2020 - Inside the Locker

VigilantZombie

Big Winner!

@YogiBiz of the New York Giants will be awarded 500K to the club as carry over money for being the only team to exactly predict the final score of tonight's game.  

Team Team Abbr. General Manager Hyperlinks Asst. GM Winning Team Win Score Losing Team Loss Score Totals
Jacksonville Jaguars JAC @Trojan   KC 52 SF 49 101
Cleveland Browns CLE @cortes02   KC 41 SF 38 79
New Orleans Saints NO @whodatOL   KC 38 SF 24 62
Seattle Seahawks SEA @Juan7637   KC 38 SF 34 72
New York Jets NYJ @KingOfTheDot   KC 35 SF 24 59
Cincinnati Bengals CIN @sparky151   KC 35 SF 31 66
Minnesota Vikings MIN @MikeT14   SF 35 KC 31 66
San Francisco 49ers SF @Justone2   SF 34 KC 21 55
Arizona Cardinals ARI @LuckyNumber11   SF 34 KC 24 58
Los Angeles Rams LAR @jrry32   KC 34 SF 24 58
Green Bay Packers GB @squire12   KC 34 SF 27 61
Baltimore Ravens BAL @ravens5520   SF 34 KC 28 62
Detroit Lions DET @winitall   SF 34 KC 31 65
Washington Redskins WAS @mike23md   KC 33 SF 28 61
Miami Dolphins MIA @mountainpd   SF 31 KC 20 51
New York Giants NYG @YogiBiz @ny92mike KC 31 SF 20 51
Houston Texans HOU @jch1911   SF 31 KC 24 55
Los Angeles Chargers LAC @wwhickok   KC 31 SF 26 57
Kansas City Chiefs KC @samsel23 @TedLavie KC 31 SF 27 58
New England Patriots NE @Deadpulse   SF 31 KC 29 60
Pittsburgh Steelers PIT @Cbrunn   KC 28 SF 17 45
Chicago Bears CHI @BowserBroncos   KC 28 SF 21 49
Las Vegas Raiders LVR @DTMW78   SF 27 KC 24 51
Philadelphia Eagles PHI @EaglesPeteC   KC 27 SF 24 51
Buffalo Bills BUF @nayad   SF 27 KC 26 53
Carolina Panthers CAR @PR   SF 24 KC 21 45
Tennessee Titans TEN @bcb1213   SF 24 KC 23 47
Denver Broncos DEN @BowserBroncos @FRock24 KC 17 SF 10 27
Atlanta Falcons ATL @Techbert           0
Dallas Cowboys DAL @D82           0
Indianapolis Colts IND @Counselor           0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers TB @rackcs           0

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Big Winner!

@YogiBiz of the New York Giants will be awarded 500K to the club as carry over money for being the only team to exactly predict the final score of tonight's game.  

Team Team Abbr. General Manager Hyperlinks Asst. GM Winning Team Win Score Losing Team Loss Score Totals
Jacksonville Jaguars JAC @Trojan   KC 52 SF 49 101
Cleveland Browns CLE @cortes02   KC 41 SF 38 79
New Orleans Saints NO @whodatOL   KC 38 SF 24 62
Seattle Seahawks SEA @Juan7637   KC 38 SF 34 72
New York Jets NYJ @KingOfTheDot   KC 35 SF 24 59
Cincinnati Bengals CIN @sparky151   KC 35 SF 31 66
Minnesota Vikings MIN @MikeT14   SF 35 KC 31 66
San Francisco 49ers SF @Justone2   SF 34 KC 21 55
Arizona Cardinals ARI @LuckyNumber11   SF 34 KC 24 58
Los Angeles Rams LAR @jrry32   KC 34 SF 24 58
Green Bay Packers GB @squire12   KC 34 SF 27 61
Baltimore Ravens BAL @ravens5520   SF 34 KC 28 62
Detroit Lions DET @winitall   SF 34 KC 31 65
Washington Redskins WAS @mike23md   KC 33 SF 28 61
Miami Dolphins MIA @mountainpd   SF 31 KC 20 51
New York Giants NYG @YogiBiz @ny92mike KC 31 SF 20 51
Houston Texans HOU @jch1911   SF 31 KC 24 55
Los Angeles Chargers LAC @wwhickok   KC 31 SF 26 57
Kansas City Chiefs KC @samsel23 @TedLavie KC 31 SF 27 58
New England Patriots NE @Deadpulse   SF 31 KC 29 60
Pittsburgh Steelers PIT @Cbrunn   KC 28 SF 17 45
Chicago Bears CHI @BowserBroncos   KC 28 SF 21 49
Las Vegas Raiders LVR @DTMW78   SF 27 KC 24 51
Philadelphia Eagles PHI @EaglesPeteC   KC 27 SF 24 51
Buffalo Bills BUF @nayad   SF 27 KC 26 53
Carolina Panthers CAR @PR   SF 24 KC 21 45
Tennessee Titans TEN @bcb1213   SF 24 KC 23 47
Denver Broncos DEN @BowserBroncos @FRock24 KC 17 SF 10 27
Atlanta Falcons ATL @Techbert           0
Dallas Cowboys DAL @D82           0
Indianapolis Colts IND @Counselor           0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers TB @rackcs           0

