Draft Decision Thread - Jake Fromm Thinks He'll Be Drafted High for Some Reason

ramssuperbowl99

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Do people still think Fromm is getting drafted high? Who are his people/what are they doing?

whichever team is happy with losing their biggest game of the year is a lock to draft him in the first couple days

you just won't find anyone else who can do that year in year out like jake fromm

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Do people still think Fromm is getting drafted high? Who are his people/what are they doing?

Hopefully not. I told people after last season that the kid is more of a 3rd/4th round pick than a top 10 prospect. He's another A.J. McCarron/Matt Barkley/etc. who got way more hyped than he should have been.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

The question isn't really does he think he'll go high. The question is does he think he can improve his stock with another year. The answer to the latter is probably no, so leaving isn't a big deal.

But congrats UGA

I am definitely happy, don't get me wrong, but he was absolutely given the wrong advice.  He finished the final five games of the regular season completing under 50% of his throws.  And everyone pointed out how inexperienced most of his receivers were to support him, so why did his play- specifically his completion percentage- decline with more games played?  It should be the opposite.  He did play some good defenses in that time frame but even in Kirby's offense, the completion percentage should be higher.  

There has also been no word on Kirby wanting to change up the offense at all, or bringing in any new assistants to try and modernize it, which I think is a mistake.  Two of the biggest turnarounds this year in college football- LSU's offense and Navy's defense- were because the head coaches realized changes needed to be made, and they went out there and added two coaches who could innovate and do new things.  

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Hopefully not. I told people after last season that the kid is more of a 3rd/4th round pick than a top 10 prospect. He's another A.J. McCarron/Matt Barkley/etc. who got way more hyped than he should have been.

Agreed 100% here.  But I also get him going now, especially with no inkling that Kirby is going to modernize the offense.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Agreed 100% here.  But I also get him going now, especially with no inkling that Kirby is going to modernize the offense.  

Kirby modernizing the offense? That'll be the day. Muschamp and Kirby will modernize their offenses on the same day. xD

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Dang Jake. Good luck I guess. Day 3 pick I’d think. Mathis gonna start or what? 

Stetson Bennett is a solid backup but I can't see him winning.  Mathis had brain surgery last May and should have full clearance in the fall.  Carson Beck is a 4* recruit who is already enrolled.  

Jamie Newman from Wake Forest makes a whole lot of sense with how far behind on the curve Mathis is going to be, and Beck just entering college.