NSFL Hall of Fame voting thread (class of 2019)

Tk3

Hey everyone,

With the NFL regular season ending, I wanted to sneak in the inaugural NSFL HOF voting before the start of S19. The plan is to administer a voting class every 2 seasons (once per calendar year). In the future, I think after the even numbered seasons and the start of the NFL season is going to be the ideal time to do this.

Below is a spreadsheet of all players who have met certain criteria over the course of their NSFL careers. Unlike the real NFL, a player does NOT have to be retired to be considered eligible for the Hall.

I am giving everybody MORE votes than I typically would, in an effort to have a larger inaugural class and get the obvious choices out of the way. In the future, voting totals will be smaller, and thus more normalized classes

I am open to discussion of the rules/criteria if anyone thinks there is a better way to manage this, but I think it is a good framework.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HWTDQ1CYStWbT5DXhuXkJTUHdVEohEx4OTVxbKlxkgs/edit#gid=544522751

Please cast your votes PUBLICLY in this thread, by BOLDING the names of your 25 votes. Feel free to campaign for your choices, and to change your votes up until the deadline, which will be determined at a later date.

*Current owners are encouraged to vote - and any former GMs or even anyone who just has an interest in the league can feel free to vote
*Any ballots that do not appear to be cast in good faith will be excluded

@TheKillerNacho @MookieMonstah @RuskieTitan @ravens5520 @Whicker @Counselor @pwny @Glen @PSID412 @khodder @Adrenaline_Flux @YoungBucs15 @swoosh @Scalamania @bucsfan333 @EaglesPeteC @waffles7 @RandyMossIsBoss @SirA1 @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 3

My ballot

Quarterbacks:

Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Peyton Manning

Brees, Rodgers, and Brady are no brainers and should be unanimous IMO.

For the other 3.. Luck is in the top tier of bulk stats per season (with a large gap after him), plus 2 rings.. Cam is the clear cut best dual threat QB in the league's history.. and Peyton, similar to Luck, put up great stats before retirement and is in the group of best stats per season

Runningbacks:

Adrian Peterson
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson

Peterson, McCoy, and Charles should all also be unanimous.. They are the 3 players over 20,000 total yards, and are also the top 3 on a per season basis.

Receivers:

Larry Fitzgerald
A.J. Green
Odell Beckham Jr.
Antonio Gates
Rob Gronkowski
Calvin Johnson

I think all 4 WRs are obvious choices. There are only 3 players with 90+ catches per season (Fitz, OBJ, Calvin) and Green is close at 88. There are only 4 players with 1,200+ yards per season (Fitz, OBJ, Calvin, Green). All have great TD numbers with Calvin being the only player with 10+ per season. Other WR are probably worthy, but these 4 are the clear standouts IMO

TE is a little more tricky, but I wanted to make sure they were represented in my ballot, even if the numbers fall short of WR numbers.

Defense:

Luke Keuchly
Eric Weddle
Clay Matthews
Eric Berry
Earl Thomas
Cameron Wake
J.J. Watt
Julius Peppers
Charles Woodson

Edited by Tk3

I won two ships on the back of CJ2K. Those two seasons:

Chris Johnson: 401 rushes for 2003 yards (5.00 YPC, 78 LNG). 11 touchdowns, 3 fumbles. 14 receptions for 145 yards (10.36 YPR, 26 LNG). 0 touchdowns.
Chris Johnson [16 GS]: 433 carries for 1939 yards (4.48 YPC, 36 LNG), 15 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 22 receptions for 297 yards (13.50 YPR, 39 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 drop.

Factor in that he rarely turned the ball over, and while his prime wasn't as long as some of the other backs, the championships should give him enough to make it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Chris Johnson: 401 rushes for 2003 yards (5.00 YPC, 78 LNG). 11 touchdowns, 3 fumbles. 14 receptions for 145 yards (10.36 YPR, 26 LNG). 0 touchdowns.
Chris Johnson [16 GS]: 433 carries for 1939 yards (4.48 YPC, 36 LNG), 15 touchdowns, 1 fumble. 22 receptions for 297 yards (13.50 YPR, 39 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 drop.

Factor in that he rarely turned the ball over, and while his prime wasn't as long as some of the other backs, the championships should give him enough to make it.

He was a late cut on my list.

I tried really hard to not punish the early retirements. The 4 I listed ahead of him are hard to argue IMO and I just didn't have enough room for many more RBs.

If he doesn't get in now, he will eventually.

Off the top of my head

QB: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers

RB: Adrian Peterson, CJ2K, and Jamaal Charles

WR: Larry Legend and Julio Jones

TE: Gronk and Gates

OL: Joe Thomas, Zach Martin, and Travis Frederick

DE: JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, and Muhammed Wilkerson

DT: Ndamukong Suh and Fletcher Cox

OLB: Von Miller, Derrick Johnson, Clay Matthews, and Ryan Kerrigan

ILB: Luke Kuechly and Sean Lee

CB: Richard Sherman, Casey Hayward, and Revis

FS/SS: Harrison Smith, Patrick Chung, and Eric Weddle

K: Ghost, Tucker, and Vinateri

P: Brett Kern

These are all guys who Ive game planned around/ have seen single-handedly carry objectively bad/mediocre teams far above their talent level.

Edited by Glen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Agreed big time. When I think of dominant sim RBs, CJ2K is immediately who I think of first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

Agreed big time. When I think of dominant sim RBs, CJ2K is immediately who I think of first.

You've both swayed me

The numbers don't really suggest that CJ2K has had a better career than Bell (although the fumble difference is HUGE)

But you are right.. from an impact perspective I think CJ needs to be included

Ballot changed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

You've both swayed me

The numbers don't really suggest that CJ2K has had a better career than Bell (although the fumble difference is HUGE)

But you are right.. from an impact perspective I think CJ needs to be included

Ballot changed

Career maybe no. But are stats more important than wins? I would say no.

I'd much rather be Eli Manning at the end of the day than Philip Rivers, despite Rivers likely having the better career.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I don’t think I’m qualified to vote in this

nonsense.. just because some people are going off of anecdotal understanding of the history of the league, you can also just go by stats - picking and choosing what you think is important performance..

most people will use some mix, but don't think that being a newer GM should exclude you