Ryan Pace Presser

Nads786

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

A 3-4 defense kinda needs that, yeah...

I dunno, man. I can easily envision a few scenarios. For example, if I were Ron Rivera, I'd be all over trading Trent Williams for Trubisky.

Yikes! I had no idea Smith might not be ready for camp. That's really disturbing. 

What? The Redskins are going to trade a top 3 LT in football for the 32nd best QB a year after drafting Dwayne Haskins 15th overall? Combine that with the fact that the 2 people Williams hated most have been fired, there's quite literally a 0% chance of that happening.

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, beardown3231 said:

What? The Redskins are going to trade a top 3 LT in football for the 32nd best QB a year after trading up for Dwayne Haskins? Combine that with the fact that the 2 people Williams hated most have been fired, there's quite literally a 0% chance of that happening.

They're going to have to unload Williams for cheap, I think. As in--they don't have much choice. We'll see. Just one possible scenario, anyway. Remember, if Mitch is destined to become a backup, then that's going to happen really soon. Of course, Windy could be right, and Pace is going to stick with Mitch no matter what. Then, he'd just get traded next year. 

37 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Typically I'd say "backlash" but what they did today was embarrassing enough. If that's their plan, I would've just announced it and eaten all of the **** in one sitting.

Yeah they aren't afraid of the PR Backlash. They are aware of what their job security would be if they fail again next year. Our owners are not patient. That's a good thing. Keeps these guys on their toes and doesn't let them dig in for too long. Pace has had no problem jettisoning players that he signed/drafted before. He can do it again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Yeah they aren't afraid of the PR Backlash. They are aware of what their job security would be if they fail again next year. Our owners are not patient. That's a good thing. Keeps these guys on their toes and doesn't let them dig in for too long. Pace has had no problem jettisoning players that he signed/drafted before. He can do it again. 

I think Trubisky is different from other players that Pace has drafted though. The only reasons I can see for steadfast commitment to MT are that Pace's job is on the line or that Pace is truly infatuated with him and can't look past his obvious flaws.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What? The Redskins are going to trade a top 3 LT in football for the 32nd best QB a year after drafting Dwayne Haskins 15th overall? Combine that with the fact that the 2 people Williams hated most have been fired, there's quite literally a 0% chance of that happening.

I'd still try trading Floyd for him and then negotiating from there.

I wouldn't bet on being able to get a deal done but maybe they like the younger guy who could add versatility to the defense over what they perceive as an aging tackle. They've done dumber things. LOL

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't bet on being able to get a deal done but maybe they like the younger guy who could add versatility to the defense over what they perceive as an aging tackle. They've done dumber things. LOL

Floyd is best suited as 4-3 weak side linebacker. I am all for trading Floyd but the Bears still have to find a replacement with limited draft picks.

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Only believe half of what you see, read, and hear from GM's and coaches around this time of year. There is still a draft coming up.

Well yeah if they can really capitalize by getting phenoms Jordan Love or Jacob Eason or Jake Fromm at #43 next year could be the year!! #fart

What I got from it. I like them both. They see what we all see in Mitch but they feel (for now) that if we upgrade the OL (not just tackle) and TE that will be enough of a benefit. I don't understand the love in Floyd and I feel all of those great traits can be had for a million a season. Not 13.  I seems like we could see us move a contract/player for a pick or to move up with. That's fun. They didn't mention Gabriel when talking about WRs.  Also didn't mention Leno or Haha.  

7 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

I think Trubisky is different from other players that Pace has drafted though. The only reasons I can see for steadfast commitment to MT are that Pace's job is on the line or that Pace is truly infatuated with him and can't look past his obvious flaws.

Let's hope that isn't the case. As a reset looms if it is. 

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Floyd really should be traded for SOMETHING. I still think Williams can be had on the cheap. If it has to be Floyd to get him, so be it. But I think that's unlikely (unless we're talking a broad package, or something). 

5 hours ago, TB 1 said:

Floyd is best suited as 4-3 weak side linebacker. I am all for trading Floyd but the Bears still have to find a replacement with limited draft picks.

Honestly I think Kwiatkoski could do the same job Floyd has had to do for much less. Floyd has been ok but is nothing more than an offball LB. He's much more physical than Floyd at the POA.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Floyd really should be traded for SOMETHING. I still think Williams can be had on the cheap. If it has to be Floyd to get him, so be it. But I think that's unlikely (unless we're talking a broad package, or something). 

Floyd needs to get a return for, absolutely. He isn't worth $13 mil for an offball LB. 

WAS is super stubborn too though, remember the cluster they caused with Cousins. I'm not sure they'd let him walk for even Floyd and a 4th, they may hold him just out of spite as he is post 30 years of age, just to shrink his window further.