2020 - Inside the Locker

VigilantZombie

Welcome to Inside the Locker!

Your ultimate source for Breaking News, Live League Updates, Rumors, Interviews, Hot Takes, Opinionative Articles, Scheduling news and Much more.

You'll hear from People like New York Mike, Eagles Pete, and Wes Williams.

Edited by wwhickok

Wes Williams sits down with TCMD creator @ny92mike to ask the hard questions!

When did you first start doing GM mocks?

I first joined a mock draft as the GM in 2001 in the about.com football forum.  I managed my first mock draft using Microsoft Excel the following year.  I would create these basic excel workbooks that I’d update each week and resend them out to everyone.   

Why did you start TCMD?

The branding of the name, NFL Total Control, started the first year I managed one in the about.com forum, a buddy of mine came up with the name and I’ve been using it ever since.  The guys in this forum shortened the name to TCMD, to resemble the FFMD name.    

Was there a goal in mind when you first started running them on Footballs Future in 2014?

The forum mock draft is what landed me in this forum.  It had been several years since doing a mock draft and the concept of having each sub forum participate was very appealing to me.  I joined that first year I believe as a member of the staff, but after helping manage it in 2014 I felt that with my knowledge and dedication that it could be improved.  After coming to the realization that making what I felt would be improvements were not welcome, I decided to start managing my own mock draft.  So I guess my goal was to provide the forum with what I perceived as a quality mock draft.

What keeps you doing them every year?

I love doing this stuff and with the creation of google sheets, it has allowed me to build these workbooks beyond anything I ever thought possible. 

What do you feel sets TCMD apart from other GM Mocks like BDL and FFMD?

I’d say my use of workbooks.  It allows me to manage a massive project of this caliber with minimal staff.  So it’s allowed me to expand how elements like the free agency are structured.  Both of these other mocks use multiple types of free agency to get the job done and force you into a box of which players can be targeted and when.  It creates issues with adequately being able to game plan, as you conduct bidding wars, where at the end of the day, the team with the most capital is landing the target.  What I along with the help of several others have created is a single UFA system that allows you to bid on any player you want regardless of positon or talent level.  This opens up the entire free agency allowing teams to bid on who they want, when they want so rosters are filled with players so much faster than in these other systems.  When you have 32 teams bidding on a handful of players, it leaves so many out of the loop.   

BDL or FFMD, which one is the second best GM mock? Yep you gotta pick one.

I’d say FFMD, both of these are structured very similar to each other in how the off season is conducted, particularly the free agency.  If I remember correctly, someone from BDL said they got the idea from FFMD years ago.  Both unfortunately create too much drama for my liking but the idea of the entire forum being able to participate in has always been an attractive concept.  The other issue I have with these two mocks is the 100% democratic process where everything requires a vote.  This process leaves the door open for the system to become corrupted, in my opinion.  It prevents growth and leaves loopholes open year round.

What are the biggest challenges of running the Single Season TCMD?

As I expand the tcmd model it requires more time and commitment.  So finding help is always a challenge.  I get it though, most have learned real quick not to volunteer to help because I’ll drive them crazy looking for their feedback on suggestions to make improvements.  The other challenge would be finding excel formulas that work for what I’m doing.  Each workbook I create probably contains around upwards of 10,000 formulas and any mistake not caught before the release requires hours of additional time.  

Are there any new features or changes to the structure of TCMD that you'd like to let potential GMs know about?

Yes…Probably the two biggest changes are the guidelines allow members to release and trade more players.  In the past, the only players you could trade were the ones original to your roster at the start of the mock.  Releasing players were also limited.  The concept behind it was to prevent teams from signing a bunch of players in fa or via trade only to turn around and trade them.  I still consider this “gaming the system” but with the ability of looking at the future salary cap these strict rules are not really needed any longer.  It also opens the door for some relive for making the wrong move early on and being stuck with it.

