Some Imagined Pace Thoughts

dll2000

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Yes.  Point is Pace isn't really outside mainstream on a lot of his thinking even with busts.  He was taking highly rated prospects.  

From 2008 to 2013 Bears were always making "surprise" 1st round picks that mostly sucked or didn't fit the scheme.  Long was best of them, but probably could have been had later.  

I think having Nagy here as his hand-picked offensive mind is going to make it a lot easier to find the right draft picks to fit his offense. I never felt Shaheen was going to be a 'Travis Kelce' type... he was too stiff and lumbering -- didn't have the timed numbers either. I just hope that as this thing progresses we will be able to maintain consistency in terms of scheme / the types of athletes we want on both sides of the ball. It seems already Pace values football character -- that's good -- but I don't think I'd mind one or two bad assess that are more talented than the "choir boys".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think having Nagy here as his hand-picked offensive mind is going to make it a lot easier to find the right draft picks to fit his offense. I never felt Shaheen was going to be a 'Travis Kelce' type... he was too stiff and lumbering -- didn't have the timed numbers either. I just hope that as this thing progresses we will be able to maintain consistency in terms of scheme / the types of athletes we want on both sides of the ball. It seems already Pace values football character -- that's good -- but I don't think I'd mind one or two bad assess that are more talented than the "choir boys".

Character is important, but you can take a few chances on high end talent.

Hunt after his incident and Tyreek Hill in draft are two big examples.   You definitely want them to be minority on team though.  I predicted Browns would probably implode because of all the bad character guys they had on team.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Character is important, but you can take a few chances on high end talent.

Hunt after his incident and Tyreek Hill in draft are two big examples.   You definitely want them to be minority on team though.  I predicted Browns would probably implode because of all the bad character guys they had on team.

Not to stir this back up but I'd give him a shot here in Chicago as RB2/RB3...

• Like 1