Tracking the new coaching staff

I like O'Connell and get that Haskins does to,but I think it would be best if we let Rivera get his guy whoever that might be.

Feel like it would be a crack in the staff/fanbase right away If offense is bad Us and the media would all go it the guy Dan and Dwayne forced on Rivera.If we showed promise on Offense and O'Connell got interviews for HC Job it would should we fire Ron to keep Kevin.

2 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I think it would be best if we let Rivera get his guy whoever that might be.

Im hoping KO'C has a successful interview. Because the last time Rob picked a OC. He grabbed Norv Turner.

Like EdO at LSU. Some youth around would help bring his offense out the Stone Age.

42 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I like O'Connell and get that Haskins does to,but I think it would be best if we let Rivera get his guy whoever that might be.

Feel like it would be a crack in the staff/fanbase right away If offense is bad Us and the media would all go it the guy Dan and Dwayne forced on Rivera.If we showed promise on Offense and O'Connell got interviews for HC Job it would should we fire Ron to keep Kevin.

Rivera gets to interview O'Connell before Rivera is just forced to put him on his coaching staff. 

• Like 1

I agree with @ovfd55 he has to have the ability to pick his staff 

I don’t understand the hype about Kevon O. He might be good but what has he actually done that’s resulted in wins? Is he benefiting primarily from a Halo effect from Kyle and Sean?  That’s as dangerous as seeing Jon Gruden then hiring “Special” Jay

17 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I don’t understand the hype about Kevon O. He might be good but what has he actually done that’s resulted in wins? Is he benefiting primarily from a Halo effect from Kyle and Sean?  That’s as dangerous as seeing Jon Gruden then hiring “Special” Jay

From week 13-16, after KOC got control. The Skins scored the 2nd most amount of points over that time. And wasnt using his schemes, playbook or anything else to do it. He was using Jays. So the potential is there. Let him format and run the offense and see where it goes then.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

For me, it was the 3 halves of football against the Eagles and Giants where the kid QB — who had literally no idea what he was doing 6 weeks earlier — went out and put up a 32/43 (72.1%) for 394 yards (9.2 Y/A) with 4 TDs and 0 INTs, a 131.3 passer rating. 

To be sure, that’s not a huge sample to draw any conclusions from and those are not two great defenses. And he still wasn’t close to perfect. But the visible progress, in terms of his comfort level and processing speed and even mechanics was pretty staggering. There’s an old saying about what to do if it ain’t broke, which I think applies here. 

• Like 3

A couple moves to unpack.

Former Panthers OL coach John Matsko will be replacing Bill Callahan, and Jim Hostler being brought in as WR coach, which probably signals the end of Ike Hilliard.  Matsko is a much older coach- he will be 69 in February- but has a track record of success in the NFL and has coached a number of All Pro and Pro Bowl talents over his career.  I don't know much about Hostler, but given the timeframe he spent with the Ravens and the lack of an ability to develop WR talent, I am worried about this hire.  Also, another older hire, as Hostler is 53.  

Rumors have Sam Mills III, another former Panthers coach, coming in to replace Tomsula on the defensive line. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/whos-report-shows-rivera-hiring-new-coaches-booting-some-redskins-favorites

24 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A couple moves to unpack.

Former Panthers OL coach John Matsko will be replacing Bill Callahan, and Jim Hostler being brought in as WR coach, which probably signals the end of Ike Hilliard.  Matsko is a much older coach - he will be 69 in February- but has a track record of success in the NFL and has coached a number of All Pro and Pro Bowl talents over his career.  I don't know much about Hostler, but given the timeframe he spent with the Ravens and the lack of an ability to develop WR talent, I am worried about this hire.  Also, another older hire, as Hostler is 53.  

Rumors have Sam Mills III, another former Panthers coach, coming in to replace Tomsula on the defensive line. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/whos-report-shows-rivera-hiring-new-coaches-booting-some-redskins-favorites

I don’t mind that the OL coach is coming from the Panthers bc he did a good job developing talent there.

I’m 100% in agreement with my dissatisfaction with Hilliard being gone. Hilliard did a good job with developing our young WRs meanwhile, the Panthers haven’t developed a lot of young talent at WR this decade.

I can definitely get on board with Sam Mills being hired. I love that guy! Great person and the Panthers always had a great DL.

Edited by turtle28