Dorsey vs DePodesta (DePo’s contract is up)

hornbybrown

Stories are starting to come out now.

Here is one. DePodesta pre draft in a meeting had binder with hundreds of evaluations. He handed it over. He left the meeting at which point Dorsey through it in the rubbish and said right boys let’s talk football now.

Elliot Wolf was said to be highly disturbed by the incident. He wasn’t the one that leaked the story.

DePo is said to be very high on Wolf and I expect him to be the GM if as I think DePo is the lead on this search.

we just need the Haslims to let the genius do genius stuff.

Edited by hornbybrown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Stories are starting to come out now.

Here is one. DePodesta pre draft in a meeting had binder with hundreds of evaluations. He handed it over. He left the meeting at which point Dorsey through it in the rubbish and said right boys let’s talk football now.

Elliot Wolf was said to be highly disturbed by the incident. He wasn’t the one that leaked the story.

DePo is said to be very high on Wolf and I expect him to be the GM if as I think DePo is the lead on this search.

we just need the Haslims to let the genius do genius stuff.

Why didn't DePodesta send the content electronically like all other executives in this century do so it can be reviewed before the meeting? This story may be rubbish.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Why didn't DePodesta send the content electronically like all other executives in this century do so it can be reviewed before the meeting? This story may be rubbish.

Sounds like a crazy enough story that was made up so you could find out who the leakers are

1 hour ago, dawgattack said:

One physical hard copy is much easier to keep track from a data privacy perspective than sending out a digital copy to everyone.

Maybe Dorsey like hardcopies or documents?

Just a thought...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

One physical hard copy is much easier to keep track from a data privacy perspective than sending out a digital copy to everyone.

Maybe Dorsey like hardcopies or documents?

Just a thought...

I'm sure Dorsey likes hard copies (he seems old school). It just seems strange that he'd receive it at the meeting. The negative PR machine seems to be out in full force vs him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawgattack said:

I'm sure Dorsey likes hard copies (he seems old school). It just seems strange that he'd receive it at the meeting. The negative PR machine seems to be out in full force vs him.

If DePo just flew in for the meeting it makes sense.

People are gonna believe what they want I suppose, but Dorsey is notoriously difficult to work with and rigid in how he does things.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:02 AM, dawgattack said:

Dorsey seems like a hard copy kinda guy for sure

I recently emailed a 200 page document to my 60 year old (highly highly successful) boss and heprinted it out to read it 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Dorsey seems like a hard copy kinda guy for sure

I recently emailed a 200 page document to my 60 year old (highly highly successful) boss and heprinted it out to read it 

I prefer paper copies as well to work with but this just seems like an odd story. DePodesta is in a strategic oversight position that involves integrating high level analytical thinking, techniques and processes with traditional football operations. It is my understanding that all Football operations personnel including analysts/researchers reported to Dorsey. I highly doubt Dorsey would have thrown work that his own staff contributed to (even if directed by DePeodesta) in the trash. 

Edited by dawgattack
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, dawgattack said:

I prefer paper copies as well to work with but this just seems like an odd story. DePodesta is in a strategic oversight position that involves integrating high level analytical thinking, techniques and processes with traditional football operations. It is my understanding that all Football operations personnel including analysts/researchers reported to Dorsey. I highly doubt Dorsey would have thrown work that his own staff contributed to (even if directed by DePeodesta) in the trash. 

DePo reported directly to Haslam as he did with Sashi and he will moving forward.

He was the one person in the organization who could be viewed as Dorsey’s equal.

As far as whether it happened or not, no clue, but that’s what’s been reported.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DePo reported directly to Haslam as he did with Sashi and he will moving forward.

He was the one person in the organization who could be viewed as Dorsey’s equal.

As far as whether it happened or not, no clue, but that’s what’s been reported.

Yes I understand that. DePo reports directly to Haslam and Dorsey reported directly to Haslam. Football operations (which I believe includes football research and analytics) fell under Dorsey with DePo chipping in oversight, processes, strategic thinking etc. If it did happen, I can understand why Elliot Wolf and others would have been peeved.

Edited by dawgattack

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, hornbybrown said:

Updated the title because Paul DePoDesta’s contract is up end of this week.

Reports are both parties want to redo the deal. Hopefully it gets done 

Any idea if the deal is done and for how long/much, if that part matters?