2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

Updated after the combine, included a few players from that and took a lot of them out.  Still not totally sure on the comp picks so went off the same order from before which was projected from a site.

Biggest risers I would say are these guys:

Mekhi Becton
Neville Gallimore 
Justin Jefferson
Antoine Winfield Jr
CJ Henderson
Jeremy Chinn
Alton Robinson
Cam Akers
Ezra Cleveland
Jack Driscoll
Adam Trautman 
Willie Gay 
Khalil Davis

Guys who might fall a little:

AJ Epenesa
Justin Herbert
Andrew Thomas
Tee Higgins
Laviska Shenault Jr.
Calvin Throckmorton

Guys who are out I had in before:

Tyler Huntley Utah SR QB
Christian Rector USC SR DE
Lawrence Cager Georgia SR WR
Maurice French Pitt SR WR
Josh Hammond Florida RS SR WR
Matt Womack Alabama RS SR OT
Elorm Lumor Rutgers JR DE
Reggie Corbin Illinois RS SR RB
Donell Stanley South Carolina RS SR OG/C
David Reese Florida SR ILB
Joe Reed Virginia SR WR
David Dowell Michigan State RS SR S
Garrett Marino UAB SR DT
Christian Rozeboom South Dakota State SR ILB
Marlon Bridges Jacksonville St SR S
Jashon Cornell Ohio State RS SR DT/DE
Myles Dorn UNC SR S
Cody White Michigan State JR WR
Mike Horton Auburn SR OG  
Marquel Harrell Auburn RS SR OG
Dallas Warmack Oregon RS SR OG
Stanford Samuels III Florida State JR CB
Jared Rice Fresno State RS SR TE
Darrell Stewart Jr Michigan State RS SR WR
Sewo Olonilua TCU SR RB
Trevon Hill Miami FL RS SR OLB/DE

Outside of the 3rd round pick for the Falcons i think we done a pretty great job in this draft.  The 3rd round pick however makes no sense at all with what you did in round 2.   We took our OG/C in round 2 with the much better player in Tyler B.   Which means we no longer have a need at all in the draft for another O-lineman.  We still have Alex Mack, Brown, Carpetner and Matt Gono.  You add Tyler into that and that 5 legit quality starters and even if one goes thats 4 starters at 2 positions.  Chris Lindstrom has RG locked down for dang sure so thats not even in the discussion.   Shane is a good player but i think a team who needed a starting quality OG would take him instead of the falcons taking him over other starting needs and just throwing him behind 4 other players to ride the pine.   I would replace him with the best RB on the board left that you think is a quality starter since it seems we didn't look at them in this draft at all.  But we desperately need a starter there or at the minimum someone we can rely on to carry most of the load and push ito smith.  or heck even another DE like Kenny Willekes as were losing quite a few edge rushers to FA and with us not drafting a 1st round one then 2 or so in the next 2 or 3 rounds might make up for missing a top tier guy.  Which im fully ok doing for a guy like Kinlaw he is a beast and i want him in the 1st round.

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good draft for the Raiders. Would prefer someone else at 19 though, especially if we sign Byron Jones. Jaylon Johnson in the 3rd is tremendous value. B+ draft. 

True, Free agency could change a ton of things.

Or like Marshal Yanda retiring for the Baltimore Ravens, dude is a Hall of Famer all the way and one of the best guards in football.  I have the Ravens now getting Isaiah Wilson 2nd round but sticking with Uche in the 1st but that could easily be a OG as well or a OT.  

In terms of the Raiders getting receivers though there will be a ton of options for that no question about it, and safety and or corner are two needs that could easily be filled as well in this draft.  

Updated now all of the comp picks for round 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.  So they are not the estimated ones but the accurate ones now.  

Ouch. Ravens passing on Denzel Mims in the 2nd round for a tackle when we sent 2 tackles to the pro bowl last year.. I don’t know how to feel. 

We’re going to draft a WR this draft. Our GM even said he’s looking to come out of this draft with a WR and Dline / Edge

Us drafting a tackle, 2 CBs and safety doesn’t fit the need. Secondary is our deepest position. Can’t see this happening. 

