Ryan Pace Presser

Nads786

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And he was the unquestioned starter, was he not? Pace preaches competition competition competition yet the QB spot was clearly won by Trubisky throughout August of 2017, yet Glennon was handed the job. 

This means Trubisky is the starter and they won't bring in *serious* competition for him, unless you think Jordan Love or someone else is *serious* or Case Keenum is *serious*. Nagy has to feel horrendous. His first HC job and maybe his last is going to hinge on arguably the game's worst QB.

Pace is a joke and fully believes in this clown. It's embarrassing. He should be ashamed of himself.

I listened to the interview and didn't get any of that from them. It was all just lawyer speak. Have to see how free agency plays out. 

15 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I listened to the interview and didn't get any of that from them. It was all just lawyer speak. Have to see how free agency plays out. 

How about "we're looking to bring in competition at every position, including QB." Who cares? Trubisky's confidence didn't just skyrocket when he heard what Pace said. It's shot regardless.

I am completely un-disturbed by Pace saying nothing either way about Mitch.  They were always going to keep him around and they gain _nothing_ by trashing or praising him right now.  If it's September and they still have Daniel and Bray on board, then I worry... I feel they're brining in competition from either or both FA and the draft.

The Shaheen comments though...  And are they really bringing back this coaching staff in it's current configuration? That is when I'm going to freak out. 

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

How about "we're looking to bring in competition at every position, including QB." Who cares? Trubisky's confidence didn't just skyrocket when he heard what Pace said. It's shot regardless.

They also didn't say they were picking up his 5th year option. If they were completely sold on him that wouldn't even be a question. They aren't going to die with him next year if he stinks. They know the lack of patience ownership has at this stage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why is everyone's argument "they weren't going to trash him!" No one expected that but what would've been so difficult about "Mitch needs to be better and he knows that. We'll look at improving every position and if an opportunity arises to improve that spot, we will.:

He basically did say this, but he also said that he's seen enough to keep Mitch as the starter.

Overall there were a lot of contradictory statements. The main thing I came away with is a total lack of trust in what Pace says.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

They also didn't say they were picking up his 5th year option. If they were completely sold on him that wouldn't even be a question. They aren't going to die with him next year if he stinks. They know the lack of patience ownership has at this stage. 

They may also be open to the possibility of trading him. There's no way they could cast a lot of doubt on Mitch if they want to move him. 

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They may also be open to the possibility of trading him. There's no way they could cast a lot of doubt on Mitch if they want to move him. 

"Hey this is Ryan Pace. Did you have any extra facemasks laying around? We'll send you Mitch Trubisky in return."

"HAHAHAHAHA I wouldn't trade anything for that bum."

27 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

The most disturbing part to me was the Leonard Floyd love. He does everything well except get to the QB. I'd rather have an OLB who doesn't drop into coverage well but can get to the QB. 

He said they're going to exercise the 5th year option, too.

29 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He basically did say this, but he also said that he's seen enough to keep Mitch as the starter.

Overall there were a lot of contradictory statements. The main thing I came away with is a total lack of trust in what Pace says.

Pace said nothing negative. Nagy said he needs to read coverages better. Neither said anything about bringing in competition which is asinine

45 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

The most disturbing part to me was the Leonard Floyd love. He does everything well except get to the QB. I'd rather have an OLB who doesn't drop into coverage well but can get to the QB. 

A 3-4 defense kinda needs that, yeah...

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

"Hey this is Ryan Pace. Did you have any extra facemasks laying around? We'll send you Mitch Trubisky in return."

"HAHAHAHAHA I wouldn't trade anything for that bum."

I dunno, man. I can easily envision a few scenarios. For example, if I were Ron Rivera, I'd be all over trading Trent Williams for Trubisky.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

BTW, Burton had another surgery, this time on his hip. The "hope" is he and Smith are ready for camp.

Yikes! I had no idea Smith might not be ready for camp. That's really disturbing.