Number of wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Number of wins?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12
    • 13-16

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

He is on his way to the HOF, he is taking the Eli path. Eli completed 52% of his passes in his sophomore year and had a lower rating.

Then again, Eli has a lower career rating than Baker. I'm talking about a surefire first ballot Hall of famer that Baker is faring better than.

Funny post, but if Eli is a HOFer I give up.

Dude was never a top 5 player at his position at any point in his career.  Much of the time not top 10.

Stat compiler who whose two rings mean as much as Robert Horry’s.

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dude was never a top 5 player at his position at any point in his career.  Much of the time not top 10.

He's a Manning though, so I'm guessing he'll eventually get in.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Stat compiler but still top10 all time passes completed, yards, and TDs. 

Also dont know if I call him Robert Horry for those rings. During those 2 SB runs he went 15TDS/2INTs 2000+ yards, avg 63% completion%, avg 99.5 rating. In '07 they entered the playoffs with a top15 offense and top20 defense. In '11 they entered the playoffs with a top10 offense and a top25 defense.

I think he is def worthy of the HoF. He has had a good enough regular season career and post season career to warrent being in the HoF. Now if one of regular season career or post season career was much worse, he prolly wouldnt have a chance of getting in, maybe a long shot if he just had the two ring

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also dont know if I call him Robert Horry for those rings. During those 2 SB runs he went 15TDS/2INTs 2000+ yards, avg 63% completion%, avg 99.5 rating. In '07 they entered the playoffs with a top15 offense and top20 defense. In '11 they entered the playoffs with a top10 offense and a top25 defense.

I think he is def worthy of the HoF. He has had a good enough regular season career and post season career to warrent being in the HoF. Now if one of regular season career or post season career was much worse, he prolly wouldnt have a chance of getting in, maybe a long shot if he just had the two ring

In 2007 Eli had 56% completions in the regular season with 23 TD and 20 INT. He only passed for 3300 yards and had a 73.9 rating, he isn't why they made it to the playoffs even though he had a good playoff run. His regular season was worse than Baker's year last year which wasn't great.

In 2011 he was better in the regular season but still not as good as Baker was as a rookie. So that is puts into perspective something, either Baker is on his way to the hall or Eli probably shouldn't be.

By your criteria if Flacco churned out 5 more years of mediocre regular season football he too would have been a HOF.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

In 2007 Eli had 56% completions in the regular season with 23 TD and 20 INT. He only passed for 3300 yards and had a 73.9 rating, he isn't why they made it to the playoffs even though he had a good playoff run. His regular season was worse than Baker's year last year which wasn't great.

In 2011 he was better in the regular season but still not as good as Baker was as a rookie. So that is puts into perspective something, either Baker is on his way to the hall or Eli probably shouldn't be.

By your criteria if Flacco churned out 5 more years of mediocre regular season football he too would have been a HOF.

Its a marriage of his regular season and postseason. Eli's two superbowls, he had great postseasons runs and was a major factor in them winning. Eli's play and the defense turning it up. He isnt getting in with regular season stats alone or post season stats alone. Flacco would need at least another title as a major contributor to be considered to have a chance at the HoF, that that aint happening. 

He is a manning, he had regular seasons success, he had post season success, and did it in NY. Dude is going to be a hall of famer. 

Baker could be on his way to the HoF. He has an early resume that would only benefit him, Heisman, #1 pick, set rookie QB record. now if he mirrors something like Eli and had an avg to above avg regular season career, for the era he played in and had 2 playoff runs that ended with two superbowls with Cleveland, your darn right he would be considered for the HoF

On 14/05/2020 at 10:21 AM, DaWg_LB. said:

No Skewed and massaged graph with ones interpretations of the numbers, only raw numbers and film.

You haven't grasped the concept of CPOE. 

19 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

So I've used raw numbers to prove that Mayfield is not Josh Allen in terms of accuracy.....

He's almost as accurate as Josh Allen.  Not quite as accurate, but almost.  But at least Josh Allen can make plays with his legs.

It's funny, this time last year you all were putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes.  MVP and playoff talk.  ... Then the season started lol

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

You haven't grasped the concept of CPOE. 

