(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

"We are confident that myself, JW, Chris Cooper, and Dee have made the best decision for the alignment of this organization and the leadership that this team needs. We'd like to thank Paul DePodesta for his efforts in the coaching search. He's one of the best and brightest people we've ever worked with. So, at this time I'd like to announce that Paul will be moving on to pursue other endeavors for which we have no doubt he'll be successful with. With that said, we are proud to announce Josh McDaniels as our new head coach today and for many years to come."

" Lasy year, we had a comprehensive process, interviewing Freddie Kitchens last, and decided to hire him over the recommendations of Paul DePodesta"

" This year, we had a comprehensive process, interviewing Josh McDaniels last, and decided to hire him over the recommendations of Paul DePodesta"

-- Jimmy Haslam in the future

--------

" He's changed; he's reformed and born again; he let go of his egomania and has turned a new leaf so he's the guy we want and will change everything around. He's a younger Bill Belichick. "                                   

--- Browns Fan Masses

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

What don't you like about him?

I just feel like the grass is greener on the other side. I don't feel like he gets the most out of his EDGE rushers, and I feel like no matter who plays corner in his system is going to get absolutely burnt to a crisp no matter how good they are. Yeah our corners haven't been great, but it hasn't mattered who's played back there, and we've had numerous people at the position. Corner has been for us what QB has been for you guys for a number of years. I'm starting to believe after all the players that have come and gone, that it's the one who's drawing things up. Also the dude is super passive most of the time. Only within the last month or two has he actually started to rush more than 4 players. Generally speaking, he's been stuck in his ways and doesn't adjust things much if at all.

• Like 1

So many "he was young then; he's learned" takes.

Imagine thinking that an egomaniac at 35 years old in Denver and St. Louis is a young guy like a developing emotion-regulation teenager or early 20s college kid. He wasn't even a late 20s young adult.

I'm done with this coaching process. It is what it is. 

As not excited as I am for McDaniels, I'm also not excited for the pairing of Dave Ziegler-Josh McDaniels or Nick Cesario-Josh McDaniels based on the 1st through 3rd round draft evaluations and selections (of course Belichick is the de-facto GM).

My final words on the process until our HC is announced. More than the man we hire, the structure of the power, how the Haslam's interact with that structure, and the staff and support system around the Head Coach matters tremendously.  We'll have to structure things around McDaniels with safety nets and guide-rails to keep him on track likely more than any candidate on our list. Let's hope we do so.

Give me Jim Schwartz or Kevin Stefanski. Schwartz was heralded as a "genius" by Belichick, but with the ability to relate to players. He knows how to battle through adversity. I've talked enough about why Stefanski. Program Leader Attributes wise those are my two leading candidates. Schwartz, Stefanski, Daboll in that order. Won't happen though.

See you all at the HC announcement. I've reached my limit in the madness.

JW, Dee, Jimmy, and Chris Cooper know what to do and what to look for. I trust their guts.

What a time to be alive...

Good times ahead for all ...

Edited by Mind Character

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Let me say this. I don't think he's the worst DC, but I think we (the Eagles) could do better. Bring in a fresh new young mind to control the defense.

I’d be curious if there is a fan of any team anywhere who isn’t meh on their coordinators.

Kinda comes with the job.

He’s generally able to produce a competent defense though.

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Imagine thinking that an egomaniac at 35 years old in Denver and St. Louis is a young guy like a developing emotion-regulation teenager or early 20s college kid. He wasn't even a late 20s young adult.

As not excited as I am for McDaniels, I'm also not excited for the pairing of Dave Ziegler-Josh McDaniels or Nick Cesario-Josh McDaniels based on the 1st through 3rd round draft evaluations and selections (of course Belichick is the de-facto GM).

My final words on the process until our HC is announced. More than the man we hire, the structure of the power, how the Haslam's interact with that structure, and the staff and support system around the Head Coach matters tremendously.  We'll have to structure things around McDaniels with safety nets and guide-rails to keep him on track likely more than any candidate on our list. Let's hope we do so.

JW, Dee, Jimmy, and Chris Cooper know what to do and what to look for. I trust their guts.

🙄 "With the 10th pick in the 2020 draft, the Cleveland Browns select Grant Delpit, LSU."  No no, friend; you've reached your limit. Rest now. Rest eternal.

Also, for Mind's sake, somebody gif-edit McDaniels's trollface onto that damned moped already.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Give me Jim Schwartz or Kevin Stefanski. Schwartz was heralded as a "genius" by Belichick, but with the ability to relate to players. He knows how to battle through adversity. I've talked enough about why Stefanski. Program Leader Attributes wise those are my two leading candidates. Schwartz, Stefanski, Daboll in that order. Won't happen though.

Image result for i don't believe you gif

• Like 6