Edited by Davesta
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davesta said:

Ouch. Ravens passing on Denzel Mims in the 2nd round for a tackle when we sent 2 tackles to the pro bowl last year.. I don’t know how to feel. 

We’re going to draft a WR this draft. Our GM even said he’s looking to come out of this draft with a WR and Dline / Edge

Us drafting a tackle, 2 CBs and safety doesn’t fit the need. Secondary is our deepest position. Can’t see this happening. 

I believe Isaiah Wilson will convert to OG since Yanda is now retired.  That is an absolute need 100%, it is not like Ben Powers is going to take his place at OG.  That is an absolute need, sure could go OG first round but outside pass rushing is a huge need as well especially if Judon is gone.

Looking at it more, sure CB is probably not a huge need I suppose but what if Jimmy Smith, Carr, Jefferson are all potentially gone so CB/S could be a need and I still think they need a more legit safety opposite Thomas.  And is WR really that big of a need, Marquise Brown, Boykin, Snead, Seth Roberts, Jaleel Scott and Wesley has potential.  Sure if Seth Roberts leaves they might need one but for a team that plays what four TEs, and 3 of the top 6 receivers are TEs last year not sure they will spend any high pick on it.  Brown, Boykin and Snead are a solid top three but maybe could include one more but doubt it is a 2nd round pick.

Probably I do need to play with their later round picks, improved DL would help along with ILB and OLB.  

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

LB is easily our most pressing need. I can’t imagine we’d pass on Queen, Murray and Baun at 33; we have the pick of the litter. There’s just no way.

Possibly, but you really that sold on that OL?  Ruiz could play C or OG even.  I thought why not get the best one there even though ideally it would be a OT so they can move Glenn to guard.  Malik Harrison is a great player, at times I have had him as a 1st round pick to start the season and he is super talented, if they could get him in the 3rd they would be lucky.  But sure Murray or Queen make sense as well but protecting Joe Burrow makes more sense to me and get a linebacker later.  The OL talent will be really different past the 2nd round.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Possibly, but you really that sold on that OL?  Ruiz could play C or OG even.  I thought why not get the best one there even though ideally it would be a OT so they can move Glenn to guard.  Malik Harrison is a great player, at times I have had him as a 1st round pick to start the season and he is super talented, if they could get him in the 3rd they would be lucky.  But sure Murray or Queen make sense as well but protecting Joe Burrow makes more sense to me and get a linebacker later.  The OL talent will be really different past the 2nd round.  

I wouldn’t be mad at that pick per se, I just don’t think that’s the direction the team is going to go at 33. By all accounts the team is looking at adding the best defensive player available, or a BPA receiver at that spot. Queen or Murray are likely the BPA and a position of desperate need. Normally you wouldn’t put so much credence on pre draft conjecture, but the Bengals are notoriously predictable when it comes to prospects and tendencies. Dave Lapham, who guesses our FRP right nearly every year, thinks we’re going Baun (he also thinks Murray and Queen are off the board at this point). The team seems weirdly content - right or wrong - with what we have at OL. The return of Jonah Williams probably has the most to do with that. In the eyes of management we’re already adding a first round tackle. We may add a lineman in FA, but the focus right now is LB, CB, and WR. This could all change after FA.

Also, Cordy Glenn won’t be on the team next year. If we don’t trade him (we won’t find a suitor), he’ll be released. 

Malik Harrison in the third is fantastic, but it’s looking a round too far ahead. If we take Queen, Murray, or Baun, Jefferson won’t be on our radar in the 3rd.

7 hours ago, jebrick said:

I would take Davon Hamilton OSU there.  Bigger need as they will lose Hargraves to FA

If they do no doubt, Ross Blacklock in the 2nd could be an option at that spot if he makes it that far, and Hamilton for sure as well as Bravvion Roy in the 3rd or 4th round

On 12/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

125. Pittsburgh  - Anthony McFarland Maryland RS SOPH RB  

I really doubt they are going to take a RB in this draft.  If they do it would be because Dobbins or Taylor fell to them in the 2nd.   They have 3 drafted RB on the roster and all of them have started and done well.

Give them Tyler Johnson WR Minn here.  Again to make up for the 3rd rounder that should be a DT with them taking an Oline in the 2nd.

Edited by jebrick