giphy.gif

• Like 2

@morbidlyobeeseadamschefter

The early word out of the free agent QB market is incredibly slow. Big name QB's like Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton and Ryan Tannehill are getting little to no interest on the market so far.

@ianrappaportsundecendedtesticle

Expect Teddy Bridgewater to get a pretty big deal when free agency opens. Several teams appear to be interested him to be their starting QB.

@cyborgjayglazer

I have been told by Amari Cooper's representatives that they can't help but be disappointed in the lack of interest so far. In the matter of the fact, the WR free agent market might be incredibly slow with the focus on the incredibly deep WR class in the draft

@andrewscillianosgiantears

It seems that the hottest offensive position by far will be the offensive line tomorrow. I overheard Jack Conklin's agent from three states away and he is expecting to be a very happy man tomorrow.

In general, teams seem to be willing to spend up on defense over offense tomorrow. Especially pass rushers. Jadeveon Clowney, Shaquille Barrett and Matt Judon will have no shortage of suitors I am told. 

Teams are lining up at Jarran Reed and Javon Hargraves door when it comes to help at defensive tackle

@cyborgJayGlazer

Corey Littleton seems to be the apple of the eye of those willing to spend up in the LB market.

The defensive backs are going to be a popular group tomorrow. Several players tell me their phones are ringing off the hook. I am told it won't take long at all for Byron Jones, James Bradbury, Vonn Bell and Sean Davis to find a team.

• Like 5

FREE AGENCY UPDATE

There is a ton of activity going on in the free agency.  A day before the deadline, I'm seeing 137 pending contracts.  32% of those will be outbid if clubs don't increase their offers.  This should make some of you very nervous as the deadline approaches.

• Like 4

FREE AGENCY NEWS

Still waiting on one team to get above the red...not gonna say any names but I will post a clue.

giphy.gif

and if that clue isn't enough here is another.

giphy.gif

Inside the Locker is reporting two teams haven't done anything leading up to free agency and continue to be quiet.  Expect to see other general managers taking advantage of this as they swoop in to steal players from both the Buffalo Bills and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

145 and counting offers have been submitted and just shy of $500,000,000 million for the first year of these massive contracts, but not all of these contracts will be accepted.

Also worth noting that both the League Office and the trade thread will be closing in 30 minutes.  

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF@nayad Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB@rackcs Tennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md 

46 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

FREE AGENCY NEWS

Still waiting on one team to get above the red...not gonna say any names but I will post a clue.

giphy.gif

and if that clue isn't enough here is another.

giphy.gif

Inside the Locker is reporting two teams haven't done anything leading up to free agency and continue to be quiet.  Expect to see other general managers taking advantage of this as they swoop in to steal players from both the Buffalo Bills and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

145 and counting offers have been submitted and just shy of $500,000,000 million for the first year of these massive contracts, but not all of these contracts will be accepted.

Also worth noting that both the League Office and the trade thread will be closing in 30 minutes.  

