I believe we need/should trade with Cinci, before the NFL Combine.

aceinthehouse

6 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Burrow falling in our lap does us no good.

Teams no Snyder isn't going to take Burrow. So why offer us a crazy package for our #2.

Wouldn’t they be competing against each other for #2? Like you said the Jags, Dolphins, Raiders have multiple firsts and a need at QB. There are other teams (Chicago, Tampa,) who are possibly looking to jump up for a QB. I get Miami might want to roll the dice and wait at 5, but if they hear a whisper that Rivera, Snyder, whoever is on the phone with another team they’ll get itchy real fast. 

4 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Wouldn’t they be competing against each other for #2? Like you said the Jags, Dolphins, Raiders have multiple firsts and a need at QB. There are other teams (Chicago, Tampa,) who are possibly looking to jump up for a QB. I get Miami might want to roll the dice and wait at 5, but if they hear a whisper that Rivera, Snyder, whoever is on the phone with another team they’ll get itchy real fast. 

Because the Lions & Giants are behind us...

Let's say the Browns want to dump Baker Mayfield. (Hypothetical of course) and draft QB.

They pick at #10.

Let's say the Bengals draft Chase Young...

Lets say Redskins auction their #2 pick...

Miami is fine & stays at #5.

Redskins want Browns #10, OBJ, 2nd round pick & a 1st in 2021.

Browns are like..."dude...you're crazy..."

Redskins can't trade away pick & select Andrew Thomas #2 overall.

Lions decide they want to trade down...they want Browns #10, OBJ & a 2021 1st.

Browns are like..."hell yeah!! We get to keep our 2nd this year...""DO IT!"

Browns trade up & select Joe Burrow #3 overall...

Giants stay put & select Okuda #4 overall.

Miami selects Tua or Hebert #5 overall....

Redskins get screwed because they didn't trade up to #1 like I proposed...

Redskins Andrew Thomas becomes NY Giants version of Eric Flowers.

Just one of many examples....

Get that #1 overall pick & we get the Predator. It's that simple...

Btw, I used the browns ad an example.

It could be the Bucs, the Bears or any team wanting to move up for Burrow.

The point I'm trying to make is...

Just because we have the 2nd overall pick, doesn't mean we're going to win the Hershall Walker trade prize because Young was selected #1 overall.

Teams can trade up with the Lions...

Teams can trade up with Giants....

Both of whom, don't need QB's either. Maybe they get the monster treasure trough of draft picks?

I'm not saying we won't, but we could be left in the cold while the Lions or Giants reap the rewards from a trade down.

There are no assurances with our #2 pick, is my point.

We're not assured Chase Young @#2

We're not assured an RG3 type deal @#2

We're not even assured, that if Joe Burrow is on the board @#2, that we select him.

The only assurances we have, is that IF we manage to move up to #1 overall?

We can select Chase Young & none of the other 31 teams can select him. (Before us)

And we can do it, without trading the farm, since it's only 1 spot & we have players we could deal to make it happen as well. Without forking over draft selections.

Heck, they even have a player in A.J. Green who could be used in part of a trade package if we wanted him.

Lots of options if we do it & do it early in the process.

I'm hoping that Rivera realizes this as well. But we'll see...

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yes

We shouldn’t be using any draft capital to trade up. If Chase Young is taken at #1 we should have a fire sale for the #2 pick bc someone will want Burrow, we can take that haul of draft picks to help rebuild our young roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We shouldn’t be using any draft capital to trade up. If Chase Young is taken at #1 we should have a fire sale for the #2 pick bc someone will want Burrow, we can take that haul of draft picks to help rebuild our young roster.

Have you read anything I've written?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, in full disclosure, I usually don’t.

You should...

Cause I explain many options, including not trading draft resources for the #1 pick.

And reasons why assuming we will get a boatload of draft picks @#2 if Chase Young is taken #1 overall is not guaranteed.

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You should...

Cause I explain many options, including not trading draft resources for the #1 pick.

And reasons why assuming we will get a boatload of draft picks @#2 if Chase Young is taken #1 overall is not guaranteed.

Even if all your scenarios are correct (which I don’t agree with) and Chase Young goes #1 and no one will trade up for 2, we can still just sit at 2 and select Juedy or Thomas and thats better than trading the farm for Young.