Number of wins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Number of wins?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12
    • 13-16

8 hours ago, Gmen said:

He's almost as accurate as Josh Allen.  Not quite as accurate, but almost.  But at least Josh Allen can make plays with his legs.

It's funny, this time last year you all were putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes.  MVP and playoff talk.  ... Then the season started lol

And Sanquon is almost as good as Chubb.  I mean we can play this game all day.  The Giants just picked 4th.  Until you have a better record than the Browns you are discredited.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, Thomas5737 said:

If you were never considered one of the best during your playing time how can you be considered one of the best among all eras?

Longevity box score stuffing stats and, most importantly, rings.

I mean Farve is the all-time interception leader and it's not even close: https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-interceptions

One the reasons I obejcted so strongly to Dorsey and the drunk being so enamoured with Mayfield because he reminded them of Farve.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Longevity box score stuffing stats and, most importantly, rings.

I mean Farve is the all-time interception leader and it's not even close: https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-interceptions

One the reasons I obejcted so strongly to Dorsey and the drunk being so enamoured with Mayfield because he reminded them of Farve.

Favre was 10 times the QB Eli was. Favre had 69 more wins and 5 less losses. He also led the league in yards multiple times and in TDs 3 consecutive years. He led the league in interceptions three times too but so did Eli and he never led the league in any other significant stat. Favre also played a large part of his career before rule changes made passing much easier. Eli rode defenses and running games much of his career. The Packers rode Favre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Favre was 10 times the QB Eli was. Favre had 69 more wins and 5 less losses. He also led the league in yards multiple times and in TDs 3 consecutive years. He led the league in interceptions three times too but so did Eli and he never led the league in any other significant stat.

To add to this, Favre led the league in completion percentage once, yards twice, TD’s 4x and actually at age 40 had the lowest interception percentage in the league. 

The only categories Eli ever led the league in were interceptions 3 times and twice he had the longest completion of the season, which is largely luck and based on situation and the person who caught the pass.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Favre also played a large part of his career before rule changes made passing much easier. Eli rode defenses and running games much of his career. The Packers rode Favre.

Yeah Favre was exponentially better.

-3 times as many Pro Bowls (11 vs 4)

-3 time first team all pro (aka the best QB in the game that season vs 0 for Eli)

-3 time second team all pro vs 0 for Eli.

-3 time league MVP vs 0 for Eli.

-NFL all 90’s team 

Those all show that Brett Favre was at one point the best in the game at both his position and the league if you’d never seen him play.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

If Baker ends up having 90% of the career Favre did he’ll have a statue in front of the stadium. I can’t imagine what about Favre would cause someone to view a comparison to him in a negative way.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, Gmen said:

You haven't grasped the concept of CPOE. 

He's almost as accurate as Josh Allen.  Not quite as accurate, but almost.  But at least Josh Allen can make plays with his legs.

It's funny, this time last year you all were putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes.  MVP and playoff talk.  ... Then the season started lol

1. LOL, I don't normally do this but......first and foremost, I earned a scholarship to play College Football on the way to earning Two Bachelor Degree's (one in Accounting and Business Admin with a Concentration in Finance), which left me money to go and earn a Masters in Computer Information Systems (yep I have the same background as Andrew Berry)....so with your assumption that I haven't grasped the concept of Completion Percentage Over Expectation, is Condescendingly Comical. Being Condescendingly Comical in the wrong setting might offend someone enough to cause a very negative action. I digress....let me explain my knowledge to you (first and last time) the CPOE is a proprietary metric that became popular a few years ago, developed by NextGen stats, which still havent (to my knowledge) exposed their tracking metric inputs, nor the calculation formulas.....So now that you have been fully educated on my background a bit and I have given you a short class on a concept you ASSUMED I haven't grasped.....are you on a littler better footing as far as understanding how comical you sound now youngblood?

I personally prefer to properly weigh the use an interpretation of stat's (CPOE graphs), that we cant even prove how they are derived.

2. And this time last year, "We were ALL putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes" is an idiotic statement that show's you were listening to your little local sports talk radio station and ESPN.......vs coming in here and actually looking at the debates in the Browns Forum....Speaking in absolutes just shows your inexperience, and stating your assumptions as facts show's ignorance and a lack of being able to back up your points with anything other than a graph that you dont even know how its derived, and your opinions. LOL

Nice attempt Tiger......LOL

No need to respond unless you have something concrete to add, prove or debate. I'm kinda done with this back and forth kid....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 3

As crazy as this sounds, I think it’s still better to have Bakers ceiling be Drew Brees. Brees sucked his first 3 years. Brees had a problem with interceptions until 2017 and the Saints focused on running more.