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF@nayad Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB@rackcs Tennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md 

Sliding in at the last minute drunk and taking out the trash cans (jealous.btw) ...New England is back in the hunt after releasing prized linebacker D. Hightower.  I'm sure he would have loved to received an offer tonight but he'll have to wait until round two.

• Like 1

I am hearing that the CB market is going to be booming tomorrow. Most of the bigger names will be looking to find homes and big contracts including Darquez Dennard, Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson and Janoris Jenkins.

My sources tell me that the Bucs, who have been silent  in free agency so far, will be resigning QB Jameis Winston. It will be interesting to see how long this contract will be and if they are committed to him in the long term or just as a short term bridge.

@cyborgjayglazer

The Vikings are "all in" on the early CB market in the draft. They have been calling lots of teams trying to position themselves to move up in the draft.

The newly released David Johnson have garnered some interest from the Atlanta Falcons who released Devonta Freeman earlier this offseason. It will remain to be seen if they can come to an agreement on a price.

The Bucs will reportedly "aggressively" pursue former Patriots S Devin McCourty in round 2. They really want that veteran presence to steady their defensive backfield 

@cyborgjayglazer

All is quiet on the Jason Pierre Paul and the Kyle Van Noy front. From what I am hearing, both players are asking for too much money and teams are not willing to pay.

@ianrapaportsundecendedtesticle

A few interesting names that have many teams vying for their services are DT A'Shawn Robinson and WR Tajae Sharpe

Newly released LB Donta Hightower will find a new home tomorrow.

• Like 7

LIONS AND GIANTS SHARE VALENTINE GIFTS...AGAIN.

giphy.gif

After trading solid players in Dalvin Tomlinson, Evan Engram, Lorenzo Carter and pick 98 along with next years 2nd rounder for star receiver Kenny Golladay the two teams meet again.

The Giants have just now traded next years 1st rounder along with the 4th overall pick this year along with Mr. Irrelevant (pick 256) in exchange for left tackle Taylor Decker, overall pick 20, keeping the team in the first round in addition to pick 106.

FREE AGENCY NEWS

Today is the day and with over 60 million in available funds the Indianapolis Colts continue to remain silent this week on who they are targeting.  Reports are coming in that they have not contacted a single agent this week.

From last night to now the total amount projected to be spent this week in free agency has jumped an additional 50 million, reaching nearly 360 million.  Down from the massive 500 million from last week but teams are willing to pay as talent is still present in the open market.

The volume of projected signings is a tick down from last nights review but still standing strong at 67%....meaning that 70% of the offers from teams will land those targets.

There is also a greater volume of same player targets from last night's report of 14 is now up to 24.

FINAL FREE AGENCY UPDATE

The final minutes we've seen the overall spending increase to 364 million up 20 million from earlier today and as more money pours in the award percentage has dropped 5% from 70% to 65%.

Players and their agents are struggling with which team they'll ultimately sign with but one thing is for certain they are signing, roughly 111 players will be leaving the open market.

Per Wes Williams

According to team Sources, DE Joey Bosa who was involved in recent trade talks was a major catalyst behind the signing of Shilque Calhoun and Quinten Jefferson citing the scheme versatility they would provide. 

In the early stages it's at least an interesting defense to follow with up and coming talent being added.

The form does require an email address, but it will not be shared by me to anyone for any reason.  This just allows you to receive a copy of your answers as well as a link back so that you can edit or add to your answers.  If you would rather not use the form, tag myself or @wwhickok and we will send you the questions formatted so that we can easily carry it over to the forum.

The form is set up so that you can return to it and edit or add addition information or complete the questions.

Click Here>>>> General Manager Form Interview Questions

Click Here >>>> To view the interviews

Inside the Locker got a chance to sit down with a few general managers this week and this is what they had to say.

Baltimore Ravens
Timestamp
2/14/2020 14:46:19
Team Name
Baltimore Ravens
Forum Name
@ravens5520
Veteran or Rookie?
Veteran
Which transaction did your team make that you were most excited about?
Gerald McCoy & Adding Alshon Jeffrey for Lamar’s much needed veteran presence for the offense. Both players balance both sides of the ball. Our front 3 is top of the line followed by how balanced our passing attach is. Alshon - Vet/Route runner and savvy player.. Snead - Slot... Marquise Brown - Speed, speed and speed.
If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, what was the reasoning behind it? Was the value you received in return worth it?

