Free Agency

Cory Littleton - 4 years, $55M | Contract comp: Kwon Alexander

Anthony Harris - 4 years, $40M | Contract comp: Adrian Amos 

Gerald McCoy - 2 years, $16M | Contract comp: Nkdamukong Suh

Marcus Mariota - 2 year, $12M | Contract comp: Tyrod Taylor 

Ending Cap: $20.8M 

Draft

12 - Henry Ruggs III | WR | Alabama

We've lacked a dynamic WR since Amari Cooper's departure and Ruggs has the potential to be one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL.

19 - Paulson Adebo | CB | Stanford

Big, physical, athletic CB with tremendous ball skills and as much upside as any corner in the class. 

80 - Jacob Phillips | LB | LSU

Big, athletic LB that can play in space and should be a day one starter. 

81 - Brandon Jones | S | Texas

Versatile safety with upside who will be a major upgrade over Curtis Riley. 

90 - Najee Harris | RB | Alabama

Big versatile running back that can catch the ball out of the backfield and provide a powerful backup behind Jacobs. 

111 - Jordyn Brooks | LB | Texas Tech

An athletic linebacker with upside as a guy that can play in coverage due to his experience there in the Big XII. 

203 - McTelvin Agim | DT | Arkansas 

Has the physical tools to be an effective interior pass rusher but just hasn't put it all together, a project player on the DL. 

Depth Chart

Offense (25) 

QB - Derek Carr | Marcus Mariota 

RB - Josh Jacobs | Najee Harris | Jalen Richard

FB - Alec Ingold 

WR - Henry Ruggs III  | Zay Jones | Rico Gafford 

WR - Tyrell Williams | Hunter Renfrow | Keelan Doss

TE - Darren Waller | Foster Moreau | Derrick Carrier

LT - Kolton Miller | David Sharpe 

LG - Richie Incognito | Jordan Devey 

C - Rodney Hudson | Andre James 

RG - Gabe Jackson | Denzelle Good

RT - Trent Brown | Brandon Parker 

Defense (25)

DE - Maxx Crosby | Dion Jordan | Josh Mauro 

DT - Gerald McCoy | Mo Hurst 

DT - Jonathan Hankins | PJ Hall | McTelvin Agim 

DE - Clelin Ferrell | Arden Key 

LB - Cory Littleton | Jordyn Brooks 

LB - Jacob Phillips | Nicolas Morrow | Will Compton  

CB - Travyon Mullen | Isaiah Johnson 

CB - Paulson Adebo | Nevin Lawson 

CB -  LaMarcus Joyner | Keseian Nixon

SS - Jonathan Abrams | Eric Harris  

FS - Anthony Harris | Brandon Jones 

Special Teams (3) 

- Daniel Carlson 

P - AJ Cole

LS - Andrew Seig 

I don't see Harris as a major upgrade to KoJo. I'd rather resign KoJo. 

I see Kizer as better then Mariota. 

Would rather spend BIG on a 3T like Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, Leo Williams then get the shell.of Gerald McCoy. Or Draft Kinlaw. 

I don't know much about Adebo yet. But if Diggs is there at 19 I would love him. 

I love Ruggs, Phillips, Jones, Harris, and Brooks. 

16 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't see Harris as a major upgrade to KoJo. I'd rather resign KoJo. 

I see Kizer as better then Mariota. 

Would rather spend BIG on a 3T like Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, Leo Williams then get the shell.of Gerald McCoy. Or Draft Kinlaw. 

I don't know much about Adebo yet. But if Diggs is there at 19 I would love him. 

I love Ruggs, Phillips, Jones, Harris, and Brooks. 

Anthony Harris played at an All-Pro level this season, has elite ball skills at safety, has more range than Joseph, and is bigger than KJ. He's without a doubt a major upgrade over Joseph who is just an average player at best. 

Mariota has more winning seasons as a starting quarterback than Derek Carr. 76/44 TD/INT ratio, ton of experience with 60+ starts, etc. Kizer couldn't even beat out Mike Glennon to be QB2 here and has never shown he can be a starting caliber player. 

We wouldn't have the money to pay Littleton, Harris and a big-time 3T unless we cut someone else. 

I'm just starting to learn more about Adebo and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the class. He seems like a Mayock guy.

