2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sure with Slay leaving Okudah seems like the obvious choice, but they did bring in Trufant and they have Justin Coleman, Oruwariye, Rashaan Melvin if they bring him back and Mike Jackson.

There is a lot more likelihood they get a CB later in the draft than a star OT.  Bringing in Vaitai helps no doubt, but Decker is just ok and they might need to move on from him.  And in terms of upside and how rare they are as a prospect, Wirfs is better than Okudah I feel.  Watching that big dude move at the combine, he is a freak show and would absolutely improve the protection of Stafford back there, one of the most sacked QBs in the game.  Simmons I have had him there at that spot as well and he makes a ton of sense and I would arguably take him over Okudah as well in terms of being a more rare type of prospect.  

Wirfs is a RT. Lions will trade back with Miami or Chargers and take Okudah, Brown or Simmons.

Just now, BZski said:

Wirfs is a RT. Lions will trade back with Miami or Chargers and take Okudah, Brown or Simmons.

Did you see the workout?  I have heard this before the combine and did not believe it and after the combine I believe it even less.  He is a RT only?  That idea is absolute crap.  He has played LT before when Jackson got injured and he could no question play LT if asked to do so with the athletic numbers he put up.  No question about that in my mind at all.  He could play either tackle position or be a Pro Bowl guard, just take your pick.  

Trading back does make sense no doubt but what because Miami thinks the Giants or the Lions will take Tua?  Doubt they think that but maybe the Lions move on from Stafford and draft his successor, but I doubt it.

Just now, Ozzy said:

Did you see the workout?  I have heard this before the combine and did not believe it and after the combine I believe it even less.  He is a RT only?  That idea is absolute crap.  He has played LT before when Jackson got injured and he could no question play LT if asked to do so with the athletic numbers he put up.  No question about that in my mind at all.  He could play either tackle position or be a Pro Bowl guard, just take your pick.  

Trading back does make sense no doubt but what because Miami thinks the Giants or the Lions will take Tua?  Doubt they think that but maybe the Lions move on from Stafford and draft his successor, but I doubt it.

I dont see it. Lions like Decker and are looking to re-sign him at some point. They just signed Big V for RT. They have Beau Benschawl for RG that they like and is developing, also, signed Josh Garnett. They will probably take a G fairly high to add to the battle. Wirffs really doesnt make sense at 3 with the signing of Big V.

Miami would trade up to ensure they get Tua. Chargers obviously will be looking for a QB and Tua is the franchise QB. I would be willing to bet either Miami or LAC are picking at 3 come draft day.

I would rather Simmons or Brown for Lions but it is looking more and more like Okudah.

Just now, BZski said:

I dont see it. Lions like Decker and are looking to re-sign him at some point. They just signed Big V for RT. They have Beau Benschawl for RG that they like and is developing, also, signed Josh Garnett. They will probably take a G fairly high to add to the battle. Wirffs really doesnt make sense at 3 with the signing of Big V.

Miami would trade up to ensure they get Tua. Chargers obviously will be looking for a QB and Tua is the franchise QB. I would be willing to bet either Miami or LAC are picking at 3 come draft day.

I would rather Simmons or Brown for Lions but it is looking more and more like Okudah.

True signing Vaitai changes a lot of things then signing Collins should change if they get Simmons.  Will see, I agree with them trading back but I think the Dolphins would be stupid to do it because no way the Lions or Giants draft Tua and it would be nuts for the Redskins to do that as well.  Okudah makes sense sure, I just think Wirfs will long term be the better pro.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True signing Vaitai changes a lot of things then signing Collins should change if they get Simmons.  Will see, I agree with them trading back but I think the Dolphins would be stupid to do it because no way the Lions or Giants draft Tua and it would be nuts for the Redskins to do that as well.  Okudah makes sense sure, I just think Wirfs will long term be the better pro.  

Lets just hope the Redskins pass on Chase Young at #2 and that makes the #3 pick in your mock much easier for the Lions LOL

Just now, BZski said:

Lets just hope the Redskins pass on Chase Young at #2 and that makes the #3 pick in your mock much easier for the Lions LOL

I don't see on what earth that could happen, pass on Chase Young?  For who Tua?  Would make the Haskins pick last year clearly ridiculous.  Is a scheme issue maybe but I bet they switch to a 4/3 if they draft Young.

OK, that's not a great updated draft for the Titans.  They're really interested in Henderson (per his own reports, the most interested team), and CB is possibly their big need right now, after Logan Ryan left, Adoree Jackson coming up on his fifth year option, and Butler only having a short time left too.  I doubt Henderson falls to 29, but if he did, that's where he stops.

I don't think Hurts makes any sense either.  He's a project, and they don't have a QB developer on their team, or seemingly any connection to Hurts.  Plus, in this version, they've already spent a luxury pick in the first round, so it's hard to see them taking one of the CBs like Danzler, or an OT like Cleveland (another big need is a developmental sooner-rather-than-later OT).