If you were a hot dog and you were starving, would you eat yourself? Cannibalism just how far would you go to survive?

In your opinion, what was the best transaction your team made this offseason?
Not over paying round 1 for Judon. Snuck out a cheap deal for at 5 APY for a player that will see a minimum of 8-12 Mill APY.
In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?

What were your offseason goals heading into this mock draft? Have you accomplished those goals?

Which transaction are you been most proud of?
Stocking up on mid round selections so far.. Sitting with 5-6 picks between rounds 3-5. No one specific deal besides the ones already mentioned above.
In your opinion, who was "the player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?
Haven’t lost many, but the ones that i have were no big losses. Depth guys such as Ronald Darby. Attempted a 1 year prove it deal, but the Lions or Titans secured a 2 year deal for about the same APY.
Are there any particular qualities or traits you're looking for in your draft prospects?
All about being a Raven! There is a culture created and you just know when the fit is right.
Stocking up on mid round selections so far.. Sitting with 5-6 picks between rounds 3-5. No one specific deal besides the ones already mentioned above.
Many free agent signings, trades, and draft selections were made this offseason. What were some of your favorite splash moves made by other teams? Why?
Low key i believe the Giants have done well. I wasn’t happy seeing them part ways with Engram and Dalvin Tomlinson as they opened holes. They have rebounded nicely adding Kenny Golladay, re-sign Golden and Taylor Decker LT. Few other pieces added that i cant recall. Overall good moves and they still find themselves with a 1st round selection.
Tell us a joke that you think is funny.

Which team do you think has improved the most? If you feel it's your team, tell us why.

If you could choose one superpower, what would it be?
Thor‘s powers... Wield the big hammer. Good times
Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at a bargain. In your opinion, what was the best value move that occurred this off-season?
Suppose I haven’t looked deep enough into all the signings at this time. There have been some steals as people were expecting bidding wars and nothing came of it. Luck found some owners
What player were you most disappointed in that you wasn’t able to land a contract on during free agency?

What team do you think has had the worst offseason? Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, or transactions that killed their cap for this year or the future?

Were you good with the amount of free agents that are signed each round of bidding?
Yes
If you could change one thing about TCMD, either in the guidelines or workbooks what would that be?
As a newer member to the Mock I’m fairly impressed all around. Takes a lot to run these. I’ve ran similar mocks years ago and was running all spreadsheets with a bidding system. What a pain those days were, but i had a very successful mock draft with free agency. So i cant imagine the effort into this one. Nothing I’d change or add currently.

Denver Broncos
Timestamp
2/14/2020 14:37:30
Team Name
Denver Broncos
Forum Name
@BowserBroncos
Veteran or Rookie?
Veteran
Byron Jones and James Bradberry coming together.
If you traded or released any fan favorite or big name talent, what was the reasoning behind it? Was the value you received in return worth it?

If you were a hot dog and you were starving, would you eat yourself? Cannibalism just how far would you go to survive?

Blake Marinez, that was a very good price.
In your opinion, who was "the one player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?

What were your offseason goals heading into this mock draft? Have you accomplished those goals?

Adding Byron Jones to this defense.
In your opinion, who was "the player that got away" from you in Free Agency, either by failing to make an offer early enough or simply being outbid by another team?
Shelby Harris
Are there any particular qualities or traits you're looking for in your draft prospects?
Speedy and hability to make clutch plays.
Adding Byron Jones to this defense.
Many free agent signings, trades, and draft selections were made this offseason. What were some of your favorite splash moves made by other teams? Why?
Tom Brady to Chicago. Father time got to him, but he can win that 7th right in the Windy City

Which team do you think has improved the most? If you feel it's your team, tell us why.

Go back in time.
Sometimes talent is overlooked and acquired at a bargain. In your opinion, what was the best value move that occurred this off-season?
I need to get back with you on that after checking all signings so far.
What player were you most disappointed in that you wasn’t able to land a contract on during free agency?

