Draft Decision Thread - Jake Fromm Thinks He'll Be Drafted High for Some Reason

ramssuperbowl99

On 1/18/2020 at 12:37 PM, PAW said:

Clemson Ohio State next year. Maybe Alabama depending on QB play. But Clemson and Ohio State should be huge favorites heading into the year. 

Alabama has a lot of guys back as well that IMO would have gone early (OT, Harris RB, Smith WR), and while they lose Tua and Jeudy and some other pieces, their defense can't possibly be worse (and I look for them to be REALLY good defensively) and if they get even above average to average QB play next year, I'd look for them to be very close to locks in the CFP.

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Alabama has a lot of guys back as well that IMO would have gone early (OT, Harris RB, Smith WR), and while they lose Tua and Jeudy and some other pieces, their defense can't possibly be worse (and I look for them to be REALLY good defensively) and if they get even above average to average QB play next year, I'd look for them to be very close to locks in the CFP.

Very hard to suggest an SEC team will be a lock for the playoffs. If they played in the ACC and swapped places w/ Clemson, absolutely. Even the BigXII but there's still quite a bit more competition there. I don't disagree they'll be in the mix but w/ Georgia, @ LSU, Auburn, USC (neutral site), it'll be tough. They did only manage to have 4 true away games though.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Very hard to suggest an SEC team will be a lock for the playoffs.

I'll lock Alabama unless they have 2 losses. Historical precedent is on my side. They'll take a 1 loss non division champ Alabama.

If they played in the ACC and swapped places w/ Clemson, absolutely.

You could make that argument for about anyone tbh. Clemson is clearly one of the best 2-3 teams in the nation and has been, but their road is by far the easiest/biggest joke.  They have a gimme to the Final Four every year until the ACC improves.

Even the BigXII but there's still quite a bit more competition there.

I'm an avid Big XII hater and think that they're a conference with a lot of decent teams and no one that's really good/elite.

I don't disagree they'll be in the mix but w/ Georgia,

Lost their QB (Not that Fromm is awesome) and RB and a lot of other pieces.

@ LSU,

Agreed. Death Valley will be SUPER TOUGH, but they've had a LOT of guys declare that I thought would come back (Moss, their LB, etc.)

Auburn,

We'll see how they do.

USC (neutral site), it'll be tough.

I think USC is looking at about a 7-5 season next year, but they're still a Power 5 early in the season, agreed.

They did only manage to have 4 true away games though.

If they lose less than 2 games, they're a lock IMO.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll lock Alabama unless they have 2 losses. Historical precedent is on my side. They'll take a 1 loss non division champ Alabama.

You could make that argument for about anyone tbh. Clemson is clearly one of the best 2-3 teams in the nation and has been, but their road is by far the easiest/biggest joke.  They have a gimme to the Final Four every year until the ACC improves.

I'm an avid Big XII hater and think that they're a conference with a lot of decent teams and no one that's really good/elite.

Lost their QB (Not that Fromm is awesome) and RB and a lot of other pieces.

Agreed. Death Valley will be SUPER TOUGH, but they've had a LOT of guys declare that I thought would come back (Moss, their LB, etc.)

We'll see how they do.

I think USC is looking at about a 7-5 season next year, but they're still a Power 5 early in the season, agreed.

If they lose less than 2 games, they're a lock IMO.

I'm not denying Clemson's talent just the ACC is awful and they have the easiest path of any Power 5 w/o question. While the BigXII does have decent teams (I agree none are stellar) they can be a thorn in team's sides. Best team doesn't always win and I feel the BigXII, if their teams were sprinkled in other conferences, would give people fits ala Texas/LSU last season. That game could've very easily been a win for the team that's always back.

Georgia's classes have been pretty stellar though and they'll get better w/o Fromm. They'll be fine at RB also. There is no denying they lost a lot of people also. They'll be a tough challenge w/ the classes they've had and if not, someone needs canned. QB is the wild card though. We'll see how it goes between Bennett and Mathis.

Those opening games like they have against SC is a wild card. Bama is clearly a better team but first game, who the hell knows.

I don't disagree the committee loves Bama and will take a one-loss, non conference championship team over some but they will need help if that's the case.