The other notable change is with bidding on free agents.  The guidelines provide more detailed information but when making a multiyear offer on a player each subsequent year had to fall within 30% of the previous year, to limit severe back loading on contracts.  Again, calculating future salary cap will limit this but the new rule allows the second year of the subsequent rule is 140% after that it goes back to the 30% rule.  This is to account for how most irl contracts are structured where the first year base salary is much lower due to the signing bonuses being paid in full at the beginning of the season as they are only prorated for the books.  In addition to this, members will now know if the player that they are bidding on is being targeted by another team.  No amount of actual team name will be listed, so I still consider this a blind bidding system. 

What do you feel will be the biggest obstacle for GMs?

Reading the guidelines…haha…I laugh but it’s so true.  They are packed with important information and probably contain a ruling on any question you might have but they are rarely read.

Is it difficult to find GMs each season?

It didn’t use to be, but you guys always seem to surprise me.  However, with the rise of the “mafia” role playing game, members just don’t have the time to commit their 100% attention to these football related things.  Go figure…football forum and some would rather play dungeon and dragons.

I mean retention is everything with these mocks, so creating a system that people don't feel cheated or consider fair across the board is a must.  You gotta listen to your members because without them you've got nothing.

What does it mean to you personally that so many people keep coming back to be involved in TCMD every year?

It’s awesome; it tells me that I’m doing something right.  It’s always nice to be appreciated when you put this amount of time and energy into something.  Those that know me know that I’m always working on this stuff.  As a disabled veteran that no longer works it’s very important to my health that I stay busy doing stuff and these mock drafts are a tremendous lift for me.  So having you guys continue to sign up each year is always great to see.

What would you say to people who have been around the site and might have interest but have remained unsure about trying out TCMD thus far?

Please don’t let these workbooks and lengthy guidelines keep you from joining.  I’ve gone to great lengths along with the help of many others to build you what I consider the best mock draft this forum has to offer.

Is there anything that you think keeps people from joining TCMD?

I think most have a fear of the workbooks or when they see the amount of information packed into the guidelines.  Just wish I could show them that while these workbooks probably look terrifying at first glance, they really are fairly easy to navigate after taking a few minutes to look them over.  I’m fortunate enough to have Members of TCMD that are more than willing to help out the new guys.

There isn’t much I can do about the lengthy guidelines but just to understand that the guidelines are created to remove potential loopholes and structured to mirror the actual CBA where possible.  Most of the workbooks are structured to actual keep you working from within the guidelines.  So when you read about which players or how contracts are created using various criteria the workbooks are set up to prevent you from deviating from these criteria.

What don't you like about other comparable GM Mocks around Footballs Future?

The goddamn drama for one, some of these mocks that I’ve participated in over the years, not just this forum seem to surround themselves with unnecessary drama.  To the point I think they actually like it.  Not what I’d expect in a predominately male driven forum, no disrespect to you ladies. 

I’m also big on structure, not to be confused with power.  Many of these mocks will have guidelines that haven’t been updated in months, so each year there is a big debate on what the rules are or they exist of a couple pages where members spend half the time asking questions.

I’ve spent a lot of time working out the kinks with the forethought of making it enjoyable for everyone.

There are a lot of elements to TCMD. You use workbooks to operate the league essentially. Care to expand upon what they are, how they work, the advantages of using them, and what parts of the league they are used for?

The use of these workbooks allow me to do things that most mocks can’t touch in terms of managing 32 team rosters and all the transactions that encompass an offseason.  I’d be lost without them.  Over the years, I’ve expanded upon them by creating workbooks designed to help making the general manager’s job easier.  A quick example of what using MS Excel based workbooks can do to the free agency process; both FFMD and BDL uses what they call a “Shark Tank” to sign some of the lessor talented players in free agency.  I’m personally not a fan of the open auction style system but nonetheless.  Using these workbooks allowed BDL to increase the number of players signed from under 50 to over 130 for a 16 team league.

TCMD’s free agency design during the early bidding rounds average about 70 per round, at the end of the off season 472 of the 668 bids placed were awarded a team.

This is just one of the many things that utilizing the workbooks can do.