What team do you think has had the worst offseason? Whether it was caused from overspending in the open market, poor trading, or transactions that killed their cap for this year or the future?

Were you good with the amount of free agents that are signed each round of bidding?
Yes
If you could change one thing about TCMD, either in the guidelines or workbooks what would that be?
I rather not have a editable roster sheets. Not that I'm lazy I just can't seem to match the caps on those two roster sheets

Tennessee Titans
Timestamp
2/14/2020 14:34:52
Team Name
Tennessee Titans
Forum Name
@bcb1213
Veteran or Rookie?
Veteran
We resigned Derrick Henry and Gabe him and Adoree Jackson long teem deals. While, for this mock, that hurts what we can do. We thought it beneficial for us the franchise

As far as free agency, we were tickled to land Cam Newton. We believe he is the perfect fit for this offense

Naming me as GM
Jack Conklin was someone we wanted to retain but the price was just too high so we brought back Dennis Kelly who did a stand up job while Conklin was out
The ability to not suck
Naming me as GM
Pretending they can beat the titans in 2020 because that's laughable

Control people's minds obviously
Again not paying attention to others but I'm pleased we got Darby on the cheap

Yes
More boobs

Washington Redskins
Timestamp
2/14/2020 15:22:07
Team Name
Washington Redskins
Forum Name
@mike23md
Veteran or Rookie?
Veteran
More or less, it was the acquisition of more picks due to the need for gutting the roster, and adding more youth in certain areas of weakness along the depth chart.

Signing Kendal Fuller and trading for Leonard Floyd. I think that Jack Del Rio is going to great things for this defense and Fuller is a special talent. Floyd and Sweat are expected to both have double digit sacks this season. I like the team I have put together for Rivera and we should be competitive.

Trading for Hayden Hurst. I thought it was a fair trade an he is a talented TE. Reed can't roll over in bed without getting a concussion, so it was time for him to retire and get healthy.
I have not lost a bid. I have a lot of cap room, but I knew who I wanted to target and made sure I was a little above the asking price for my targets. I
Maturity and leadership on and off the field. Mistakes happen, and I can forgive them so long as they learn from them. But consistent mistakes are not a good quality trait.
Trading for Hayden Hurst. I thought it was a fair trade an he is a talented TE. Reed can't roll over in bed without getting a concussion, so it was time for him to retire and get healthy.
I liked the Bears signing Tom Brady.

United States

Yes
I absolutely loved when FFMD had the agents for players in free agency and GM's had to submit an offer to the agent and the agent picked their team. It was a bit more realistic. But right now, I am fine with how things are.

FEEDBACK FORM - Please complete when you have a few minutes.

FEEDBACK RESPONSES

Arizona CardinalsARI@LuckyNumber11 Atlanta FalconsATL @EaglesPeteC  Baltimore RavensBAL@ravens5520 Buffalo BillsBUF @squire12 Carolina PanthersCAR@PR Chicago BearsCHI @BowserBroncos  Cincinnati BengalsCIN@sparky151 Cleveland BrownsCLE@cortes02 Dallas CowboysDAL@D82 Denver BroncosDEN@BowserBroncos@FRock24Detroit LionsDET@winitall Green Bay PackersGB@squire12 Houston TexansHOU@jch1911 Indianapolis ColtsIND@Counselor Jacksonville JaguarsJAC@Trojan Kansas City ChiefsKC@samsel23@TedLavieLos Angeles ChargersLAC@wwhickok Los Angeles RamsLAR@jrry32@yoinesh123Miami DolphinsMIA@mountainpd Minnesota VikingsMIN@MikeT14 New Orleans SaintsNO@whodatOL New England PatriotsNE@Deadpulse New York GiantsNYG@YogiBiz@ny92mikeNew York JetsNYJ@KingOfTheDot Las Vegas RaidersLVR@DTMW78 Philadelphia EaglesPHI@EaglesPeteC Pittsburgh SteelersPIT@Cbrunn San Francisco 49ersSF@Justone2 Seattle SeahawksSEA@Juan7637 Tampa Bay BuccaneersTB @whodatOLTennessee TitansTEN@bcb1213 Washington RedskinsWAS@mike23md