Tracking the new coaching staff

7 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Redskins Rumors: Ron Rivera hiring Panthers LB Coach Steve Russ. hogshaven.com/2020/1/5/21050…

Good hire, they also have had good linebackers, of course a lot of that has to do with the fact that they have 1st and 2nd round talent at Lb something the Redskins haven’t had all decade.

36 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

This screams of a potential issue. I get that you are comfortable with your guys, especially guys who you’ve had success with.

But we all know there have been issues in Washington with moving on. Will Rivera be able to do that if need be?

It happens everywhere. New coaches and GMs always bring in their own guys. Let's not overreact and act like it should be any different for Rivera.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Source tells @SiriusXMNFL that @Chargers asst DBs coach Chris Harris will be leaving to become new @Redskins DBs coach. Chris played in the NFL for eight years (2005-2012) before branching into coaching.

I love it! He coached up a great secondary when those guys were healthy.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Carolina trainer and medical staff were terrible

look at the way cam has been handled ruined him

Because Cam played with a hurt shoulder? And the Cam hurt his foot?

Cam is a run first QB, he was bound to get hurt sometime.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It happens everywhere. New coaches and GMs always bring in their own guys. Let's not overreact and act like it should be any different for Rivera.

It should concern you.  We just spent five years going through the rejects of the Tampa Bay organization because of Gruden and Allen.  Now, Rivera is hiring many of the guys who he coached with in Carolina, including recent teams who were sub .500 after the 15-1 season.  

You would think that a coach who has been in the NFL under so many head coaches before him would be able and willing to hire from outside of his coaching tree by this point.  Even Harris was someone who played for Rivera while he was a DC.  This is really concerning for me, especially since Rivera has full control, because it indicates to me that he only accepts viewpoints that are similar to his.  He doesn't want someone who is going to run contrary to opinion and challenge him.  I know that everyone needs to be on the same page, but there is a difference between challenging upward and silent affirmation.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It should concern you.  We just spent five years going through the rejects of the Tampa Bay organization because of Gruden and Allen.  Now, Rivera is hiring many of the guys who he coached with in Carolina, including recent teams who were sub .500 after the 15-1 season.  

You would think that a coach who has been in the NFL under so many head coaches before him would be able and willing to hire from outside of his coaching tree by this point.  Even Harris was someone who played for Rivera while he was a DC.  This is really concerning for me, especially since Rivera has full control, because it indicates to me that he only accepts viewpoints that are similar to his.  He doesn't want someone who is going to run contrary to opinion and challenge him.  I know that everyone needs to be on the same page, but there is a difference between challenging upward and silent affirmation.  

We don't agree man, not at all. The only season Rivera had losing seasons the last two years was bc Cam Newton was hurt and even so, he still won more games then us this last year.

I’M NOT CONCERNED ABOUT IT!! Every single GM or coach who’s hires does this!

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill and comparing him to Bruce Allen is ridiculous!

I think you’re just continuously looking for reasons to not like Rivera. That’s fine, but I’d rather you not continue to shove it down my throat bc get this, I DONT AGREE!

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We don't agree man, not at all. The only season Rivera had losing seasons the last two years was bc Cam Newton was hurt and even so, he still won more games then us this last year.

I’M NOT CONCERNED ABOUT IT!! Every single GM or coach who’s hires does this!

You’re making a mountain out of a molehill and comparing him to Bruce Allen is ridiculous!

I think you’re just continuously looking for reasons to not like Rivera. That’s fine, but I’d rather you not continue to shove it down my throat bc get this, I DONT AGREE!

You don't need to respond to my posts then.  I won't quote you in the future on this topic.  I'll make one last statement, and you are free to make one last one or not.

Yes, I realize that coaches are all going to bring in someone that they are familiar with., especially if they are new and first time head coaches.  However, most coaches aren't bringing in their entire coaching staff from a team where he just got fired.  Sean McDermott's coordinators have not been from his coaching tree at all.  Heck, Leslie Frazier was a former head coach.  If John Harbaugh wasn't willing to go outside of his coaching tree with Greg Roman, he might not be employed by the Ravens right now, because Roman is the one who drew up the offense for Lamar Jackson.  

So yes, I am absolutely concerned that he's not hiring people who he isn't familiar with.  He's been in the NFL long enough to have developed working knowledge of a lot of assistant coaches.  Is it hubris in "his system"?  When you bring in people with an outside perspective, they can add wrinkles and new ideas and move the team forward.  Does Joe Burrow have the kind of year at LSU this year without Joe Brady?  Complacency and comfort in the status quo is one of the biggest hindrances to success.