Lack of participation/interest on this forum?

43M

On 9/15/2017 at 4:38 AM, Chieferific said:

Although I agree with what you're saying it's hard for me to be to vocal about it as I think it would be hypocritical for me. In my nearly 12 years and 5,000+ posts, rarely have my posts been more than a sentence or two.  Very few are more than a paragraph. I came to FF mostly to read others' POVs and thoughts on the team. I guess I still do that. It seems that many of those folks have spent less time on here than they did 12 years ago. Perhaps because they had less responsibility back then? I still enjoy reading your (43) rants and perspective on things. I always look forward to JPN's and armsteeld's prospect analysis as well as many others' content. And even tho I can get involved in "petty" disputes with other posters (I'm looking at you CKSteeler and Ward4HOF) I actually enjoy reading their perspectives. It challenges my line of thinking and often times changes my mind on things (to a degree). In the end, who knows why there seems to be less input? The site I left to come to FF died 12 years ago. It was down to maybe 5 members and weeks would go by w/o a post. They kept the same format for years. At least FF it trying to evolve. With that there may be some growing pains. I may be biased but I think the Steeler forum has some the brightest minds on the internet. Even if they don't post as much. Which is too bad. I hope you continue to write your detailed thoughts on things. It isn't just being lost in cyberspace. I know I read it and I think everyone else does too. Rarely does a 43 post go un-replied to. As for the GDTs, I suck at them. I did two last year (or maybe the year before) and it was admittedly bad. I never even looked at the GDT signup thread. I guess I should cause a crappy one is better than none.  

Hey!!  who are you calling, petty! ;)  We had ONE disagreement, and I can't even remember what we were arguing about; I do remember I pretty ticked off though, lol.

And funny you say you appreciate reading other's POVs; I usually am told that I tend to drone. Like this one time, when...oh..never mind...;)

I know my participation has dwindled quite a bit...except for the last week or two on the Comparison/News board; I'm sure everyone is devastated. Especially my bee-otch, 43M...hahahaha!! As far as attracting others, I would say it likely has more to do with Twitter and increased Blogs over the past few years than anything.  Why quibble on a forum where only a handful of people will read your opinion, when you can put your thoughts on Twitter, and potentially thousands will read your dronings...especially if you are responding to someone with a heavy Twitter following.

Anyway, that's my $.02. 

Like others have said, the forum has lost a lot of posters who posted a ton..(spush/fury,BB7mvp, Irish, Treat,azazaz)...even though treat and Irish popped up every great once in awhile.

I myself used to post a ton more but I have lot more adult responsibilities than before.

Not sure what answer is TBH.

i'm new to the forum obv but i try to read this forum sometimes

but for me most of the steelers games are 3am-6am right now so it's hard to get involved with the gameday threads, and outside of them the subforum isn't exactly buzzing - i think that's got something to do with the changeover though bc it's a forum wide thing

14 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

but for me most of the steelers games are 3am-6am right now so it's hard to get involved with the gameday threads, and outside of them the subforum isn't exactly buzzing - i think that's got something to do with the changeover though bc it's a forum wide thing

Shady, what's more important, Steelers games or sleep?  I think we all know the answer. ;) 

So where are you?

Personally I don't even watch enough football to be making many posts on here. Adult responsibilities have taken over a long with other hobbies. Nothing really to do with the forum or its members, just not as dedicated to football as I once was. 

I still lurk lurk around in the shadows though.

On 2017/9/17 at 9:45 AM, Shady Slim said:

Same situation, though different location, for me.  I am 12 hours ahead of Pittsburgh and while I do watch some games live, doing so makes for a sleepy Monday.  I do and have been coming here for a while to read up on news and opinions.  I trust many of yinz more than the "professional" commentators.

7 hours ago, TpeSteel said:

Same situation, though different location, for me.  I am 12 hours ahead of Pittsburgh and while I do watch some games live, doing so makes for a sleepy Monday.  I do and have been coming here for a while to read up on news and opinions.  I trust many of yinz more than the "professional" commentators.

12 hours ahead?  Where is that at if you don't mind me asking?  Eastern Europe is only 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time Zone here in America.  I have no clue where 12 hours would be.  I used to talk to some Australians and I was thinking they were 15 hours ahead of me (I'm in Central Time Zone, an hour behind Pittsburgh basically).  

10 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Personally I don't even watch enough football to be making many posts on here. Adult responsibilities have taken over a long with other hobbies. Nothing really to do with the forum or its members, just not as dedicated to football as I once was. 

I still lurk lurk around in the shadows though.

I hear you, man.  I've got 3 kids and a lot of "adult responsibilities."  O.o

1 hour ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

12 hours ahead?  Where is that at if you don't mind me asking?  Eastern Europe is only 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time Zone here in America.  I have no clue where 12 hours would be.  I used to talk to some Australians and I was thinking they were 15 hours ahead of me (I'm in Central Time Zone, an hour behind Pittsburgh basically).  

Where are you Magnus?

Side note:  I once watched a Super Bowl  (one of the Cowboys - Bills) in Tel Aviv.  The game started at 1 am and went til 4:30 or something.  I drank, along with the other guys I was with, a big monster mug of beer for every quarter.  We were pretty hammered by morning. 

3 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Where are you Magnus?

Side note:  I once watched a Super Bowl  (one of the Cowboys - Bills) in Tel Aviv.  The game started at 1 am and went til 4:30 or something.  I drank, along with the other guys I was with, a big monster mug of beer for every quarter.  We were pretty hammered by morning. 

South Dakota.  I've never been in Europe during the season, and I doubt they'd have much on there anyway.  I wouldn't even know where to go to try and watch a game at 4am over there.  I've been to Austria, Poland and Ukraine, and might go to Brussels or Ukraine again this fall/winter (haven't decided which yet, if any) and then it would indeed be nice to be able to watch a game!  It would only be 7 or 8pm there (7 in Brussels, 8 in Ukraine) for a typical noon start here though.  

Since everybody is constantly asking "What happened to 'nat????", I'll answer. Life. I've been busy getting married (again) and buying a house. Hopefully in a month or so when things calm down I can start posting more, but I'm barely catching any games like others have mentioned. I lurk a lot, but I don't get to see the games. Highlights are about all I get right now. :(

7 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I'm in Taiwan.  TPE (from my user name) is the IATA code for the international airport that serves Taipei.  Don't you remember how people used to say that if you dug a deep enough hole, you'd end up in China?  We are normally 12 hours ahead of Pittsburgh, but, when PIT goes to daylight savings in the Autumn, we will be 13 hours ahead.  I watch games online (NFL Game Pass).  Have watched several Super Bowls at a small pub-restaurant in Guam back in the old days.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Farley.gif

Sadly, 43M...I can say it all I want, but everyone here knows things TRULY are...you're the glue that holds this forum together...the 'parental' figure, if you will.  (It's just fun to get a rise out of you, every now and then! ;)

Hopefully, once I get settled in fully here...maybe by the new year, I'll have more time to post regularly. It would be nice to see this place more lively than it has been of late.

Archived