He's almost as accurate as Josh Allen.  Not quite as accurate, but almost.  But at least Josh Allen can make plays with his legs.

It's funny, this time last year you all were putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes.  MVP and playoff talk.  ... Then the season started lol

This time last year you were talking about Barkley being the best RB in the league. He didn’t even lead the state of NY in rushing TDs last year.

um going back to Allen and Baker. Baker has been more accurate than Allen...so...

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Its a marriage of his regular season and postseason. Eli's two superbowls, he had great postseasons runs and was a major factor in them winning. Eli's play and the defense turning it up. He isnt getting in with regular season stats alone or post season stats alone. Flacco would need at least another title as a major contributor to be considered to have a chance at the HoF, that that aint happening. 

He is a manning, he had regular seasons success, he had post season success, and did it in NY. Dude is going to be a hall of famer. 

Baker could be on his way to the HoF. He has an early resume that would only benefit him, Heisman, #1 pick, set rookie QB record. now if he mirrors something like Eli and had an avg to above avg regular season career, for the era he played in and had 2 playoff runs that ended with two superbowls with Cleveland, your darn right he would be considered for the HoF

Most of Eli and Flacco's career they weren't even considered top 10 QBs in the league. Honestly that is all I have to know when voting.

Usually they were borderline top 15 QBs. Sometimes in the 20s.

At their best they were never considered among the best in the league.

If you were never considered one of the best during your playing time how can you be considered one of the best among all eras?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

largely because of rule changes and the evolution of the game.

his numbers look fine on the surface, but middling are best when context is applied.

a bit of hyperbole for sure, but much like Horry he stepped up in big moments (arguably not as often as Horry) despite not being an elite player.

Comparing him to his peers, where does he rank in your mind?

Amongst the older guys, he’s well behind Farve and his brother. Current guys well behind Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Roethlisberger.  Rivers and Ryan are both better imo. Those are the guys he’s going to be compared to and he falls short of all of them imo.

The rings and post season accolades help his cause for sure, but they account for a small sample of his career.  I just don’t see how a guy who was never even debatably a top 5 player at his position gets a HOF jacket.

He’s a poster child for “Hall of Very Good” imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Most of Eli and Flacco's career they weren't even considered top 10 QBs in the league. Honestly that is all I have to know when voting.

Usually they were borderline top 15 QBs. Sometimes in the 20s.

At their best they were never considered among the best in the league.

If you were never considered one of the best during your playing time how can you be considered one of the best among all eras?

We have seen plenty of guys get I because of their post season play and rings. If Eli never won those two titles, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. His super bowls are gonna hold a lot of weight. Not saying he is going to be a first ballot HoF just think eventually he will get in

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

We have seen plenty of guys get I because of their post season play and rings. If Eli never won those two titles, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. His super bowls are gonna hold a lot of weight. Not saying he is going to be a first ballot HoF just think eventually he will get in

Oh I'm not debating whether he will or not I'm debating whether or not he is deserving.

Schedule makers did us a slight favor:

Net Rest Days vs. Opponents:

+10: KC
+9: TEN
+8: BUF, WAS
+7: HOU
+6: CHI, CLE
+5:
+4: NE
+3: BAL, PHI, SF
+2: ATL, LV
+1: DET, IND, LA
0: CAR, DAL, PIT, SEA
-1: ARI. NO
-2: NYJ
-4: NYG
-5: JAX
-6: MIN
-7: MIA
-8: GB, LAC, TB
-9:
-10:
-11: CIN
-12:
-13: DEN

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeSharpeNFL/status/1258551419419807745?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Explanation:

It’s how many days of rest each team has compared to who they’re playing against.

Example: Team X plays on MNF week one. Team Y plays on Sunday week one. They play each other week two, Team X has -1 rest day, Team Y has +1 rest day.

Last year:

+11: DET

+10:

+9: KC, LAC

+8: CAR

+7: ARI, BUF, CHI, TB

+6: DAL

+5: JAX

+4: OAK

+3: LA, WAS

+2:

+1: