nd and John Simpson in the 2nd round, both great fits for a zone blocking scheme and fits the OT and OG spots.  Sadly late 1st round value is not much if Austin Jackson, Biadasz are gone, Becton, Jones, Adams are gone etc.  Will be curious what they do with the pick, would be great in Kinlaw or Gross-Matos fell to them but I seriously doubt that happens.

Anyone that would not want this guy late 1st round needs to pay more attention I feel, and his potential as possibly a 4/3 DT is awesome I think and is as stout as they come as a 4/3 DE possibly also.  

Edited by Ozzy