You mentioned blind bidding and Round-Based Free agency limits, would you mind describing these in more detail?  How do they work? Why did you implement them?

The System - In creating the free agency system, my goal was to provide a fair process for bidding without the need to overcomplicate it with subjective opinions and the need for lengthy sales pitches to determine which team was awarded the player.  In order to achieve this goal, the system as we knew it had to be completely remodeled.  In doing so, I put a lot of focus on how this new structure would create the following:

• A real presence of game planning 
  • Available to everyone 
  • The turnaround time
  • Simplifying the award process
  • Creating a fair market value
  • “Unrestricted” means unrestricted

It also needed to be a process that everyone, regardless of their available cap or positional needs could get involved in without having to wait until their targets became available.  I also didn’t believe in the need to break the free agency into tiers of talent or based on positions.  No team need is identical to everyone else's so why structure it as such?  Familiar terminology to this forum such as “Talent Agency”, “Shark Tank”, “Pitches” and “agents” were removed and replaced with new language that completely restructured the way the free agency is conducted.  “Bidding Rounds”, “Reserve Bidding”, “Triggers” and “Highest offer” are just a few of the new terms being used to create this style of free agency.  

This unrestricted free agency process is based on the concept of “blind bidding”, meaning all bids are hidden.  Forcing you to make your first offer, your best offer, which is more consistent with the NFL.  Bidding wars simply take away from your team's ability to adequately game plan by dragging out the process.  This system uses one free agency, where all unrestricted free agents are housed and the bidding is open to any of those free agents regardless of the level of talent or position.  

We have another structure in place that allows teams to resign their players yet it still allows them to test the open market of the free agency.  It’s called; “Reserve Bidding” which allows the General Managers to build a contract that remains hidden from view and is only introduced into the awarding process if certain triggers are applied.  The largest benefit to this concept is that it allows more bidding options for teams to bid on the players and positions of their choosing, providing a higher sense of game planning.    

In addition, we understand that no one member acting as a “player’s agent” can accurately set the market, therefore we don’t use “agents” to set the market but rather a player grading system is used to determine the player’s Expected Average per Year (APY).  Using PFF player grades and/or a system I created.  This grading system creates a minimum contract value that the free agent is willing to accept.  Should this value be less than the current APY value of the player, the higher value is used.  In conjunction with the Expected APY figure, a similar system is used for both signing bonus and length of contract.  The expected contract length or CL is designed to prevent a team from offering long term deals to players that are nearing retirement age.  The greater the amount of guarantees offered the greater the chances of being awarded the player. 

The Net Present Value or NPV formula is used to determine the contract offers true value and determines which team has bid the highest offer.  This removes any objections by GM’s caused by “agent” favoritism or subjective opinions and reduces it down to a single figure to determine highest bid.

It’s a tried and tested method that works extremely well.

Some people who have had experience with other mocks might suggest what they lack is structured rules to maintain competitive balance. In other words in some ways they are designed to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Would you say to people about TCMD in terms of its competitive balance? 

I try very hard to prevent bias opinions from getting ahold of the structure of my mock.  My previous response to how the free agency is created within tcmd, this was one of the bullets.  If creating a structure that is only designed for the teams with real money we leave out so many.  This FA structure allows even the teams with very little cap to be active during the bulk of the mock draft.   

Most mocks have sort or forum drama. How do you handle these situations?

Drama is usually created when a team or member believes that the fairness of either part or the entire process is against them.  I’ve spent countless hours along with the help of others to structure the guidelines to ensure the process is fair.  Creating structure within the mock does remove most of the complaints and I think just listening to your members and creating ways to resolve their complaints goes a long ways to removing drama.     

What is your personal favorite stage of the GM Mock process?

I love the free agency.  It’s like Christmas waiting to see which players you’ll be awarded or not awarded.  The speed of this process really allows you to game plan your next move, and the number of acquired players added is great enough that you can literally watch your team build in a matter of a week.  By FA bidding round 4 you have the heart of your team built and looking forward to the draft.

