(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

6 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

SAUCES

Josh McDaniels to the Browns could ultimately hinge on Haslam's loyalty to Depodesta. SAUCES tell me he will would take the job without Paul's prominent purview 

This concludes the SAUCES

Told you soooooo

I also learned a new word today....purview. nice.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Also there is this for the Stefanski might stay in MIN crowd: 

#Vikings owner Mark Wilf statement on Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman: 

"We value Mike and Rick’s leadership and we have every intent of Mike continuing as the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings and Rick leading our football operations, next year and beyond.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

"We value Mike and Rick’s leadership and we have every intent of Mike continuing as the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings and Rick leading our football operations, next year and beyond.”

That's actually huge. Without Minnesota to block the move, Stefanski has to make the most sense based on what we know.

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I still don’t believe McDaniels won’t work with DePo with how into data collection the Patriots are

Imo anyone who believes in analytics at all would be stoked to work with one of the godfathers of analytic application in sports.

And anyone who’s not all in analytics should just stop pretending they’re even trying tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imo anyone who believes in analytics at all would be stoked to work with one of the godfathers of analytic application in sports.

And anyone who’s not all in analytics should just stop pretending they’re even trying tbh.

McCarthy out of Stefanski and McDaniels is the 3rd best play caller. Very Likely the 1st in Head Coaching ability. And Likely will have the 3rd best OC-in-title/successor OC in Frank Cignetti Jr.

Did you see Mike McCarthy's "I'm no longer stubborn like I've been for 20 years; I'm the new man and I love analytics more than anything" Special sit downs with Peter King; Tom Pelissaro.... lol

We are analytics and He Gets Us Now. He'll probably convince the Haslams of such. 

Even still I honestly don't know whether to want McCarthy or not. I do know that those sit-downs and propaganda he's put out are bullsh*t.

One things for sure is that he's still one of the most stubborn head coaches as his reputation suggests, but I have no clue if his positives are likely to either stabilize and develop the team or get us beyond that.

Frank Cignetti Jr. and McCarthy aren't really offensive leaders I'd be excited to get the most out of our pieces, but in the end maybe they've change and who knows.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

There is no change until the behavior changes, which of course we won't know until we see it.

Not sure I want to buy a ticket to that show.

Indeed.

Most of the McCarthy positive media pieces post-GB firing are very clearly propaganda pieces.

I just don't know if his actual positive abilities whatever they may be (i.e., programmatic team plans, experience, etc) are enough to the point where it would be get us to where we hope to go or at least stabilize things for a while.

Based on McCarthy's staff and the alignment the organizations desires (analytics, thoughtful creative thinkers), I still would bet on Kevin Stefanski out of the group currently even if McCarthy was or is the best head coach candidate.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

That's actually huge. Without Minnesota to block the move, Stefanski has to make the most sense based on what we know.

Let's hope the owners' words hold true especially if we stay the course with Stefanski, but if Zimmer still was fired it would just be par for the course where NFL team owners say one thing then shortly thereafter do the complete opposite.

Part of me wonders if Stefanski improving his staff considerations, being a successful full-time OC, and weathering an internal locker room storm early season is enough for the Haslam's to believe he's more worthy this year as opposed to last, as well as more worthy of the job relative to McCarthy and McDaniels.

It's going to be a strange ride. Part of me feels like McCarthy sold them on the dream of his being a renewed man who loves analytics and has a super bowl ring. Only time will tell. I hope it's Stefanski because the alignment will give his leadership a chance to thrive and his offense is the closest thing to a play-action zone read run-first offense as the 49ers or any team in the league. That's exactly what our personnel's strengths are. I do wonder if JW Johnson, Dee/Jimmy, Chris Cooper, and DePo are adept enough to recognize this.

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Let's hope the owners' words hold true especially if we stay the course with Stefanski, but if Zimmer still was fired it would just be par for the course where NFL team owners say one thing then shortly thereafter do the complete opposite.

Part of me wonders if Stefanski improving his staff considerations, being a successful full-time OC, and weathering an internal locker room storm early season is enough for the Haslam's to believe he's more worthy this year as opposed to last, as well as more worthy of the job relative to McCarthy and McDaniels.

It's going to be a strange ride. Part of me feels like McCarthy sold them on the dream of his being a renewed man who loves analytics and has a super bowl ring. Only time will tell. I hope it's Stefanski because the alignment will give his leadership a chance to thrive and his offense is the closest thing to a play-action zone read run-first offense as the 49ers or any team in the league. That's exactly what our personnel's strengths are. I do wonder if JW Johnson, Dee/Jimmy, Chris Cooper, and DePo are adept enough to recognize this.

At some point we all have to come to terms with whoever its going to be---will be the wrong choice in 2 years time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Frank Cignetti Jr. and McCarthy aren't really offensive leaders I'd be excited to get the most out of our pieces, but in the end maybe they've change and who knows.

They might not get the most out of them but they will develop them to a point. I would love to take a McCarthy plateau for this team. I would kill at this point to be a constant wildcard/divisional round loser

• Like 5