Draft Decision Thread - Jake Fromm Thinks He'll Be Drafted High for Some Reason

ramssuperbowl99

38 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You forgot a few

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/10/23/tua-tagovailoa-injury-ankle-surgery-tightrope-alabama-football-qb-timeline/4064454002/

The thing is, when grown men are hitting you, these will become bigger problems especially as he ages. Whether you like it or not, it's a problem

Those others didn’t hinder anything and were very minor.  The kind of injuries all players endure but aren’t shown under a microscope the way they are with star players.  Any injuries could lead to bigger problems for any player.  When I think of injury prone players, I think of players who miss time due to minor injuries.  

He’s had enough serious injuries to warrant coming out imo.  I’m sure the insurance policy on a Sr season would be fat but not like that 1st rd money.  Don’t risk any further major injuries at the collegiate level.  

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Those others didn’t hinder anything and were very minor.  The kind of injuries all players endure but aren’t shown under a microscope the way they are with star players.  Any injuries could lead to bigger problems for any player.  When I think of injury prone players, I think of players who miss time due to minor injuries.  

He’s had enough serious injuries to warrant coming out imo.  I’m sure the insurance policy on a Sr season would be fat but not like that 1st rd money.  Don’t risk any further major injuries at the collegiate level.  

You aren't wrong but do you feel these will continue or just go away?? That's A LOT of injuries in two years of college ball. You can discount it all you'd like but I feel it's a very big red flag, especially the hip. I think he 1000000% needs to come out this year. It'd be so, so stupid of him not to. If it turns out his hip is a problem, at least sign that top 10 rookie deal (where he's likely to be picked) and let the sucker NFL team pay you millions instead of finding out the hip is an issue in college where you won't get a dime.

He's a smart kid. He's coming out. Best of luck to him. He's a likable guy and has talent but his injuries are very, very concerning to me I hope the Raiders are in zero position to draft him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Stafford had shoulder and rib injuries IIRC, including a couple shoulder separations to this throwing shoulder.  Which I would say is more important to his game than mobility is to Tua.  Not insignificant.

We do agree that this could end up being nothing or something.  If medical says the hip is good to go, I'd have no problem with a team drafting him top 5.  Just have to trust the doctors.  

Keep your QB upright and yeah, things are OK lol. I agree that should have been a concern for him as well. Hips are just so damn important for everything. I worry about this kid's quality of life let alone his ability to play the position. You are right, trusting doctors is all we can do. I just don't want to be the team to draft him. Too many question marks for me on a team w/ too many holes and an already serviceable QB.

Would be a horrible decision to return. This is a weaker QB class and Bama is losing all of their stud WRs. Also a good chance he never recovers 100% and then his stock will tank. There is no upside to returning unless he just loves college life that much and is content working a normal job. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They all know each other's decisions. All those Bama kids decided to come back, and they're just waterboarding us with the death of CFB in 2020.

It will be a terrible season for everyone not marrying their cousin if all those guys come back. They have 5-6 first rounders on offense alone that can declare.... plus we need one of their WRs in Vegas.