What would you say to people in closing to encourage them to sign up?

What the hell else are you planning during the offseason, if it’s better?...let me know so I can join.

In closing, I'd like to thank you all for joining and look forward to seeing you all back this year along wit

When did you first start doing GM mocks?

I first joined a mock draft as the GM in 2001 in the about.com football forum.  I managed my first mock draft using Microsoft Excel the following year.  I would create these basic excel workbooks that I’d update each week and resend them out to everyone.   

Why did you start TCMD?

The branding of the name, NFL Total Control, started the first year I managed one in the about.com forum, a buddy of mine came up with the name and I’ve been using it ever since.  The guys in this forum shortened the name to TCMD, to resemble the FFMD name.    

Was there a goal in mind when you first started running them on Footballs Future in 2014?

The forum mock draft is what landed me in this forum.  It had been several years since doing a mock draft and the concept of having each sub forum participate was very appealing to me.  I joined that first year I believe as a member of the staff, but after helping manage it in 2014 I felt that with my knowledge and dedication that it could be improved.  After coming to the realization that making what I felt would be improvements were not welcome, I decided to start managing my own mock draft.  So I guess my goal was to provide the forum with what I perceived as a quality mock draft.

What keeps you doing them every year?

I love doing this stuff and with the creation of google sheets, it has allowed me to build these workbooks beyond anything I ever thought possible. 

What do you feel sets TCMD apart from other GM Mocks like BDL and FFMD?

I’d say my use of workbooks.  It allows me to manage a massive project of this caliber with minimal staff.  So it’s allowed me to expand how elements like the free agency are structured.  Both of these other mocks use multiple types of free agency to get the job done and force you into a box of which players can be targeted and when.  It creates issues with adequately being able to game plan, as you conduct bidding wars, where at the end of the day, the team with the most capital is landing the target.  What I along with the help of several others have created is a single UFA system that allows you to bid on any player you want regardless of positon or talent level.  This opens up the entire free agency allowing teams to bid on who they want, when they want so rosters are filled with players so much faster than in these other systems.  When you have 32 teams bidding on a handful of players, it leaves so many out of the loop.   

BDL or FFMD, which one is the second best GM mock? Yep you gotta pick one.

I’d say FFMD, both of these are structured very similar to each other in how the off season is conducted, particularly the free agency.  If I remember correctly, someone from BDL said they got the idea from FFMD years ago.  Both unfortunately create too much drama for my liking but the idea of the entire forum being able to participate in has always been an attractive concept.  The other issue I have with these two mocks is the 100% democratic process where everything requires a vote.  This process leaves the door open for the system to become corrupted, in my opinion.  It prevents growth and leaves loopholes open year round.

What are the biggest challenges of running the Single Season TCMD?

As I expand the tcmd model it requires more time and commitment.  So finding help is always a challenge.  I get it though, most have learned real quick not to volunteer to help because I’ll drive them crazy looking for their feedback on suggestions to make improvements.  The other challenge would be finding excel formulas that work for what I’m doing.  Each workbook I create probably contains around upwards of 10,000 formulas and any mistake not caught before the release requires hours of additional time.  

Are there any new features or changes to the structure of TCMD that you'd like to let potential GMs know about?

Yes…Probably the two biggest changes are the guidelines allow members to release and trade more players.  In the past, the only players you could trade were the ones original to your roster at the start of the mock.  Releasing players were also limited.  The concept behind it was to prevent teams from signing a bunch of players in fa or via trade only to turn around and trade them.  I still consider this “gaming the system” but with the ability of looking at the future salary cap these strict rules are not really needed any longer.  It also opens the door for some relive for making the wrong move early on and being stuck with it.

The other notable change is with bidding on free agents.  The guidelines provide more detailed information but when making a multiyear offer on a player each subsequent year had to fall within 30% of the previous year, to limit severe back loading on contracts.  Again, calculating future salary cap will limit this but the new rule allows the second year of the subsequent rule is 140% after that it goes back to the 30% rule.  This is to account for how most irl contracts are structured where the first year base salary is much lower due to the signing bonuses being paid in full at the beginning of the season as they are only prorated for the books.  In addition to this, members will now know if the player that they are bidding on is being targeted by another team.  No amount of actual team name will be listed, so I still consider this a blind bidding system. 

