2020 7 Round Mock Draft Updated 4/23/20

Ozzy

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why would they do this? Their best offensive player is their Center (Brandon Linder). And he's still in his prime.

I'm not even a Jacksonville fan.

I disagree that their best offensive player is Linder, but true I thought AJ Cann was a free agent this year.  I guess he is not, I considered Biadasz a OG/C so either or and is the only real OG and or interior lineman worth that high of a pick.  That DL has more than a few free agents so might have to go that route for them.  

16. Atlanta  - Javon Kinlaw South Carolina SR DT

Good pick

47. Atlanta  - Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH S

With Neal, Allen and Kazee in the secondary, I don't know if the Falcons see S as a need. They definitely see DL as a need though and adding an EDGE here makes more sense

55. Atlanta (From New England) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU JR RB 

A little high for him, but he fits.

78. Atlanta - Nick Harris Washington SR C

Good pick

110. Atlanta - Devin Duvernay Texas SR WR

Good pick

142. Atlanta - Alton Robinson Syracuse SR DE

Good pick

5 hours ago, bigdog2372 said:

Rounds 1 & 3 just aren't happening. There's almost no chance we draft an early QB or ANY CB. The rest isn't bad.

You think they will resign Jameis?  If not who will be the QB for them?  I think QB is a big need for them unless they are comfortable with a QB throwing 30 INTs a year and give him a new higher paying contract.

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

You on crack if you think K.J. Hamler slides into the 3rd round. Hes guaranteed gonna be taken in the 2nd or higher

In this WR class that is absolutely a possibility.  I would say there are about 10 receivers better than him and then you have the likes of Bryan Edwards, KJ Hill, Claypool, Tyler Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Denzel Mims and Devin Duvernay who any one of them could all be picked over him as well depending on what the team wants.  If a lot of teams want a slot receiver with speed sure but KJ Hill is arguably a much better  slot receiver overall and Devin Duvernay is arguably faster and better after the catch and Mims is arguably a better deep ball threat and Reagor is arguably better all around especially in the return game.

Guys like Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins, Shenault, Bowden and Jefferson are all clearly ahead of him and it is not even a question.  So Hamler dropping would not be that big of a surprise.  Especially if many teams go on a OL run and take up a lot of picks getting those guys instead of receivers.    

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

1st

1. Cincinnati  - Joe Burrow LSU RS SR QB

2nd
33. Cincinnati  - Josh Jones Houston RS SR OT

49. Pittsburgh  - Laviska Shenault Jr. Colorado JR WR
53. Philadelphia  - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma JR OLB
54. Buffalo  - Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR

3rd
65. Cincinnati - David Woodward Utah State RS JR ILB

66. Washington - Tyler Johnson Minnesota SR WR
79. NY Jets - Michael Pittman Jr USC SR WR
82. Dallas - Neville Gallimore Oklahoma RS SR DT
86. Buffalo - Zach Baun Wisconsin RS SR OLB
87. New England - KJ Hamler Penn State RS SOPH

4th
97. Cincinnati - Ross Blacklock TCU RS JR DT

100. NY Jets (From NYG) - Calvin Throckmorton Oregon SR OG/OT
101. Carolina - JR Reed Georgia RS SR S
105. Jacksonville - Patrick Queen LSU JR LB
106. Cleveland - Damon Arnette Ohio State SR CB
108. Tampa Bay - Lloyd Cushenberry LSU JR OG/C
114. Dallas - Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
116. LA Rams -  Troy Dye Oregon SR LB

5th
129. Cincinnati - Nevelle Clarke UCF RS SR CB

132. NY Giants - Donovan People-Jones Michigan JR WR
137. Pittsburgh (From Jacksonville) - Anthony McFarland Maryland RS SOPH RB
144. Raiders -  Rashard Lawrence LSU SR DT
145. Chicago - Anfernee Jennings Alabama RS SR OLB
155. Seattle  - James Proche SMU RS SR WR
156. Baltimore - Calvin Taylor Jr Kentucky RS SR DE/DT

Based on the 1/22 update:

Rd 1: The ONLY choice.
Rd 2: I'd be very happy.  The 3 I have listed under our pick I think go higher than this
Rd 3: Love love love love love this pick.  I don't know if he lasts this long though if he tests well at the combine.  Other options listed below
Rd 4: Don't know much about him.  No way Queen lasts this long, I'd take him here even if we got Woodward in rd 3.  I don't see Cushenberry lasting this long either, he's got some serious helium right now and seems like a sure day 2 pick.
Rd 5: Bengals could use a CB, not sure about this particular dude.  Guys I have listed seem low, but that'll happen every year.

Good job, if it were up to me, i'd barely change it and have:

1. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
  2. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
  3. David Woodward, LB, Utah State
  4. Lloyd Cushenberry, IOL, LSU
  5. Donovan Peoples Jones, WR, Michigan

Ozzy i think you did much better on this newest update for the Falcons.  I like all of the players you gave us better in each round.  The only 1 i would have changed is the WR in the 4th round as i just don't see us drafting one that early and possibly not at all.  I would have went with a LB, CB, or another DE there.   We still gotta find someone to replace Campbell and upgrade him at SLB.  But this is still a much better job for the falcons it's starting to look good bro keep it up.

Ozzy, you love giving Seattle a RB in the 1st this year. Earlier Swift, now Dobbins Seahawk fans would be in a full riot if Seattle took another 1st Round RB.

BUT, im a little more open to it. Dobbins would be fun in Seattle's offense.  

BUT, Carson and Penny are an amazing duo when healthy. Carson finished 5th in rushing playing in essentially 14 games. Penny was averaging almost 6 yards a carry in 2019; put up 250 yards in the two games prior to his injury. That being said, both ended the year on the IR. Carson should be ok (no surgery) but Penny might start 2020 on the PUP. 2019 Rookie Travis Homer probably in a pass blocking-3rd and long role. Dobbins only makes sense if you have no intention of resigning Chris Carson.

IDK If Seattle did take a RB, it will probably be a mid round pick. Honestly, I get the feeling Seattle brings back Lynch, and rolls with Carson, Lynch, Homer and buy low on FA vet until Penny gets back (if he can).

On 1/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, Ozzy said:

You think they will resign Jameis?  If not who will be the QB for them?  I think QB is a big need for them unless they are comfortable with a QB throwing 30 INTs a year and give him a new higher paying contract.

Yes they will resign Jameis. His career avg. for picks (before this season) is closer to 14. Arians' QBs always throw a ton of picks in the first year in the system then drop dramatically the following year. So, he doesn't "throw 30 ints a year" and to believe that that will be the norm going forward just doesn't line up with history and is kind of silly. If he can hold it to around 16 a year and keep the same "good" stats he's going to be really really dangerous. Our problem has been, for a long time, lack of defense (though they came on at the end of the season finally), lack of O-Line, and lack of running game.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:57 AM, Ozzy said:

22. Buffalo  - Mekhi Becton Louisville JR OT

Love this. Can plug him in at RT and if Dawkins doesn't continue to improve we can slide Becton to LT in year 2.

54. Buffalo  - Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR

Can he play outside in the NFL? If so I am all over this.

86. Buffalo - Zach Baun Wisconsin RS SR OLB

Perfect fit for the Bills.

118. Buffalo -  Michael Warren II Cincinnati JR RB

Don't know much about him but I like going RB in the middle rounds.

138. Buffalo (From Cleveland) - Joe Gaziano Northwestern SR DE  

Good choice.

150. Buffalo -  AJ Green Ok State SR CB

I am always in favour of adding to the secondary.