(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They might not get the most out of them but they will develop them to a point. I would love to take a McCarthy plateau for this team. I would kill at this point to be a constant wildcard/divisional round loser

Is Aaron Rodgers coming too?

Edited by sdrawkcab321

47 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Is Aaron Rodgers coming too?

1) It took me a few years but I just realized your username was backwards spelled backwards, mostly because Im dumb.

2) I love the fact that McCarthy has been spending the last year reinventing his offense and coaching. He has been actively trying to adjust, learn and grow as a coach in the past year and that gives me a lot more excitement about him that he could be another Andy Reid story. Stefanski just sounds like a coach that will be fired in 2 years. Maybe its because its too close to Mangini and Chudzinski.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

2) I love the fact that McCarthy has been spending the last year reinventing his offense and coaching.

You buy that McCarthy stuff man?  He's "reinventing himself" out back in his barn with Jim Haslett, Frank Cignetti Jr., and friends.? 

He is what he is. Dorsey supposedly did the same thing his time out waking up and scouting players etc. 

Ultimately, I think we shouldn't buy into the PR on McCarthy but instead should ask ourselves if late era McCarthy in Green Bay is good enough based on what we seek.

Ted Thompson wouldn't spend on free agents and the influx of talent and roster building became stagnant. McCarthy had his own issues but it's important to remember that context; that is, things around the Packers weren't optimal. That version of Mike McCarthy may very well be a HC worthy of consideration in the Coaching Search.

He is what he is. Good and Bad maybe that's enough to get us at least a shot at getting in the tournament each year, but Super Bowl McCarthy is a phantom and isn't being re-discovered in a barn out back mainly because of the wear and tear of NFL head coaching life but also because peak powers Aaron Rodgers isn't his QB.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You buy that McCarthy stuff man?  He's "reinventing himself" out back in his barn with Jim Haslett, Frank Cignetti Jr., and friends.? 

He is what he is. Dorsey supposedly did the same thing his time out waking up and scouting players etc. 

Ultimately, I think we shouldn't buy into the PR on McCarthy but instead should ask ourselves if late era McCarthy in Green Bay is good enough based on what we seek.

Ted Thompson wouldn't spend on free agents and the influx of talent and roster building became stagnant. McCarthy had his own issues but it's important to remember that context; that is, things around the Packers weren't optimal. That version of Mike McCarthy may very well be a HC worthy of consideration in the Coaching Search.

He is what he is. Good and Bad maybe that's enough to get us at least a shot at getting in the tournament each year, but Super Bowl McCarthy is a phantom and isn't being re-discovered in a barn out back mainly because of the wear and tear of NFL head coaching life but also because peak powers Aaron Rodgers isn't his QB.

Mccarthys biggest sell maybe what he did wih rodgers, ill come and do it for baker.

47 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Regardless if we think he reinvented himself because of the documentary or not, my personal point remains the same.

I know who Mike McCarthy is and what he will bring. I--along with every Browns fan on this board--has no idea of what Stefanski will bring. I believe people like him because of the unknown but not what he actually provides. Its like a mystery box. I do, for a fact, know that I as a fan have been down the 'hire a flashy coordinator' road before and it never ever ever ever ever ends up being a good decision. That is why Im turned off to Stefanski regardless of the coaching hype he is getting. 

I like the known over the unknown. We have been down the road of unknown many times before. It never ends well.

As for McDaniels---many of you know Im also a Broncos fan. I wouldnt touch that MFer with a 10 foot pole ever again so he is a non option to me personally.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Imo anyone who believes in analytics at all would be stoked to work with one of the godfathers of analytic application in sports.

And anyone who’s not all in analytics should just stop pretending they’re even trying tbh.

If anyone refuses to work with DePodesta, to me it raises a huge red flag with their analytics view and would not hire that coach.

Its like turning down to work with Belichick in your coaching staff. To me its not wanting a guy smarter than you in the room that is not in your pocket.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

1) It took me a few years but I just realized your username was backwards spelled backwards, mostly because Im dumb.

2) I love the fact that McCarthy has been spending the last year reinventing his offense and coaching. He has been actively trying to adjust, learn and grow as a coach in the past year and that gives me a lot more excitement about him that he could be another Andy Reid story. Stefanski just sounds like a coach that will be fired in 2 years. Maybe its because its too close to Mangini and Chudzinski.

If it took him a year off to adjust and adapt how is he going to adjust and adapt to the next change? Not buying it. 

i spent my night last night listening to doom metal and considering the realizations that stefanski stays in min, mcdaniels stays in NE and we dont have a coach

i started reading about saleh, seems smart, energized, players like him- sherman had good things to say about how smart he was, and preaches extreme violence.  starting to think he may be our coach on nothing but a gut hunch

26 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i spent my night last night listening to doom metal and considering the realizations that stefanski stays in min, mcdaniels stays in NE and we dont have a coach

i started reading about saleh, seems smart, energized, players like him- sherman had good things to say about how smart he was, and preaches extreme violence.  starting to think he may be our coach on nothing but a gut hunch

Why I’m I not surprised you’d be interested in this guy 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why I’m I not surprised you’d be interested in this guy 

well im not interested in mccarthy (and as u know theres trepidation that he's actually *learned* and wants to use analytics which is obviuosly a mandate for Jimmy) or daboll.  so whos that leave? bienemy and saleh.  and roman.  

Saleh makes me nervous as a lot of 49ers fans feel as though he’s stubborn and not sure whether or not he’s the brains/good at his job since their DL Coach is incredible...and they have 3 high 1st round picks on that DL. That said I have no idea what I think of him. If he’s stubborn and not analytics minded and culture focused that spells disaster. If he’s a good culture guy, good at delegating, and open to analytics then sign me up.