What do you feel will be the biggest obstacle for GMs?

Reading the guidelines…haha…I laugh but it’s so true.  They are packed with important information and probably contain a ruling on any question you might have but they are rarely read.

Is it difficult to find GMs each season?

It didn’t use to be, but you guys always seem to surprise me.  However, with the rise of the “mafia” role playing game, members just don’t have the time to commit their 100% attention to these football related things.  Go figure…football forum and some would rather play dungeon and dragons.

I mean retention is everything with these mocks, so creating a system that people don't feel cheated or consider fair across the board is a must.  You gotta listen to your members because without them you've got nothing.

What does it mean to you personally that so many people keep coming back to be involved in TCMD every year?

It’s awesome; it tells me that I’m doing something right.  It’s always nice to be appreciated when you put this amount of time and energy into something.  Those that know me know that I’m always working on this stuff.  As a disabled veteran that no longer works it’s very important to my health that I stay busy doing stuff and these mock drafts are a tremendous lift for me.  So having you guys continue to sign up each year is always great to see.

What would you say to people who have been around the site and might have interest but have remained unsure about trying out TCMD thus far?

Please don’t let these workbooks and lengthy guidelines keep you from joining.  I’ve gone to great lengths along with the help of many others to build you what I consider the best mock draft this forum has to offer.

Is there anything that you think keeps people from joining TCMD?

I think most have a fear of the workbooks or when they see the amount of information packed into the guidelines.  Just wish I could show them that while these workbooks probably look terrifying at first glance, they really are fairly easy to navigate after taking a few minutes to look them over.  I’m fortunate enough to have Members of TCMD that are more than willing to help out the new guys.

There isn’t much I can do about the lengthy guidelines but just to understand that the guidelines are created to remove potential loopholes and structured to mirror the actual CBA where possible.  Most of the workbooks are structured to actual keep you working from within the guidelines.  So when you read about which players or how contracts are created using various criteria the workbooks are set up to prevent you from deviating from these criteria.

What don't you like about other comparable GM Mocks around Footballs Future?

The goddamn drama for one, some of these mocks that I’ve participated in over the years, not just this forum seem to surround themselves with unnecessary drama.  To the point I think they actually like it.  Not what I’d expect in a predominately male driven forum, no disrespect to you ladies. 

I’m also big on structure, not to be confused with power.  Many of these mocks will have guidelines that haven’t been updated in months, so each year there is a big debate on what the rules are or they exist of a couple pages where members spend half the time asking questions.

I’ve spent a lot of time working out the kinks with the forethought of making it enjoyable for everyone.

There are a lot of elements to TCMD. You use workbooks to operate the league essentially. Care to expand upon what they are, how they work, the advantages of using them, and what parts of the league they are used for?

The use of these workbooks allow me to do things that most mocks can’t touch in terms of managing 32 team rosters and all the transactions that encompass an offseason.  I’d be lost without them.  Over the years, I’ve expanded upon them by creating workbooks designed to help making the general manager’s job easier.  A quick example of what using MS Excel based workbooks can do to the free agency process; both FFMD and BDL uses what they call a “Shark Tank” to sign some of the lessor talented players in free agency.  I’m personally not a fan of the open auction style system but nonetheless.  Using these workbooks allowed BDL to increase the number of players signed from under 50 to over 130 for a 16 team league.

TCMD’s free agency design during the early bidding rounds average about 70 per round, at the end of the off season 472 of the 668 bids placed were awarded a team.

This is just one of the many things that utilizing the workbooks can do.

You mentioned blind bidding and Round-Based Free agency limits, would you mind describing these in more detail?  How do they work? Why did you implement them?

