(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

Everyone’s gonna be miserable no matter what

rhere is literally nothing they can do in one week to make anyone happy except buno 

I am letting it go- what other choice do I have? Compare them to nazis ?

That's because I'm almost certain buno is on some very potent drugs and has been for quite some time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Give me safe and boring stability: GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy

Exactly my point. Its clear from Haslems press conference that they are prioritizing leadership ability #1 above all. I dont know how a current OC who has 0 HC experience screams leadership (Stefanski).. McCarthy is a proven commodity that has been around the block and won as a HC. I think he is the obvious candidate if they are going the 'strong veteran leader' route.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

One thing that the Shanahan offense does have to offer is that they put players in positions to succeed, they can lead from this, a respect for their intelligence, and ability to make people succeed.  Rather than being authoritative.

Thomas and Hawkins liked Hue, but they loved Shanahan, they believed the best about themselves  under him. Hawk had a career year hitting nearly 1k yards, with the ball being thrown by hoyer.

Imagine what baker to obj could do in the same offense.

If you like Shannahans offense there are plenty of guys around the league that run it that all come from that old Mike Shannahan staff/coaching tree. Kubiak/Stefanski might be a package deal and thats where you will get the 'run to set up the pass' type of design.

Those offenses like Kyle Shannahan, Gary Kubiak, Rich Scangerello, ect all seem like they put players in position to succeed because the scheme is about duping defenders. There is so much pre snap movement, misdirection and play action that it often times sets up wiiiiiide open receivers and TEs.

Run the ball, run the ball, hard play action rollout and there is almost always a TE running free across the middle of the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Exactly my point. Its clear from Haslems press conference that they are prioritizing leadership ability #1 above all. I dont know how a current OC who has 0 HC experience screams leadership (Stefanski).. McCarthy is a proven commodity that has been around the block and won as a HC. I think he is the obvious candidate if they are going the 'strong veteran leader' route.

The analytics say dont go with McCarthy.  The reason out of the statistical samples a coach who won a super bowl prior has not won another one with a different team.  Holmgren came the closest with the Seahawks.  

Depo isnt going to bank on a statistical anomaly.  Also HCs who flamed out and went back to either college or coordinators have had success. Reid, Carroll,  Vermeil, Gruden (Tampa with Dungys players), Dungey etc.  This is why the anaylitics favor a McDaniels or first time HC

• Like 1