Dorsey officially fired

hornbybrown

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Great thing is all those contracts Dorsey gave out can be cut with minimal dead cap hit this year and the money can be recoup to a decent amount. 

That’s more or less the norm nowadays.  Unless it’s a superstar or QB, there’s usually an out after 2-3 years.

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wonder if they move Landry and OBJ, yeah their talented but the analytics have to show paying that much money to two WRs and having that kind of investment into that position group when you will be a run heavy team doesn’t make sense. 

How so?  Just because you’re a run first team doesn’t mean you don’t need WR’s.  As long as Landry and OBJ are playing at a high level, why get rid of them? 

I wasn’t a fan of the OBJ trade at the time, but I at least want to see what:

1. A healthy OBJ does for this offense 

2. OBJ and Baker in an offense not being run by a guy who likely gets a sticker from his wife for putting his pants on by himself.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How so?  Just because you’re a run first team doesn’t mean you don’t need WR’s.  As long as Landry and OBJ are playing at a high level, why get rid of them? 

Heck. Minnesota was a heavy run team this year (not super heavy, but heavy) and one of their struggles was not having enough WR help outside of Thielen/Diggs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s more or less the norm nowadays.  Unless it’s a superstar or QB, there’s usually an out after 2-3 years.

I wasn’t a fan of the OBJ trade at the time, but I at least want to see what:

1. A healthy OBJ does for this offense 

2. OBJ and Baker in an offense not being run by a guy who likely gets a sticker from his wife for putting his pants on by himself.

Not saying you don’t need WRs. Just saying you don’t need that much resources dedicate to that. I’m just saying if we are going to be hard analytics, that has to show a red flag there, right?

Also I’m being serious about this. Like can a move like that be made to make a point or stamp on the roster but also save a lot of money and potential gain draft capital 

Edited by buno67

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not saying you don’t need WRs. Just saying you don’t need that much resources dedicate to that. I’m just saying if we are going to be hard analytics, that has to show a red flag there, right?

Also I’m being serious about this. Like can a move like that be made to make a point or stamp on the roster but also save a lot of money and potential gain draft capital 

People will, and should be super pissed if that happens, especially if it backfires.  The nerds will get a ton of backlash (not like they care) but we need to keep our talented players, regardless if that's at a monetary cost to this team.