The System - In creating the free agency system, my goal was to provide a fair process for bidding without the need to overcomplicate it with subjective opinions and the need for lengthy sales pitches to determine which team was awarded the player.  In order to achieve this goal, the system as we knew it had to be completely remodeled.  In doing so, I put a lot of focus on how this new structure would create the following:

A real presence of game planning 
Available to everyone 
The turnaround time
Simplifying the award process
Creating a fair market value
“Unrestricted” means unrestricted
It also needed to be a process that everyone, regardless of their available cap or positional needs could get involved in without having to wait until their targets became available.  I also didn’t believe in the need to break the free agency into tiers of talent or based on positions.  No team need is identical to everyone else's so why structure it as such?  Familiar terminology to this forum such as “Talent Agency”, “Shark Tank”, “Pitches” and “agents” were removed and replaced with new language that completely restructured the way the free agency is conducted.  “Bidding Rounds”, “Reserve Bidding”, “Triggers” and “Highest offer” are just a few of the new terms being used to create this style of free agency.  

This unrestricted free agency process is based on the concept of “blind bidding”, meaning all bids are hidden.  Forcing you to make your first offer, your best offer, which is more consistent with the NFL.  Bidding wars simply take away from your team's ability to adequately game plan by dragging out the process.  This system uses one free agency, where all unrestricted free agents are housed and the bidding is open to any of those free agents regardless of the level of talent or position.  

We have another structure in place that allows teams to resign their players yet it still allows them to test the open market of the free agency.  It’s called; “Reserve Bidding” which allows the General Managers to build a contract that remains hidden from view and is only introduced into the awarding process if certain triggers are applied.  The largest benefit to this concept is that it allows more bidding options for teams to bid on the players and positions of their choosing, providing a higher sense of game planning.    

In addition, we understand that no one member acting as a “player’s agent” can accurately set the market, therefore we don’t use “agents” to set the market but rather a player grading system is used to determine the player’s Expected Average per Year (APY).  Using PFF player grades and/or a system I created.  This grading system creates a minimum contract value that the free agent is willing to accept.  Should this value be less than the current APY value of the player, the higher value is used.  In conjunction with the Expected APY figure, a similar system is used for both signing bonus and length of contract.  The expected contract length or CL is designed to prevent a team from offering long term deals to players that are nearing retirement age.  The greater the amount of guarantees offered the greater the chances of being awarded the player. 

The Net Present Value or NPV formula is used to determine the contract offers true value and determines which team has bid the highest offer.  This removes any objections by GM’s caused by “agent” favoritism or subjective opinions and reduces it down to a single figure to determine highest bid.

It’s a tried and tested method that works extremely well.

Some people who have had experience with other mocks might suggest what they lack is structured rules to maintain competitive balance. In other words in some ways they are designed to keep the rich rich and the poor poor. Would you say to people about TCMD in terms of its competitive balance? 

I try very hard to prevent bias opinions from getting ahold of the structure of my mock.  My previous response to how the free agency is created within tcmd, this was one of the bullets.  If creating a structure that is only designed for the teams with real money we leave out so many.  This FA structure allows even the teams with very little cap to be active during the bulk of the mock draft.   

Most mocks have sort or forum drama. How do you handle these situations?

Drama is usually created when a team or member believes that the fairness of either part or the entire process is against them.  I’ve spent countless hours along with the help of others to structure the guidelines to ensure the process is fair.  Creating structure within the mock does remove most of the complaints and I think just listening to your members and creating ways to resolve their complaints goes a long ways to removing drama.     

What is your personal favorite stage of the GM Mock process?

I love the free agency.  It’s like Christmas waiting to see which players you’ll be awarded or not awarded.  The speed of this process really allows you to game plan your next move, and the number of acquired players added is great enough that you can literally watch your team build in a matter of a week.  By FA bidding round 4 you have the heart of your team built and looking forward to the draft.

What would you say to people in closing to encourage them to sign up?

What the hell else are you planning during the offseason, if it’s better?...let me know so I can join.

In closing, I'd like to thank you all for joining and look forward to seeing you all back this year along with some new faces, can't wait.