The big needs for the team are CB and DL.  They could use a better edge, though with the depth they have there, I doubt a fifth rounder or later makes a difference, and may not make the team.  They also need RB depth, a backup QB, and depth at WR/TE.  I don't see them investing a first at WR though, since they've got AJ Brown and Davis for this season, at least.  That's one that they'd probably put on the back end.  So I'd say the order of need after that is OT, QB, RB, WR/TE.

That said, good picks in rounds 2 and 5, and the last pick in the seventh.

I'd take Cushenberry instead of the Auburn OT. I think the Steelers need more OG/OC rather than OT type. Cush would start at LG for us and then transition to OC when Pouncey retires. I might look at another position rather than H-back too. I would have liked the Deguara pick more before the signings on Ebron and FB Watt. I really like Roy and Pittman, though.

Edited by MOSteelers56

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd take Cushenberry instead of the Auburn OT. I think the Steelers need more OG/OC rather than OT type. Cush would start at LG for us and then transition to OC when Pouncey retires. I might look at another position rather than H-back too. I would have liked the Deguara pick more before the signings on Ebron and FB Watt. I really like Roy and Pittman, though.

I thought that starting OT was the problem last year Feiler, but what they have faith in Zach Banner or Chukwuma Okorafor?  If so then yes OT is not as big of a need potentially and Cushenberry would make sense.  But yeah looking at it more maybe OG does make some more sense potentially, they got no one inside currently outside of DeCastro and Pouncey.   

40 minutes ago, Daniel said:

OK, that's not a great updated draft for the Titans.  They're really interested in Henderson (per his own reports, the most interested team), and CB is possibly their big need right now, after Logan Ryan left, Adoree Jackson coming up on his fifth year option, and Butler only having a short time left too.  I doubt Henderson falls to 29, but if he did, that's where he stops.

I don't think Hurts makes any sense either.  He's a project, and they don't have a QB developer on their team, or seemingly any connection to Hurts.  Plus, in this version, they've already spent a luxury pick in the first round, so it's hard to see them taking one of the CBs like Danzler, or an OT like Cleveland (another big need is a developmental sooner-rather-than-later OT).

The big needs for the team are CB and DL.  They could use a better edge, though with the depth they have there, I doubt a fifth rounder or later makes a difference, and may not make the team.  They also need RB depth, a backup QB, and depth at WR/TE.  I don't see them investing a first at WR though, since they've got AJ Brown and Davis for this season, at least.  That's one that they'd probably put on the back end.  So I'd say the order of need after that is OT, QB, RB, WR/TE.

That said, good picks in rounds 2 and 5, and the last pick in the seventh.

I am confusing things at times by changing things around so much.  I agree OT is a massive need for them and forgot I did not include one after some things switched around.  Isaiah Wilson makes a ton of sense for them and I have had them get him before.  Is Logan Ryan really gone, if so then yeah that does make sense.  Going to have to go back through again after missing some things for changing around so much.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I thought that starting OT was the problem last year Feiler, but what they have faith in Zach Banner or Chukwuma Okorafor?  If so then yes OT is not as big of a need potentially and Cushenberry would make sense.  But yeah looking at it more maybe OG does make some more sense potentially, they got no one inside currently outside of DeCastro and Pouncey.   

Feiler played pretty well last season. I think he's an adequate RT. A lot of people actually think he'll move to LG and we'll let Banner and Chuks compete for the RT job. That's a possibility, I'd say. I think to taking a OG/OC makes sense because we currently don't have a starting LG. I don't think Pouncey has a lot left either. I bet he'll retire when Ben does, so we should probably be on the lookout for his long term replacement. Two birds, one stone.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

Feiler played pretty well last season. I think he's an adequate RT. A lot of people actually think he'll move to LG and we'll let Banner and Chuks compete for the RT job. That's a possibility, I'd say. I think to taking a OG/OC makes sense because we currently don't have a starting LG. I don't think Pouncey has a lot left either. I bet he'll retire when Ben does, so we should probably be on the lookout for his long term replacement. Two birds, one stone.

That does make a lot of sense, I forgot about Okorafor, if they have confidence in him and Banner as the backup, great.   I have them slot with Jonah Jackson right now, but Cushenberry makes sense and could be around that range as well.  I have Baltimore getting Cushenberry who I feel is more a OG at the next level than a center, but it could go either way.

5 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Bad for the Browns, can’t leave this draft without a potential long term answer at LT. Also Quarterman in the 3rd is a huge reach, most likely go anywhere from rd.6 to undrafted.

I thought they liked Hubbard?  If not then sure Andrew Thomas is a must, but after that Conklin signing I thought maybe they would go to another position possibly.  Andrew Thomas would make a ton of sense no question.  Sadly for them a big time DE is not really here in this draft high unless they trade down and get Epenesa or YGM.  And 2nd round passing on stud DT talent like Gallimore would be hard to do.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I thought they liked Hubbard?  If not then sure Andrew Thomas is a must, but after that Conklin signing I thought maybe they would go to another position possibly.  Andrew Thomas would make a ton of sense no question.  Sadly for them a big time DE is not really here in this draft high unless they trade down and get Epenesa or YGM.  And 2nd round passing on stud DT talent like Gallimore would be hard to do.

Hubbard was probably the worst starter on our Offensive line last season, I’m surprised he still on the roster.