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s a good job I’d keep Whitehead over Compton and morrow

draft is ok but needs a qb in there

oh and I’m keeping Joseph too

You save $6.25M cutting him and we'd be replacing him with a very good veteran and a young LB that can cover/play in space. We'll only have two linebackers on the field most of the time anyway so we'd be paying him a ton to be a backup. Morrow is okay as a backup, Compton can play spot duty/special teams, and Brooks should be able to rotate in too. With that group we'd have the most athletic LB core the franchise has seen in over a decade, Whitehead doesn't add much to that group. 

Why do we need a QB with the addition of Mariota? We'll still have Carr and a high-end #2 guy. We shouldn't just take a QB to take one, if we want a developmental guy we can continue to work with Peterman or Kizer as QB3. 

Harris is a major upgrade over Joseph and Jones/Harris is an excellent backup safety duo with Joyner having the ability to play there too. Don't really see how Joseph fits into the equation with that group.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Anthony Harris played at an All-Pro level this season, has elite ball skills at safety, has more range than Joseph, and is bigger than KJ. He's without a doubt a major upgrade over Joseph who is just an average player at best. 

Mariota has more winning seasons as a starting quarterback than Derek Carr. 76/44 TD/INT ratio, ton of experience with 60+ starts, etc. Kizer couldn't even beat out Mike Glennon to be QB2 here and has never shown he can be a starting caliber player. 

We wouldn't have the money to pay Littleton, Harris and a big-time 3T unless we cut someone else. 

I'm just starting to learn more about Adebo and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the class. He seems like a Mayock guy.

I don't agree with you on Harris but I don't have enough of an opinion on Harris, to have a solid discussion in the subject. But I do think KoJo hasn't been used correctly his entire career, on NFL Network when we drafted him Mayock said he was ideal for an Earl Thomas role. He has always been forced into a more traditional SS role. Which is why we drafted Abrams to play that traditional SS role and move KoJo to play a FS role in the mold of Earl Thomas.

Mariota has no arm strength whatsoever. That's a hard pass for me, I never thought he or Jameis were legit NFL QBs coming out. 

Restructure Carr, Brown and Joyner reverting base salary to bonuses and we clear a ton of space. We do it every year clearing cap space if we need. 

Yeah that video you posted about his interview he does sound like a Grudock type of guy

Edited by OG_C2X

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't agree with you on Harris but I don't have enough of an opinion on Harris, to have a solid discussion in the subject.

Harris led the league in interceptions, only allowed 11 receptions all season, and graded out as PFF's third-best safety in 2019. He's the real deal. And Mayock brought in Abram to replace Joseph, it's been rumored for a while that Gruden wasn't a huge fan of his. 

I'm not a huge fan of the defense. The cornerback group seems as weak, if not weaker, than at the start of this past season. Paulsen Adebo is not a player I'd want to field against the Chiefs. He seems to lack deep speed which was the issue with Worley. And I am not confident in fielding Joyner again in the slot after this season--it would be roster malpractice to bring him back under his current contract. I don't think McCoy is a necessary piece in the rotation of Hurst, Hall, and Hankins. Hall and Hankins on early downs and Hurst on passing downs is a fine rotation to me.

The safety group of Abrams, Harris, and Harris looks good, but Erik Harris is a starter to me. I would bump Abrams down to a linebacker role to get all three on the field. I've watched a little film on Littleton and I'm not sure I see a difference-maker worth that contract. I haven't watched the LSU linebacker.

Offensively, the roster looks fine. I'm not super high on Ruggs but he should be an upgrade over Zay Jones as the 3rd or 4th receiving option. I'm not sure I see a special speedster akin to TY Hilton, Brandin Cooks, or Tyreek Hill with him. I actually like Brandon Aiyuk more than Ruggs from what I've seen.

Edited by Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm not a huge fan of the defense. The cornerback group seems as weak, if not weaker, than at the start of this past season. Paulsen Adebo is not a player I'd want to field against the Chiefs. He seems to lack deep speed which was the issue with Worley. And I am not confident in fielding Joyner again in the slot after this season--it would be roster malpractice to bring him back under his current contract. I don't think McCoy is a necessary piece in the rotation of Hurst, Hall, and Hankins. Hall and Hankins on early downs and Hurst on passing downs is a fine rotation to me.