#WesWilliamsTCMD

• Like 2

NFL Total Control® 2020

GM Mock Draft Schedule

For those not familiar with TCMD, we break events into phases and rounds to provide structure to the mock and keeps it from becoming overly complicated.  It also allows General Managers the ability to focus on individual tasks which promotes better game planning.  

TCMD Start Date:  Mon, Feb. 3rd @ 12pm (noon)

Transactions that you are allowed to do regardless which phase we are in.

• Waiver Wire- Open for the duration of the mock draft.

• Held in waivers for 48 hrs 

• Restructure/ Standard Extension

• You can post these transactions at any time, with the exception of tagged extensions.

• Once I notify you the transaction is pulled from your private team roster workbook (WB) you can create the next one.

• Release and Trading players

Phase 1

NEW RULE:  Due to the need to pull contract data early, players that have received a contract extension irl that isn’t showing up on your active roster can opt to retain the player at the cost of the players irl extension cost.

• Contract Extension (see above New Rule)

• ERFA Designation Deadline - Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

• RFA Tender Designation Deadline -  Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

• Franchise/Transition Tag Deadline -  Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sat, Feb. 8th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Sat, Feb 8th @ 11pm

• Note:  1st round announcement may exceed 11pm

Phase 2

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract(s)

• Deadline to have offer sheet bids completed - Mon, Feb 10th @ 9pm

• Match or Decline - Wed, Feb 12th @ 10pm.

• GM’s can submit extensions to tagged players after Match/Decline deadline.

• Can release or trade tagged or tendered players for less value after deadline.

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 10pm

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 10pm

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 10pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 10pm

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 10pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

• Reserve Bid Trigger requirement is removed

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 10pm

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

• Tues, March 3rd @ 10am est.

• 40 minutes allotted for each pick in all 7 rounds.

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (70% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, March 4th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, March 4th @ 10pm

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (80% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, March 6th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, March 6th @ 10pm

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (90% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, March 8th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Sun, March 8th @ 10pm

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tue, March 10th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Tue, March 10th @ 10pm

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Thur, March 12th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Thur, March 12th @ 10pm

Phase 4

• UDFA will be available the day after the draft concludes.  It will continue for 3 days.

Phase 5

• TCMD General Manager Awards.

Edited by ny92mike

Amendment to Phase 1 to include the following.

NEW RULE:  Due to the need to pull contract data early, players that have received a contract extension irl that isn’t showing up on your active roster can opt to retain the player at the cost of the players irl extension cost.

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Collective_Bargaining_Agreement

"Signed in 2011, the current CBA is set to expire after the 2020 campaign, but both the NFL and NFLPA have previously expressed an eagerness to strike a deal before the start of the 2019 season."

Wes Williams Reports: Confirmed this evening with The League Office, the current NFL CBA is and will remain in place through the 2020 season at which time it will reach its expiration.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Wes Williams Reports: Confirmed this evening with The League Office, the current NFL CBA is and will remain in place through the 2020 season at which time it will reach its expiration.

@LuckyNumber11 @Techbert @Jlash @nayad @PR @FRock24 @sparky151 @cortes02 @D82 @BowserBroncos @winitall @squire12 @jch1911 @Counselor @Trojan @samsel23 @TedLavie @wwhickok @jrry32 @mountainpd @MikeT14 @whodatOL @Deadpulse @YogiBiz @KingOfTheDot @DTMW78 @EaglesPeteC @Cbrunn @Justone2 @Juan7637 @rackcs @bcb1213 @mike23md

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Am I missing something? We already knew the current CBA expired after the season. This piece isn't saying there won't be a new CBA at some point.

25 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Am I missing something? We already knew the current CBA expired after the season. This piece isn't saying there won't be a new CBA at some point.

There is some confusion I guess when you mentioned the the two tags a few days ago.  What I'm reading is that the current CBA agreement doesn't expire until after this upcoming 2020 season, so the league is still under the CBA agreement during this upcoming season.

