Bears part ways with OC, OL, TE and Asst ST coaches

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Everyone's gonna be gone in 2021. Pace had to do this though. Everything's tied to that QB and you can afford one round of coaching scapegoats. 

Everyone on that list truly did deserve to be fired, however.  Helfrich was the only one who I would say might be a "scapegoat", since he wasn't the creator of that offensive scheme and he wasn't the playcaller.  Hopefully whoever Nagy chooses to take over does take over playcalling duties because Nagy is god awful at it.

• Like 1

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Everyone on that list truly did deserve to be fired, however.  Helfrich was the only one who I would say might be a "scapegoat", since he wasn't the creator of that offensive scheme and he wasn't the playcaller.  Hopefully whoever Nagy chooses to take over does take over playcalling duties because Nagy is god awful at it.

Oh, I'm not even speaking to the quality of those coaches. Frankly, I have no idea how to evaluate those guys. They're scapegoats in the sense that the #1 problem won't be addressed because the GM is tied to him, but the front office can usually afford to go through a round of coaches and still keep their jobs. All too common in the NFL. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Weird that Hiestand didn't pan out.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Weird that Hiestand didn't pan out.

I'm pretty shocked as well, but he took the same starting 5 offensive lineman who were one of the best units in the NFL to one that was one of the worst.  There was clearly a bit of an injury bug at RT and RG, but there still was clear regression even when all were healthy.

• Like 1