The safety group of Abrams, Harris, and Harris looks good, but Erik Harris is a starter to me. I would bump Abrams down to a linebacker role to get all three on the field. I've watched a little film on Littleton and I'm not sure I see a difference-maker worth that contract. I haven't watched the LSU linebacker.

Offensively, the roster looks fine. I'm not super high on Ruggs but he should be an upgrade over Zay Jones as the 3rd or 4th receiving option. I'm not sure I see a special speedster akin to TY Hilton, Brandin Cooks, or Tyreek Hill with him. I actually like Brandon Aiyuk more than Ruggs from what I've seen.

I'm not worried about Adebo's long speed at all, he's going to run in the 4.45-4.48 range, IMO. Dude is a big, long, physical corner with excellent ball skills and a ton of upside. He also seems to be the type that Grudock likes, dude has a business-like approach to football and puts the time in to work on his craft. Pair him with Mullen and we have two young stud corners on the outside. Johnson and Nixon are both young but they're athletic and we're going to have to develop our young guys to take a step forward. Plus Lawson is a decent 4th/5th CB behind all of those guys. We can't really cut Joyner because $8M of his contract is guaranteed so we'd be paying him $8M to save like $4.5M. Joyner wasn't great this season but an improved secondary around him should help. 

Our interior pass rush was solid but McCoy is still very good. Neither Hall or Hurst made the jump they needed too so adding a vet like McCoy would free some stuff up for our edge guys. 

Littleton has been one of the best linebackers in football this season. Dude is the prototypical LB and would be a huge upgrade over anything we've had here in the last decade. 

Ruggs would be used more like a gadget/utility player than a #1 WR but we'd get the ball into his hands a lot. He definitely would be the #1/#2 WR along with Tyrell Williams. He was timed in the mid 4.2's and has blazing speed similar to Tyreek Hill. Dude is a speed demon. 

• Like 1

Karl Joseph is not an average player. He is well above average and getting better. He should be resigned. He will be reasonably priced. This is a priority in my opinion as it solidifies the safety position. I'm comfortable with Abrams, Joseph, and Harris. Lamarcus isn't getting cut due to dead money issues and he can play safety as well if needed. We need a CB. Mullens looks good, Joyner will still be in the slot, Isaiah Johnson will be there not sure what he is yet. Worley has versatility, but isn't very good. Nevin, Riley, etc. are garbage.

We should look to take our number #18 overall and trade it for a second and an additional third. Like a #37 and #69 for our #18. There is going to be great value at receiver and CB in the second round particularly early in the second. With four 3rd round picks, we can package two of them to move back into the second again if there is a player we really want, or fill out the roster with four 3rd round talents spread amongst the secondary, LB corp, and maybe a backup RB or additional WR if a good one falls.

We are going to be able to get Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs with our #12. If Isaiah Simmons or Okudah fall to 12 take them. Otherwise, We get our WR1.  At #37, we can definitely get a starting caliber CB or a WR1. Its a deep draft class at both WR and CB. Simmons and Okudah are extra special and are Chase Young level talents at their positions. Thus, take either one of them if they fall to #12 which is unlikely.

We should target Littleton in free agency. If we can get him, we can keep Whitehead who is solid against the run and concentrate on drafting depth LB. The draft class is light on quality high end ILB, especially since Moses has decided to return to Alabama. Rather than reach for Kenneth Murray, I would rather have the flexibilty to draft a few more players for the secondary. We can pick up other quality guys at LB later in the draft. They won't be elite talents, but good solid players. Murray is really the only potentially elite ILB, and I'm not sure he is a sure thing can't miss prospect. I would rather use our #18 to trade back and get an extra player.

It would be a good idea to try to get a RB to spilt time with Jacobs. Jacobs is an awesome back, but we need to keep him fresh.  If we trade back, we can get an excellent RB early in the 3rd or package two 3rds to move into the middle of the second to get a  D Swift, ETN, Najee Harris, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, or CEH from LSU. All these backs are great. 

WR is soooo deep. There are playmakers all over the first three rounds. It isn't even clear to me who are the best prospects. It is the best and deepest WR class in history in my opinion. So, it should be easy to upgrade the position in this draft. We should not feel that we have to get a WR in the first round due to the depth at the position.

