Tracking the Competition: 2020 NFL Head Coaching & Core Staff Openings

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean...do we even know if Lindley was a bad coach? It's kind of hard to tell if your assistant position coaches suck or not.

He's certainly not someone we need to fight to keep here, but it seems like a reactionary take. Does he have a history of sucking?

rumor mill says hes pretty terrible and unprofessional

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'm almost hoping the Giants save Jimmy from himself by snagging McDaniels.

I know a lot of you guys want him, but I still have serious concerns about his douchebaggery interfering with his leadership.

EXACTLY why I cant rock with that dude.....

Its like if I managed a Corner for Avon Barksdale.....and I'm looking for a new Corner Boy....and there is candidate I feel I can move a Gpack and hour....only problem is, we KNOW he has informed to the Cops before.....

I mean, he may be a solid performer, but how could we trust it?

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

WRONG MUTHA *$#(@‘f

srry.

I'm glad I was....

Tepper was always going to fall hard for someone .... can't believe it's to the tune of 8.5 million a year.. but Rhule's a great program/culture builder hire...

Now, we get the chance to see the Haslam's choose between all their choices.... 

They can't convince people that McDaniels was highly coveted by other teams....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I'm almost hoping the Giants save Jimmy from himself by snagging McDaniels.

I know a lot of you guys want him, but I still have serious concerns about his douchebaggery interfering with his leadership.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Like 1

I'n still hoping for a Stefanski/Berry/Depodesta trio, though it's looking like it's McDaniels' job to lose at this point.

But, IMO, this whole thing played out perfectly for us. Rivera and McCarthy had serious red flags despite their "winner" history. The Giants basically hired the first guy willing to work with Gettleman. And while Rhule is a GREAT choice for Carolina, he's a program builder and I think we wanted someone with NFL coordinator experience minimum. I am perfectly happy with the remaining options. Now we just need to get it right. Either go with the Stef/Ber/Depo trio, or go full McDaniels (O'Connell, Schwartz, and whichever NE personnel guy he can pull for the FO).

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'n still hoping for a Stefanski/Berry/Depodesta trio, though it's looking like it's McDaniels' job to lose at this point.

But, IMO, this whole thing played out perfectly for us. Rivera and McCarthy had serious red flags despite their "winner" history. The Giants basically hired the first guy willing to work with Gettleman. And while Rhule is a GREAT choice for Carolina, he's a program builder and I think we wanted someone with NFL coordinator experience minimum. I am perfectly happy with the remaining options. Now we just need to get it right. Either go with the Stef/Ber/Depo trio, or go full McDaniels (O'Connell, Schwartz, and whichever NE personnel guy he can pull for the FO).

I'm with you.  Not shedding any tears on missing out on the guys already hired.

This really isn't that hard.  We are just masters at finding new and creative ways to jack it up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hearing rumors that Daboll and Schwartz were interviewed more so for DC and OC positions

how would you feel about

HC McDaniels

OC Daboll

DC Schwartz

Bills won’t let DaBoll go unless like Schwartz his contract is up who also wouldn’t normally be a option as DC.

but that would be a great staff

• Like 1