I could be completely wrong, but I think philosophically we should copy them more than any team. They’ve invested most of their 1st round and 2nd round picks on offensive and defensive linemen.

Edited by candyman93

On 5/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Gmen said:

You haven't grasped the concept of CPOE. 

Josh Allen more accurate than Baker Mayfield...*Futurama.gif*

What crazy nonsense are you going to ramble next: Saquon is a better back than Chubb ("but he's great in the flat"...)?

Let's just get down to eggs, turkey: Baker v Jones season stats sig bet.

@Gmen @freakygeniuskid for notary public stamp

On 17/05/2020 at 11:01 AM, DaWg_LB. said:

1. LOL, I don't normally do this but......first and foremost, I earned a scholarship to play College Football on the way to earning Two Bachelor Degree's (one in Accounting and Business Admin with a Concentration in Finance), which left me money to go and earn a Masters in Computer Information Systems (yep I have the same background as Andrew Berry)....so with your assumption that I haven't grasped the concept of Completion Percentage Over Expectation, is Condescendingly Comical. Being Condescendingly Comical in the wrong setting might offend someone enough to cause a very negative action. I digress....let me explain my knowledge to you (first and last time) the CPOE is a proprietary metric that became popular a few years ago, developed by NextGen stats, which still havent (to my knowledge) exposed their tracking metric inputs, nor the calculation formulas.....So now that you have been fully educated on my background a bit and I have given you a short class on a concept you ASSUMED I haven't grasped.....are you on a littler better footing as far as understanding how comical you sound now youngblood?

I personally prefer to properly weigh the use an interpretation of stat's (CPOE graphs), that we cant even prove how they are derived.

2. And this time last year, "We were ALL putting Mayfield up there with Mahomes" is an idiotic statement that show's you were listening to your little local sports talk radio station and ESPN.......vs coming in here and actually looking at the debates in the Browns Forum....Speaking in absolutes just shows your inexperience, and stating your assumptions as facts show's ignorance and a lack of being able to back up your points with anything other than a graph that you dont even know how its derived, and your opinions. LOL

Nice attempt Tiger......LOL

No need to respond unless you have something concrete to add, prove or debate. I'm kinda done with this back and forth kid....

I don't normally do this either, but I have a masters degree in electrical engineering with a specialization in signal processing, and I've worked in machine learning and AI for nearly 10 years now.  So pull your pants back up champ - I'm not particularly impressed.

CPOE isn't a proprietary metric, it's a concept.  Next Gen Stats developed a CPOE model, and they are actually pretty transparent about what information goes into their model.  You can read all about it right here.  But there are other ways to model CPOE, even without tracking data. I've trained my own CPOE model using a neural network using 15 years of data from nflfastR, and I can tell you exactly what features go into my model.  AND I've shown that my model correlates between 90 - 95% over the past four years with Next Gen Stats.  And that was the graph that I posted several pages ago - which clearly did go over your head.

Edited by Gmen

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well fellas, my mom told me I was the smartest kid she’s ever had (if you don’t count my sister) and I have the 4th grade report cards to prove it, so both of you just need to cool your jets.

I was gonna start a reply to Mr. Condescension( @Gmen )with...."no one was attempting to impress you".....but then I remembered......Unless there is football talk, I was done with it a couple day's ago LOL.

I had to add this Edit: Mr. Condescension decided to post where I could read about it (once again assuming I have never read it before LOL) but here is a statement from the Article. (Further proving my point)

"With the help of machine learning based models leveraging Amazon Web Services' Sagemaker platform, Completion Probability is measured using more than 10 different in-play factors collected by Next Gen Stats player-tracking devices. Those inputs include pass air distance (from quarterback to receiver), air yards, the distance between the receiver and the nearest defender, the distance between the quarterback and the nearest pass rusher, the speed of the quarterback at throw, among several other metrics.

Clearly stating "More than 10 different in-play factors"...so does that mean they are using 11 or 30 in-play factors? Not sure...doesn't say, it only say's MORE than 10 in-play factors. Then it goes on to list a total of 5, of the more than 10 in-play factors that go into the equation. So they only listed 50% of these "in-play factors" and that is IF there were only 10 vs more than 10....hmmm sounds completely explained eh?

But my Friend @LETSGOBROWNIES, I shall Heed Thine council.....

Jets....on ice:

tenor.gif?itemid=13737129

ff7e744fe6f727f253d3d1d670997a90.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1