LB is a weak position in the draft. Simmons is the star of the class. Elite. Otherwise, there are good solid options in the third round.

CB is a deep position. Okudah is the stud. Elite. But, there are a ton of borderline elite guys. We should pick 2 or 3 CB in this draft. 

Rb is a great position as well. Five or so elite guys. Let's get one!

In the later rounds, we should look for interior offensive lineman and defensive linemen.

Carr gets one more year so that we don't waste dead money and draft capital. We can surround him with a beautiful roster top to bottom in 2020. If he is still mediocre, we move on in 2021. He will be completely out of excuses.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why not? We're a team on the upswing, in a new city, and we can give him a nice short term deal. 

Kizer couldn't even beat out Mike Glennon to be QB2 here. Mariota has started 63 games and despite what his critics may say, he had a winning record in 3 of his 5 seasons in Tennessee. Mayock and Gruden both liked him during the draft process, we can likely get him on a team-friendly deal, and he can push Carr. 

I remember he wanted to go to a winning team. We are not that yet...

Kizer wasn't here in TC, so he didn't had a chance. 

Mariota was benched and Tanny played far far better...Not good resume...

But you could be right and I wouldn't have issues if we go this way...

33 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I remember he wanted to go to a winning team. We are not that yet...

Kizer wasn't here in TC, so he didn't had a chance. 

Mariota was benched and Tanny played far far better...Not good resume...

But you could be right and I wouldn't have issues if we go this way...

This. 

McCoy would be nice and open things up for our young pass rushers. But would he come here?

I want to see Kizer with a training camp under his belt. 

Not high on Mariota. He isn't a good passer. But if we bring him in to push Carr (on a cheap deal), I wouldn't mind it. 

18 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Karl Joseph is not an average player. He is well above average and getting better. He should be resigned. He will be reasonably priced. This is a priority in my opinion as it solidifies the safety position. I'm comfortable with Abrams, Joseph, and Harris. Lamarcus isn't getting cut due to dead money issues and he can play safety as well if needed. We need a CB. Mullens looks good, Joyner will still be in the slot, Isaiah Johnson will be there not sure what he is yet. Worley has versatility, but isn't very good. Nevin, Riley, etc. are garbage.

Karl Joseph is certainly an average player and is super small. It has been pretty clear from the beginning that he's not a Gruden or Gunther guy. And with Abram being a smaller safety himself it's unlikely that he's coming back.

Karl Joseph (9 games): 48 tackles, 8 missed tackles (14.3% missed tackles rate), 25 targets, 17 completions allowed, 324 yards allowed (19.1 avg), 107.5 QB Rating allowed 

Anthony Harris (14 games): 60 tackles, 3 missed tackles (4.8% missed tackles rate), 23 targets, 15 completions allowed, 145 yards allowed (9.7 avg), 43.1 QB Rating allowed

Karl is undersized to play strong safety. He should play FS. He has been playing in the box and asked to cover TE which isn't the way he should be used. He has been put in that position because he is an excellent tackler, and we didn't have a better option. He should be used more like an Earl Thomas. They have very similar games in my opinion. Karl has ben asked to play Kam Chancellor's role. Abrams has the size and correct mentality to do that. We haven't really seen these guys together yet, and I think they could be an outstanding duo.

I think Harris is good. I'm not as familiar with his game, but he won;t come cheap. In this case, I am happy to take the devil I know.

40 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Karl is undersized to play strong safety. He should play FS. He has been playing in the box and asked to cover TE which isn't the way he should be used. He has been put in that position because he is an excellent tackler, and we didn't have a better option. He should be used more like an Earl Thomas. They have very similar games in my opinion. Karl has ben asked to play Kam Chancellor's role. Abrams has the size and correct mentality to do that. We haven't really seen these guys together yet, and I think they could be an outstanding duo.

I think Harris is good. I'm not as familiar with his game, but he won;t come cheap. In this case, I am happy to take the devil I know.

Joseph was getting toasted in coverage this year before he got hurt and was missing a ton of tackles. I know the fans like him but Raiders media has always said that Gruden/Gunther don't like his fit in their scheme, which is why he hardly even played last season and why we drafted Abram to replace him.