2019 49ers' Rookie Class Review

NinerNation21

Pretty good return from the rooks this year. Bosa and Samuel are great additions so far. Mitch is a very good punter which we needed. The biggest surprise for me was Dre in the 5th round. I hated the pick but he has proved what I suspected already, that I know f*ck all about draft picks. That one stop he made to snuff out the ****hawks last week was worth the whole 5th round pick. 

Can't wait to see Hurd healthy as I think his versatility could make this offense really difficult to match up with next year. 

GM Lynch deserves some heavy praise for what he's done roster wise in just 3 years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 1:59 PM, uk9erfan said:

Pretty good return from the rooks this year. Bosa and Samuel are great additions so far. Mitch is a very good punter which we needed. The biggest surprise for me was Dre in the 5th round. I hated the pick but he has proved what I suspected already, that I know f*ck all about draft picks. That one stop he made to snuff out the ****hawks last week was worth the whole 5th round pick. 

Can't wait to see Hurd healthy as I think his versatility could make this offense really difficult to match up with next year. 

GM Lynch deserves some heavy praise for what he's done roster wise in just 3 years. 

Man, Dre was just a killer pick that I wrote off as a waste of time and space, too. To be fair, several of the DBs I wanted in the fourth and fifth rounds have panned out nicely and I slightly preferred A.J. Brown to Deebo, even though both were similar players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Man, Dre was just a killer pick that I wrote off as a waste of time and space, too. To be fair, several of the DBs I wanted in the fourth and fifth rounds have panned out nicely and I slightly preferred A.J. Brown to Deebo, even though both were similar players. 

I do not understand AJ Brown. How can that guy look like someone who can't be fast and actually be fast? I don't get it. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Yeah I wanted another LB over Greenlaw and he's stepped up late in the season for Ten(David Long Jr)...so I'm ok knowing we got a talented guy anyways. 

Just went back and looked at Greenlaw page after we drafted him. Props to 757...hit the nail on the head about the pick. 

57 minutes ago, sherm said:

Yeah I wanted another LB over Greenlaw and he's stepped up late in the season for Ten(David Long Jr)...so I'm ok knowing we got a talented guy anyways. 

Just went back and looked at Greenlaw page after we drafted him. Props to 757...hit the nail on the head about the pick. 

Mack Wilson was my pick at LB over Greenlaw. It looks like Lynch and Co. got it right though. I think Wilson would have been a fine pick too though.