Draft Decision Thread - Jake Fromm Thinks He'll Be Drafted High for Some Reason

ramssuperbowl99

On 12/31/2019 at 2:45 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Tua coming back would be just staggering levels of incompetent on the part of his advising team, unless his hip is just totally shredded in which case it's STILL stupid because some team will get duped and pay him at least a few milly on a gamble.

He’s an adult. 

On 12/31/2019 at 11:29 AM, NateDawg said:

Bama really needs Tua back. They lose a lot of people. Dylan Moses also announced he will come back.

Of course we’d welcome him back with open arms but we’re not exactly hurting at QB. Bryce Young is so talented that he might start next season as a true FR.  Personally, I’d like to see Tua go to the next level to showcase his abilities and take care of his family at the same time.  

Just now, thrILL! said:

Of course we’d welcome him back with open arms but we’re not exactly hurting at QB. Bryce Young is so talented that he might start next season as a true FR.  Personally, I’d like to see Tua go to the next level to showcase his abilities and take care of his family at the same time.  

Assuming he doesn't end up in a body cast after his first few games. Dude is ridiculously injury prone. Sucks bc he's a really likeable guy but it is what it is

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Assuming he doesn't end up in a body cast after his first few games. Dude is ridiculously injury prone. Sucks bc he's a really likeable guy but it is what it is

2 high ankle sprains and a freak hip injury doesn’t mean he’s injury prone.  It’s not like he barely got hurt and missed tons of time.  The kid is a warrior. 

20 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

2 high ankle sprains and a freak hip injury doesn’t mean he’s injury prone.  It’s not like he barely got hurt and missed tons of time.  The kid is a warrior. 

You forgot a few

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/10/23/tua-tagovailoa-injury-ankle-surgery-tightrope-alabama-football-qb-timeline/4064454002/

The thing is, when grown men are hitting you, these will become bigger problems especially as he ages. Whether you like it or not, it's a problem

Edited by JTagg7754

34 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

13 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You forgot a few

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/10/23/tua-tagovailoa-injury-ankle-surgery-tightrope-alabama-football-qb-timeline/4064454002/

The thing is, when grown men are hitting you, these will become bigger problems especially as he ages. Whether you like it or not, it's a problem

Tua's injury history reminds me of Stafford's to start his career when everyone thought he was gonna be an injury bust.  More freak injuries than a pattern.

Not like a Will Fuller situation where the dude has multiple soft tissue problems.  

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Tua's injury history reminds me of Stafford's to start his career when everyone thought he was gonna be an injury bust.  More freak injuries than a pattern.

Not like a Will Fuller situation where the dude has multiple soft tissue problems.  

Tua's mobility is a big plus for his game. His hip could really limit that. It also makes him more prone to taking hits. Stafford didn't have that problem being a statue. It could turn out to be nothing, absolutely. It could turn out to be a big something though. IMO, it's too risky for an early pick. I hope he's gone by 12. Dude better start drinking his milk if he hasn't started yet

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Tua's mobility is a big plus for his game. His hip could really limit that. It also makes him more prone to taking hits. Stafford didn't have that problem being a statue. It could turn out to be nothing, absolutely. It could turn out to be a big something though. IMO, it's too risky for an early pick. I hope he's gone by 12. Dude better start drinking his milk if he hasn't started yet

Stafford had shoulder and rib injuries IIRC, including a couple shoulder separations to this throwing shoulder.  Which I would say is more important to his game than mobility is to Tua.  Not insignificant.

We do agree that this could end up being nothing or something.  If medical says the hip is good to go, I'd have no problem with a team drafting him top 5.  Just have to trust the doctors.