EPC TWEETS THE DEETS! 

@morbidlyobeeseAdamShefter

The Browns are reportedly shopping star WR Odell Beckham Jr just one year after trading for him #nobodywantsthisdiva

@IanRappaportsUndecendedTesticle

In a shocking piece of news, my sources tell me the Bengals are not locked into no.1 overall, and has been negotiating with several teams. #NoBurrow

@cyborgJayGlazer

My sources out of Houston tell me that the Texans are shopping WR Will Fuller for help on the defense #FullerofCrap

@thefreakishlygiantearsofAndrewScilliano

Xavian Howard will be out of Miami when the league year opens. Several teams have reached out to the Dolphins about him and the Fins are motivated to move him. #tanking

@morbidlyobeeseAdamSchefter

A few pieces of news out of Denver, expect Justin Simmons to get hit with the franchise tag and for Denver to be very active in the trade market. #MileHighChanges

@IanRappaportsUndecendedTesticle

The Eagles are apparently done playing around at CB. They have aggressivly reached out to several team about top CB’s including the Patriots, Lions, Jaguars, Chargers and Dolphins. They have a deal in place ready to go when the league year starts #donewithDarby

@cyborgJayGlazer

The Colts Gm told me quote “I am lubed up and ready to make all the trade babies. Please PM me with all the trade offers” #readytotrade

@thefreakishlygiantearsofAndrewScilliano

The Chargers are looking to clean house and rebuild this year. They are actively shopping several star older players and are really interested in moving down in the draft. #theyareeventradingSanDiego

• Like 3

On 1/1/2020 at 12:49 PM, ny92mike said:

NFL Total Control® 2020

GM Mock Draft Schedule

For those not familiar with TCMD, we break events into phases and rounds to provide structure to the mock and keeps it from becoming overly complicated.  It also allows General Managers the ability to focus on individual tasks which promotes better game planning.  

TCMD Start Date:  Mon, Feb. 3rd @ 12pm (noon)

Transactions that you are allowed to do regardless which phase we are in.

• Waiver Wire- Open for the duration of the mock draft.

• Held in waivers for 48 hrs 

• Restructure/ Standard Extension

• You can post these transactions at any time, with the exception of tagged extensions.

• Once I notify you the transaction is pulled from your private team roster workbook (WB) you can create the next one.

• Release and Trading players

Phase 1

• ERFA Designation Deadline - Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

• RFA Tender Designation Deadline -  Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

• Franchise/Transition Tag Deadline -  Fri, Feb. 7th @ 11pm

Round 1 Free Agent Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sat, Feb. 8th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Sat, Feb 8th @ 11pm

• Note:  1st round announcement may exceed 11pm

Phase 2

• Tender Offer Sheet Contract(s)

• Deadline to have offer sheet bids completed - Mon, Feb 10th @ 9pm

• Match or Decline - Wed, Feb 12th @ 10pm.

• GM’s can submit extensions to tagged players after Match/Decline deadline.

• Can release or trade tagged or tendered players for less value after deadline.

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, Feb. 13th @ 10pm

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sun, Feb. 16th @ 10pm

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Feb. 19th @ 10pm

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sat, Feb. 22nd @ 10pm

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Tues, Feb. 25th @ 10pm

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

• Reserve Bid Trigger requirement is removed

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, Feb. 28th @ 10pm

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

• Tues, March 3rd @ 10am est.

• 40 minutes allotted for each pick in all 7 rounds.

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (70% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, March 4th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, March 4th @ 10pm

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (80% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Fri, March 6th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Fri, March 6th @ 10pm

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (90% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, March 8th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results - Sun, March 8th @ 10pm

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tue, March 10th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Tue, March 10th @ 10pm

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min/1 year contract)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Thur, March 12th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Thur, March 12th @ 10pm

Phase 4

• UDFA will be available the day after the draft concludes.  It will continue for 3 days.

Phase 5

• TCMD General Manager Awards.

Is there a league calander we can devise to look at what needs to be done, what is due and ensure that we don't miss those types of alerts?