Draft Decision Thread - Jake Fromm Thinks He'll Be Drafted High for Some Reason

ramssuperbowl99

Things just got bizarre with Alabama LB Dylan Moses:

“We are aware that Mr. Moses has recently given an unadvised commitment to return to the University of Alabama,” the message, attributed to Moses’ father, attorney Edward Moses, stated. “However, under the provisions of the trust, his majesty is not allowed to make unilateral decisions.”

The player’s father began the missive by describing himself as “Trust Protector of the Royal Crown.” In the spring of last year, Moses, the player, obtained a “Loss of Value” insurance policy to protect him in case an injury impacted his draft position.

“We are investigating whether he has a compensable ‘loss of value’ claim against his insurance carrier, Lords of London,” the message continued, presumably referring to Lloyd’s of London. “We also represent his interests during negotiations with the University of Alabama to insure and secure the proper protections for his return back to the University of Alabama’s football team for his senior season.”

Read More: https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/02/dylan-moses-alabama-2020-nfl-draft/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Wut.

As far as I can tell, that roughly means the following:

• Dylan got insurance for loss of draft value if he fell out of the first round through Alabama
  • Dylan tore his ACL, possibly triggering the policy
  • Like an idiot, Dylan tweeted out that he has no intention of declaring for the draft, so he'd have another season of play to either gain some value back, or potentially cause the policy to expire. This would be like having home insurance, losing everything in a house fire, and tweeting, "well I wanted to travel the country in an RV anyway".
  • His dad, who gives himself very weird titles, is trying to un-do the dumbest social media post by a college kid in quite some time

Nick Saban is nowhere to be found, despite him blowing the Aflac duck for the past few years, which is disgraceful.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

"The plaintiff, a lawyer who styles himself both a monarch and a deity, brought claims on behalf of an Indian tribe alleging that [the state of Louisiana and the United States of America] have, among other misdeeds, monopolized 'intergalactic foreign trade.'" And his claims cannot proceed, says the Fifth Circuit.

https://reason.com/2019/12/13/short-circuit-a-roundup-of-recent-federal-court-decisions-32/

Actually the cases is pretty funny because of absurd it is. I'm assuming it's the same guy as his name is Edward Moses Jr.

The guy is a certifiable nutcase

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s fitting a guy who has the letters Sa*an, doesn’t appear to age, has zero care for anyone else, and values money/winnings at all costs coaches down South and wears red.

Moses delivered a statement that won't go over well to an out-of-touch emperor/Pharaoh who has built a monument to himself on slave labor.

Yep I'm prepared to beat this joke into the goddamn ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Moses delivered a statement that won't go over well to an out-of-touch emperor/Pharaoh who has built a monument to himself on slave labor.

Yep I'm prepared to beat this joke into the goddamn ground.

I’m awaiting the 10 plagues as consolation. 

8 minutes ago, mse326 said:

"The plaintiff, a lawyer who styles himself both a monarch and a deity, brought claims on behalf of an Indian tribe alleging that [the state of Louisiana and the United States of America] have, among other misdeeds, monopolized 'intergalactic foreign trade.'" And his claims cannot proceed, says the Fifth Circuit.

https://reason.com/2019/12/13/short-circuit-a-roundup-of-recent-federal-court-decisions-32/

Actually the cases is pretty funny because of absurd it is. I'm assuming it's the same guy as his name is Edward Moses Jr.

The guy is a certifiable nutcase

Overruled. The monarch lawyer god may proceed with opening arguments.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As far as I can tell, that roughly means the following:

• Dylan got insurance for loss of draft value if he fell out of the first round through Alabama
  • Dylan tore his ACL, possibly triggering the policy
  • Like an idiot, Dylan tweeted out that he has no intention of declaring for the draft, so he'd have another season of play to either gain some value back, or potentially cause the policy to expire. This would be like having home insurance, losing everything in a house fire, and tweeting, "well I wanted to travel the country in an RV anyway".
  • His dad, who gives himself very weird titles, is trying to un-do the dumbest social media post by a college kid in quite some time

If Mr Moses just said all that in English that would have been cool.

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If Mr Moses just said all that in English that would have been cool.

I mean we have no idea if he has any type of real case here. The details would be in the policy. And since the lawyer is somewhere between Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen mid 'Tiger Blood', the fact that he's trying to get a settlement doesn't really mean a whole lot.